**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• TushymqnTushymqn Posts: 1
    I still can’t get the milestone for the xl/villain. I have won 5 times with Ronan. It shows I have 15 points but don’t know if that includes the extra point from week 4.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Tushymqn said:

I still can’t get the milestone for the xl/villain. I have won 5 times with Ronan. It shows I have 15 points but don’t know if that includes the extra point from week 4.

Because Ronan isn't XL. It has to be an XL Villain. Not XL or Villain.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    altavista said:

Wiredawg1 said:

The final 2 weeks as they explained in mail in game is all 9 bosses plus 1 more end boss and as they came out and said last night this will be a different set of rewards

Where is this mentioned? On a video or a forum post?
    They sent mail in game regarding the last 2 weeks at the start of the event. Regarding the rewards. It was posted in alliance chat and it looked like it came off the news forum page
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    H0pE21 said:

Is it just me or is summer of pain getting easier each week

It’s not you. They said the first 3 bosses were the warm up matches but it turns out they should’ve been the final bosses and the last 3 should’ve been the first 3. Maybe the next 3 might be harder but I doubt it.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

Will players that can’t play the game properly due to parry & dexterity issues get a chance at summer of pain ?

every player is playing under the same conditions. so it can be done despite what's going on with parry and dex. so i'd just go for it as many others have already.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Will players that can’t play the game properly due to parry & dexterity issues get a chance at summer of pain ?

every player is playing under the same conditions. so it can be done despite what's going on with parry and dex. so i'd just go for it as many others have already.
    That's not true. I haven't had the parry or dex issues at all.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Additionally, that would make sense for something where you were playing against other players. Like a leaderboard, if everyone is affected equally then you’re all going to place lower and it cancels out. So say there’s 10 players and they each score 5 points less because of the issues, they would each drop the same amount and everything would be fine.

But when it’s something that you’re only measured against yourself, it’s a different story. Now each of the 10 players lose 5 points, and lose out on milestones. That means rewards are lost.

That’s also with the assumption that everyone is affected equally, as Damien said, that’s not the case
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

Additionally, that would make sense for something where you were playing against other players. Like a leaderboard, if everyone is affected equally then you’re all going to place lower and it cancels out. So say there’s 10 players and they each score 5 points less because of the issues, they would each drop the same amount and everything would be fine.

But when it’s something that you’re only measured against yourself, it’s a different story. Now each of the 10 players lose 5 points, and lose out on milestones. That means rewards are lost.

That’s also with the assumption that everyone is affected equally, as Damien said, that’s not the case
    i think the point is he's not the only one who is having parry/evade issues. i'm having them as well as thousands of others players and i've completed the SOP as well as many others under the same condition. so saying that it's unable to be done because of these issues isn't accurate. is it ideal? nope. but it's not impossible as has been proven ya know.

also, i'm in no way trying to force anyone to play it who doesn't want to because of the parry issue. that is their absolute right and i certainly understand.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Cap66 said:

Will you recieve each Milestone reward you hit? If u end at Milestone 5 do I recieve Milestone 1 - 5 rewards?

No, you will only get milestone #5.
  • P0esisP0esis Posts: 22

Frosty said:

Just ran through this new fight with Ronan.
    He is a metal champ I didn't get objective from completing it.
    Ran it twice and restarted. No points

The team is looking into this right now. Once we have a fix, we'll let everyone know.
    The team implemented a fix for this and it should be working correctly now. We're working on getting the Objective awarded to those who would have completed them before the fix went live, though this may take a few days.
    Any updates? I contacted support, but still haven’t been credited for the fight. Are we going to have to finish this objective again before the content disappears? Will we be credited before the content disappears?
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

Oh, so you think the top Throne breakers should get yet another chance to get miles ahead of the cavalier players, but the cavalier should not get a chance to earn sweet rewards which could help them greatly towards Throne breaker. A chance like this for them is rare enough as it is, but you think they shouldn't have it? That makes sense. Let's widen the already huge gap between us and them. Sounds totally fair. I think both groups should be able to have access to the whole thing, including objectives.
    xNig said:

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

Oh, so you think the top Throne breakers should get yet another chance to get miles ahead of the cavalier players, but the cavalier should not get a chance to earn sweet rewards which could help them greatly towards Throne breaker. A chance like this for them is rare enough as it is, but you think they shouldn't have it? That makes sense. Let's widen the already huge gap between us and them. Sounds totally fair. I think both groups should be able to have access to the whole thing, including objectives.
    The reason why there’s a huge gap is because most throne breakers have already done ALL the content available in the game, something most Cavs procrastinate and find excuses to do.

You want the benefits? Do the other available content to get you there.

Damn, I’ll take another year or something to reach where you are. By that time there will probable be another title and much more content to do.
  • Raphael2010Raphael2010 Posts: 14
    If we continue to have 3 objectives for each solo fight, we are on track to hit the 27th milestone with the week 9 boss.

Will there be additional rewards for the two-week challenge?
  • TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Posts: 21
    @Kabam Miike can you confirm something for us?

Will week 9 give only enough objective points to reach 27 points (max tier milestones), and no more be available? Meaning if anyone missed 1 single objective they have no chance of top tier prize?

Will the final 2 week challenge offer additional objective points? Will the rewards be different for the final 2 week challenge (which if I’m understanding correctly starts at week 10?).

My concern is players that missed 1 objective, won’t push to complete the next hard objective because they might think they “already missed the top prize” but if there is still a chance to get the top tier players would continue to push and spend to get all possible objectives.
  • RoyalRose1510RoyalRose1510 Posts: 20
    What are final challenge rewards of summer of pain ?
    Because 27 points can be achieved before final challenge go live.
    Also u guys mentioned that final challenge will feature highlights of previous week
    so if i am not wrong final challenge might possibly have 9 or 10 fight quest with 5champ entry allowed featuring all fights of previous week in one lane ??
  • Drharkanon0Drharkanon0 Posts: 24

Also u guys mentioned that final challenge will feature highlights of previous week
    so if i am not wrong final challenge might possibly have 9 or 10 fight quest with 5champ entry allowed featuring all fights of previous week in one lane ??

I think it's just 1 fight but the rival will have several boosts
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

That will be exciting and a decent challenge. 1 slot 1 fight is just too easy, given we can use the most optimal counter.

Having more fights than slots means needing to bring suboptimal counters that can handle more than 1 fight, making it more challenging.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

That will be exciting and a decent challenge. 1 slot 1 fight is just too easy, given we can use the most optimal counter.

Having more fights than slots means needing to bring suboptimal counters that can handle more than 1 fight, making it more challenging.
    I feel like 0 energy 1-on-1 fight can never be tough enough without adding some BS mechanic like the Abyss collector ...

I was listening to KT1 say that he will love it if the fights will make him use at least 1 revive. That's probably not gonna happen with this format.
    Exactly. As long as we are able to bring the most optimal counter, it’ll never be difficult.

The reason why Gauntlet was challenging was because it had more fights (a lot more) than slots available, so we were forced to use champs that we won’t usually use against some defenders, since those champs can cover more ground and fulfill more criteria required in different fights.

DNA3000 said:

The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.
    But we’ll get all the points before the challenge even appears, so will it be separate rewards for that challenge?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

@Kabam Miike can you confirm something for us?

Will week 9 give only enough objective points to reach 27 points (max tier milestones), and no more be available? Meaning if anyone missed 1 single objective they have no chance of top tier prize?

I would also like to know the answer to this. Haven’t been able to find official word anywhere

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

But we’ll get all the points before the challenge even appears, so will it be separate rewards for that challenge?

At this point, almost certainly, and Kabam is probably deliberately being silent on that subject because they want it to be a surprise.