**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer of pain objectives counters

Comments

• Options
    kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 99
    I got a solo with Angela. Don't use any specials and bait his sp2. Easy bout long fight.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@Dontsellthem Angela needs to be awakened. If so, she increases her resistance to nullify based on the number of buffs she has, so those placebo buffs effectively make her immune to nullify by the time SS gets to his third phase.

And as @Will3808 said, only throw sp3. Any other will place a **** load of armor breaks on him which will drive his power gain through the roof.

This is not correct. The placebos are not being counted towards her buff counter for nullify immunity.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    one shot with Domino and Hype ... decided to just bull threw him with Claire and used two of the free revives we just got to just get it over with using Claire lol
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    @Typhoon I won't disagree, cause like I said, I had revives in overflow, so I just went Leroy Jenkins on him, and didn't attempt any real skillful playing, and didn't pay much attention to what phases he was in.

That said, if the placebos aren't creating an immunity to nullify, it's definitely a bug, cause the node clearly calls them a buff, and Angela's sig clearly states "for each buff...", not each unique buff.

Now that I'm done with the objectives, I'll poke around again to see what's happening.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

R3 cgr and domino boosted can easily solo. I used profx with mutant boost and only needed 1 revive.

Here is @SatsuiNoHadou video did the same thing worked awesome. He did not throw sp3 when backed in corner.
    https://youtu.be/wgDr6TZhrpk

This person got so lucky in this fight. Sym supreme really didn’t want to throw his sp3.
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

@Typhoon I won't disagree, cause like I said, I had revives in overflow, so I just went Leroy Jenkins on him, and didn't attempt any real skillful playing, and didn't pay much attention to what phases he was in.

That said, if the placebos aren't creating an immunity to nullify, it's definitely a bug, cause the node clearly calls them a buff, and Angela's sig clearly states "for each buff...", not each unique buff.

Now that I'm done with the objectives, I'll poke around again to see what's happening.

I agree. The node says a "placebo buff" yet it's a passive buff on the buff menu. Angela's sig says -X.XX% nullify chance for each buff on her.
  • Options
    Franco_89Franco_89 Posts: 6
    6* rank 2 HT one shot
    6* rank 1 LC 2 Revives
    5* rank 5 DV one shot
    5* rank * Hyperion 2 revives

For Voodoo all you have to do is SP2 odd combo and repeat. The stuns last longer and he doesn’t place as many placebo buffs.

LC keeps spamming SP2 and hope concussion lands

Hyperion I just kept spamming SP3 and kept him in the corner

HT nova flame, enough said lol hope this helps
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    With full suicides:

0 revives Domino R2

1 revive with Hyperion R5

2 revives with Warlock R3
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Ok I'll share my experience. I got all 1 shots with 3 different champs in such odd ways. Note this was after many restarts.

Angela (5/65 sig 200): I opted to use only SP3s and I'd try to stun him before I used it to waste the armor break timer alittle while being alittle safe. Her SP3 does NOT GIVE HIM POWER, it only triggers the armor breaks so he gains no power. It doesn't really do that much damage also but hey.

Domino (5/65 sig 20): Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck... etc etc. The time I got the 1 shot was because her SP3 placed a 8k per tick bleed on him which cut out alot of the fight. I didnt record it take a pic cuz it's not hard with her, just you gotta get lucky.

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    R5 Voodoo got the Control Denial solo. Start with an SP3, then spam SP2 only. Took 260 hits, but the fight felt in control the entire time.

Domino Solo for Merc
    Hercules Solo for Cosmic
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @Saiyan and @Xguard77 what percentage did you end the fight with when using doctor voodoo? I was considering using my maxed 4* but I’m not sure if his healthpool is large enough. I’m okay with it being a long fight.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Will3808 said:

@Saiyan and @Xguard77 what percentage did you end the fight with when using doctor voodoo? I was considering using my maxed 4* but I’m not sure if his healthpool is large enough. I’m okay with it being a long fight.

I ended on 23% or so. He may have ended on much higher cuz he use specials.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Will3808 said:

I was above 70%. 4* would need about 500 hits to do the fight. It's possible if you're perfect at dexing his SP2 - if you just take block damage though I wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Cosmic: Used Angela. Have a r2 sig 58. It did take 2 revives and a handful of potions, but it was very well doable.

Immune: Used Warlock. I have a 5/65 and I just used a couple of free 20% revives. Just go in. Work up to a sp2. Throw it. And you will be able to take down at least 20% before he reaches the null stage. Open a couple of free 4h crystals and it will give you all the free revives you need so you don`t have to spend.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,685 ★★★★
    HT R5 - Flame On - had him to 19%. Probably would have one shot him if I was a better player or had any boosts up. Maybe 1-2 revives to finish him off - was rushing as my wife had a chore for me but I wanted to get it done.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    angela solo
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

I didn't attempt any "skilled" runs, cause I've been farming revives, and have them in overflow.

So for me:

6*r2 Angela with 4 20% revives
    6*r2 Massacre with 3 20% revives
    6*r3 Prof-X with 4 20% revives

Any way not to get crushed instantly without getting hit? With Angela?

I was doing fine then went from 100% to 0 in a second
    Don’t throw any specials other than sp3s. It gives sym supreme a bunch of power if you hit him while he has an armor break on.
    Are the placebo buffs counting towards her nullify immunity? I had 8 up and still got a nullify on me. They look like they're passive and not active on the buff menu.
    nah thats because staggers arent the same as nullify and will still affect her
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

I didn't attempt any "skilled" runs, cause I've been farming revives, and have them in overflow.

So for me:

Don’t throw any specials other than sp3s. It gives sym supreme a bunch of power if you hit him while he has an armor break on.
    Are the placebo buffs counting towards her nullify immunity? I had 8 up and still got a nullify on me. They look like they're passive and not active on the buff menu.
    This is true, when you look at the abilities of a champ who’s immune to nullify and stagger they are listed separately. Angela’s only says nullify. Stagger =/= nullify
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Will3808 said:

mgj0630 said:

So for me:

This is true, when you look at the abilities of a champ who’s immune to nullify and stagger they are listed separately. Angela’s only says nullify. Stagger =/= nullify
    really wish she had that in her abilities too
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Domino - solo
    Voodoo - solo
    Hyperion - 1 20% revive
  • Options
    Yet "nullified" appears on the left side the screen when a stagger activates. Why is that?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Domino 5/65 1 revive.
    Herc 6sr2 1 revive.
    Prof X 4 revives (recoil damage and placebo buff damage was severe).

Fun. And Herc needs those sig stones in the rewards.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.

Xguard77 said:

R5 Voodoo got the Control Denial solo. Start with an SP3, then spam SP2 only. Took 260 hits, but the fight felt in control the entire time.

This may be an odd question, but with Voodoo, did you not run into the same problem of getting decimated when SS nullifies all your buffs? Or did that just never proc on you because of the -50% AAR? Asking for a friend.

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Since I have absolutely no #mercenaries ranked up, I ended up using my 5r3 Domino. But oh my god, she was a beast. I did have to use a couple of 20% revives but wow, she just tore him to shreds.

For the cosmic objective, I ended up using Hyperion and a bunch of revives. I just couldn't stun-lock him enough to kill him before his nullify phase nuked me, but the fight itself was easy enough with Hyperion.

For the denial champ, I used my 6r1 Yellowjacket. He put in some solid work even if I still had to use a bunch of revives. My 6r2 Punisher 2099 put in better work generally speaking, but it just felt like a good place to test out YJ after a conversation I had with @pseudosane about him. I already know I love and adore P2099.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Yet "nullified" appears on the left side the screen when a stagger activates. Why is that?

because thats how stagger takes effect. it is not a direct nullify but has the same route. that is why you can get MD from it. think of it as the same as purify and cleanse
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    IKON said:

Domino - Solo
    Hype - 2 revives
    Voodoo - Solo

What was your strategy with Voodoo?
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Someone that used magik. What is the game plan with her?
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Used Warlock and it took me 3 revives to finish SS. Other objectives were not that much of a challenge. Thing, Hyperion and Luke Cage did good to me.