Summer of pain objectives counters

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Member Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    With full suicides:

0 revives Domino R2

1 revive with Hyperion R5

2 revives with Warlock R3
  • SaiyanSaiyan Member Posts: 727 ★★★★

Ok I'll share my experience. I got all 1 shots with 3 different champs in such odd ways. Note this was after many restarts.

Angela (5/65 sig 200): I opted to use only SP3s and I'd try to stun him before I used it to waste the armor break timer alittle while being alittle safe. Her SP3 does NOT GIVE HIM POWER, it only triggers the armor breaks so he gains no power. It doesn't really do that much damage also but hey.

Domino (5/65 sig 20): Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck... etc etc. The time I got the 1 shot was because her SP3 placed a 8k per tick bleed on him which cut out alot of the fight. I didnt record it take a pic cuz it's not hard with her, just you gotta get lucky.

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Member Posts: 569 ★★★
    R5 Voodoo got the Control Denial solo. Start with an SP3, then spam SP2 only. Took 260 hits, but the fight felt in control the entire time.

Domino Solo for Merc
    Hercules Solo for Cosmic
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,732 ★★★★★
    @Saiyan and @Xguard77 what percentage did you end the fight with when using doctor voodoo? I was considering using my maxed 4* but I’m not sure if his healthpool is large enough. I’m okay with it being a long fight.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Member Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Will3808 said:

@Saiyan and @Xguard77 what percentage did you end the fight with when using doctor voodoo? I was considering using my maxed 4* but I’m not sure if his healthpool is large enough. I’m okay with it being a long fight.

I ended on 23% or so. He may have ended on much higher cuz he use specials.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Member Posts: 569 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Will3808 said:

I was above 70%. 4* would need about 500 hits to do the fight. It's possible if you're perfect at dexing his SP2 - if you just take block damage though I wouldn't do it.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Cosmic: Used Angela. Have a r2 sig 58. It did take 2 revives and a handful of potions, but it was very well doable.

Immune: Used Warlock. I have a 5/65 and I just used a couple of free 20% revives. Just go in. Work up to a sp2. Throw it. And you will be able to take down at least 20% before he reaches the null stage. Open a couple of free 4h crystals and it will give you all the free revives you need so you don`t have to spend.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★
    HT R5 - Flame On - had him to 19%. Probably would have one shot him if I was a better player or had any boosts up. Maybe 1-2 revives to finish him off - was rushing as my wife had a chore for me but I wanted to get it done.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    angela solo
    Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

I didn't attempt any "skilled" runs, cause I've been farming revives, and have them in overflow.

So for me:

6*r2 Angela with 4 20% revives
    6*r2 Massacre with 3 20% revives
    6*r3 Prof-X with 4 20% revives

Any way not to get crushed instantly without getting hit? With Angela?

I was doing fine then went from 100% to 0 in a second
    Don’t throw any specials other than sp3s. It gives sym supreme a bunch of power if you hit him while he has an armor break on.
    Are the placebo buffs counting towards her nullify immunity? I had 8 up and still got a nullify on me. They look like they're passive and not active on the buff menu.
    nah thats because staggers arent the same as nullify and will still affect her
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

I didn't attempt any "skilled" runs, cause I've been farming revives, and have them in overflow.

So for me:

Don’t throw any specials other than sp3s. It gives sym supreme a bunch of power if you hit him while he has an armor break on.
    Are the placebo buffs counting towards her nullify immunity? I had 8 up and still got a nullify on me. They look like they're passive and not active on the buff menu.
    This is true, when you look at the abilities of a champ who’s immune to nullify and stagger they are listed separately. Angela’s only says nullify. Stagger =/= nullify

Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

So for me:

This is true, when you look at the abilities of a champ who’s immune to nullify and stagger they are listed separately. Angela’s only says nullify. Stagger =/= nullify
    really wish she had that in her abilities too
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Member Posts: 242 ★★
    Domino - solo
    Voodoo - solo
    Hyperion - 1 20% revive
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Yet "nullified" appears on the left side the screen when a stagger activates. Why is that?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,388 ★★★★★
    Domino 5/65 1 revive.
    Herc 6sr2 1 revive.
    Prof X 4 revives (recoil damage and placebo buff damage was severe).

Fun. And Herc needs those sig stones in the rewards.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.

Xguard77 said:

R5 Voodoo got the Control Denial solo. Start with an SP3, then spam SP2 only. Took 260 hits, but the fight felt in control the entire time.

This may be an odd question, but with Voodoo, did you not run into the same problem of getting decimated when SS nullifies all your buffs? Or did that just never proc on you because of the -50% AAR? Asking for a friend.

• ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,893 ★★★★★
    Since I have absolutely no #mercenaries ranked up, I ended up using my 5r3 Domino. But oh my god, she was a beast. I did have to use a couple of 20% revives but wow, she just tore him to shreds.

For the cosmic objective, I ended up using Hyperion and a bunch of revives. I just couldn't stun-lock him enough to kill him before his nullify phase nuked me, but the fight itself was easy enough with Hyperion.

For the denial champ, I used my 6r1 Yellowjacket. He put in some solid work even if I still had to use a bunch of revives. My 6r2 Punisher 2099 put in better work generally speaking, but it just felt like a good place to test out YJ after a conversation I had with @pseudosane about him. I already know I love and adore P2099.
    Typhoon said:

Yet "nullified" appears on the left side the screen when a stagger activates. Why is that?

because thats how stagger takes effect. it is not a direct nullify but has the same route. that is why you can get MD from it. think of it as the same as purify and cleanse
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Member Posts: 595 ★★★
    IKON said:

Domino - Solo
    Hype - 2 revives
    Voodoo - Solo

What was your strategy with Voodoo?
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,222 ★★★★★
    Someone that used magik. What is the game plan with her?
  • GOTGGOTG Member Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Used Warlock and it took me 3 revives to finish SS. Other objectives were not that much of a challenge. Thing, Hyperion and Luke Cage did good to me.
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★

IKON said:

Domino - Solo
    Hype - 2 revives
    Voodoo - Solo

Throw an initial SP1 on an odd combo, and for the rest of the fight you don’t need to throw any more specials. But if you want to, make sure they’re thrown on an odd combo, preferably SP2 or SP3. And for giggles, when there’s only 20-30% hp left, if SS has over 20 Loa’s on him throw an SP1 to apply massive poison damage (but don’t get hit lol).

https://youtu.be/kz1U9v2aM2A

• yuwyuw Member Posts: 316 ★★
    edited July 2021
    his special 1 is easy to evade and special 2 you block the first hit and evade the last 2 hits

30% boost and no suicide:

5star r3 domino: 2 revive, attack like normally would and use special 2 when ready

5star r4 hyperion: 3 revives, parry and heavy, when you are about to get to sp3,throw your sp 2 to stun him and then heavy and wait a bit and do 5 hit combo just before stun ends ,follow by another sp2

6star r2 warlock:4 revive, hit like normal and special 2

6 more points to go to get to the second best reward and I have plenty of revives from compensation and solo event, It should be easily achievable. Thought I was only going to get 15k 6 star shards at the start the event, crazy. :)
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Member Posts: 534 ★★★
    Angela high sig, chance to nit get nullified

Dr Voodoo duped, apply Brother Daniel for 50% AAR, don’t use SP1s

Domino, play normally and pray you don’t get nullified into oblivion
  • UvoginUvogin Member Posts: 345 ★★★
    Got a solo with r4 doctor voodoo even though I got hit a bunch. Just keep throwing sp2/sp3 on odd combos

Domino for the mercenary one and Hyperion with 1 revive for the cosmic
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Nvm this, please ignore
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Mercenary- Domino (one shot)
    Cosmic- Hyperion 1 40% revive, no pots
    Control - DV (one shot) throw sp2/3 on odd combo. Took 339 hits from my R5

Other - Red guardian AA HT Namor
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Member Posts: 595 ★★★
    Aburaees said:

IKON said:

Domino - Solo
    Hype - 2 revives
    Voodoo - Solo

Throw an initial SP1 on an odd combo, and for the rest of the fight you don’t need to throw any more specials. But if you want to, make sure they’re thrown on an odd combo, preferably SP2 or SP3. And for giggles, when there’s only 20-30% hp left, if SS has over 20 Loa’s on him throw an SP1 to apply massive poison damage (but don’t get hit lol).

Thanks man!
    Saw now but I did it by just throwing one sp2 with Odd combo and that's it.
    This method sure would have lowered my hit count.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

Aburaees said:

IKON said:

Domino - Solo
    Hype - 2 revives
    Voodoo - Solo

Can you please explain what that l1 do that we don't need to worry after ? Just curious to learn.

Thanks
    It gives debuff duration - you can MM MLLLM each combo with a prey but it also reduces AA so it significantly reduces chances of SS gaining power and entering his nullify state. I personally just cycled sp2 on odd combo throughout the whole fight.