**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best Cosmic Champion?

Honestly, it hasn’t been long. But after seeing Karate Mike’s videos with this months madlad, Hercules, I have to say, he is absolutely insane. So, who is the BEST Cosmic Champion

Best Cosmic Champion? 307 votes

Hercules
21% 65 votes
Corvus Glaive
16% 50 votes
Cap Marvel Movie
3% 12 votes
Cosmic Ghost Rider
28% 88 votes
Hyperion
29% 92 votes

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Yeah Herc is just broken… immortality OP

Watch the disagrees pour in from people who are scared af that he will get nerfed
    They disagree with us because they fear the truth… but soon enough they will be enlightened by the true power of Herc
  • WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    I mean...
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Hyperion with his power gain may unironically be the most overated champ in the game.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    sigh
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Don't do these threads we had 50 of them in the past month
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Wait q fe

Here’s my moment for disagrees. Hyperion is only considered the best cosmic for the nostalgia factor. If you released Hyperion and any of Herc, CGR or Corvus in the same month today, I really believe you would not consider Hyperion the best champion.

In the past he could do so much that we required him to do, we weren’t as good at intercepting so his power gain was great, we needed damage so that was great, his secondary source of damage from sp1 was nice. But nowadays he simply doesn’t cut it. We can intercept better and play more reliably without the need for specials to intercept, we have more damage, we have other ways to get secondary damage.

He’s awesome, and it’s a testament to how good he is that he’s still in the conversation at all. But he is not as good as Cosmic champions who came after him, and people are hanging on to the notion that Hyp is the best based on using him to get through act 4, 5 and 6 in the day. We have better champs now

Doesn’t cut it? Idk about you but, he must be pretty insane if he’s still being used and considered a top 3 champ by many, highest rarity is a 5*, no synergies required, and still slays newer content.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Here’s my moment for disagrees. Hyperion is only considered the best cosmic for the nostalgia factor. If you released Hyperion and any of Herc, CGR or Corvus in the same month today, I really believe you would not consider Hyperion the best champion.

In the past he could do so much that we required him to do, we weren’t as good at intercepting so his power gain was great, we needed damage so that was great, his secondary source of damage from sp1 was nice. But nowadays he simply doesn’t cut it. We can intercept better and play more reliably without the need for specials to intercept, we have more damage, we have other ways to get secondary damage.

He’s awesome, and it’s a testament to how good he is that he’s still in the conversation at all. But he is not as good as Cosmic champions who came after him, and people are hanging on to the notion that Hyp is the best based on using him to get through act 4, 5 and 6 in the day. We have better champs now

While I do believe nostalgia plays a role in how often Hyperion gets voted I don't see it being the main/only reason.

If he was released today I'd probably still rate him as highly considering I didn't get him early enough for nostalgia to come into play. An argument can easily be made for corvus and Hercules if I ran suicides but I wouldn't hesitate putting him above CGR.

Yes the need for special intercepts has gone down with player improvement and act 6 attack values taking a nosedive but there are still plenty of places it's useful

We have higher damaging champs now but Hyperions damage is nowhere near lacking to the point where he doesn't cut it.

There are more sources of secondary damage in general but none of the champs being compared here have dot as easily accessible and potent.

It's not going to matter much longer anyways since 6 stars are the future and Hyperion hasn't been added to the pool but for now he still gets my vote
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Wait q fe

Doesn’t cut it? Idk about you but, he must be pretty insane if he’s still being used and considered a top 3 champ by many, highest rarity is a 5*, no synergies required, and still slays newer content.
    I should clarify, doesnt cut it as in doesn’t cut being the top cosmic, not as in he doesn’t cut it in end game content. He’s still very much in the top few cosmic champs.

Just no. Besides the newly released herc hyperion have been the nr 1 cosmic. Its got nothing to do with nostalgia, that just sounds silly lol. Hyperion can bypass so many nodes that you wouldn't think and some people like yourself dont see that which is fine but dont try and put your lack of understanding a champ as a fact of hes not as good as others think.
    Not sure why you have to assume I don’t understand Hyp, he was an early rank 5 of mine years ago, I used him in act 5, he was a main of mine to explore act 6.

I’ve used Hyp in so many places, I’ve seen what he can do and what he can get around, and he just doesn’t compete with the utility and damage that newer cosmic champions provide. He’s awesome yes, but not top cosmic.
    theham said:

CGR has damage and some immunities, but no sustainability and a frustrating play style.

Hype is the best. No synergy needed, poison immunity, dot damage, regeneration, big damage. Some nodes can hurt him and he's not great if he can't land heavies, but he's the best in the class imo.

CGR doesn’t need synergies, he has more immunities (and more relevant immunities too) than Hyp, he has a higher block proficiency than Doom so there’s your sustainability, frustrating playstyle is subjective - I find him really easy to play because I’ve put effort into learning him. His playstyle is rewarding and easy to manage.

He doesn’t rely on heavy attacks for his damage. And before someone says it, no he doesn’t require not to dex - that’s utterly false.

He has incredible utility that people like to ignore:

He has buff control, heal block, power lock, DOT, miss counter, perma armour break for KM, mysterio, near constant armour break for IMIW, guardian etc, power gain (not as good as Hyperions for the most part but when you use it right, you can cycle sp3s in 2 combos where the opponent is power locked, so it’s better than Hyps there )

He also has massive damage - which can be a utility for getting through hard fights before dying, I have a solo of the gauntlet Void proving that on YouTube. He got the fight over with, it proved difficult for a lot of people, but he finished it with sheer damage before it even got difficult. Utility is having the tool to deal with and survive fights, hence, utility.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    As soon as I saw what herc could do on day one I’ve been saying he’s the best cosmic. He’s still fresh, so it makes sense as to why people would be hesitant to saying he’s best. But like many great champions, he’ll slowly be regarded as one of, if not the best cosmic. Can disagree all you want, but he’ll prove himself to soon enough
    Honestly I don’t think it’s possible to say he isn’t at the very least top 5 and be serious
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    This just my personal opinion!

1. Hercules
    2. Hyperion
    3. Cosmic Ghost Rider
    4. Corvus Glaive
    5. Captain Marvel (Movie)