**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Emma Today?

Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
What do you guys think will be today’s SoP boss??? I think it’s gonna be Emma this time

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Yeah probably. There are only 3 weeks left. We know one of them will have Emma and I have a good feeling that the final week will have some form of the 6.2 champion, a thanos boss, or the grandmaster so that only leaves 1 mystery boss left. There is pretty much a 50/50 chance of it being Emma this week so sure, it can be her.

There are 4 bosses including this one left
    Nope, 3 more.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Yeah Emma needs to be the hardest boss of sop

No, that would be a bad idea. It should be someone like the pre-nerf champion or something like that.

I'm going to struggle massively if it is Emma.

Agreed, I don’t have professor X at any rarity and I have magneto as only a 3 star and Mr Sinister as a 4 star only, who I do not want to rank up. The odds of me evading Emma’s special attack is 1/50, and to do it for an entire fight is 0.00%. I’ll just take it as blocked hits honestly.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lol thought this was someone ranking up Emma and I was about to get real excited...... oh well.
  • Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 148 ★★

I'm going to struggle massively if it is Emma.

Agreed, I don’t have professor X at any rarity and I have magneto as only a 3 star and Mr Sinister as a 4 star only, who I do not want to rank up. The odds of me evading Emma’s special attack is 1/50, and to do it for an entire fight is 0.00%. I’ll just take it as blocked hits honestly.
    what if her specials are unblockable? 🤭
    Zan0 said:

Qacob said:

Zan0 said:

Yeah probably. There are only 3 weeks left. We know one of them will have Emma and I have a good feeling that the final week will have some form of the 6.2 champion, a thanos boss, or the grandmaster so that only leaves 1 mystery boss left. There is pretty much a 50/50 chance of it being Emma this week so sure, it can be her.

Nope, 3 more.
    Summer of pain is 10 quests
    No actually, no it is not
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    9 times 1 equals 9
    The ninth one is a boss rush. So it's still 9 quests.
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Qacob said:

Zan0 said:

Nope, 3 more.
    Summer of pain is 10 quests
    It's 9 dude
    Kabam didn't really explain it well but the event is
    9 × 1 fight quests and 1 × boss rush of 10 champs
    But if you add it up, 27 points are over the week before the boss rush comes out. So the boss rush is technically not part of the summer of pain, at least rewards are not related to it

9 times 1 equals 9
    The ninth one is a boss rush. So it's still 9 quests.

No the ninth one is not a boss rush if the dates match up
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    I hope not. I hate fighting her lol
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    For the love of all thing good please let her not have unblockable Specials
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'm guessing that we'll get emma today, and then the last few will be much harder than the previous ones. i am expecting that we'll get 6.2 the champion pre nerf, and i have no idea who the other one will be

If that actually happens then I guess I’m just gonna settle for 7 points, because there’s now way I’m gonna sacrifice me being mentally okay just because I died 3 bajillion times trying to dodge one special attack.
  • Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 148 ★★

i feel like Emma will have Unblockable specials and Power Efficiency 🤭
    will be fun 🤫
    edited July 2021
    These nodes should stay away
    Aspect of war
    Slashed tires and Unblockable special's
    Energize too

All I ask is I don't see
    Aspect of war
    Energize too

I have seen people saying slashed tires juggernaut before but I haven’t seen what it is. What happens with the slashed tires node?
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    The fact is there are 3 more summer of pain individual bosses, with one final week after that which is a summer of pain mini boss rush of sorts.

July 28 is week 7 which gets us to point 19.

August 4 is week 8 which gets us to point 23.

August 11 is week 9 which gets us to the final point 27 of the event rewards structure.

They specifically say there is a final but on August 18. Read it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269480/summer-of-pain-updated-june-16-14-00-pt/p1
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Na it’s gonna be groot

All I ask is I don't see
    Aspect of war
    Energize too

I have seen people saying slashed tires juggernaut before but I haven’t seen what it is. What happens with the slashed tires node?
    The Slashed Tires node states, "Dashing backwards against the enemy causes you to take 50% of their Attack as Direct Damage".
    It's basically no retreat on steroids