**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Can I miss a single point and still get all the rewards
    Do we still have a chance of getting 8-12 points in the next couple weeks or is it just 8?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    ''
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Do we still have a chance of getting 8-12 points in the next couple weeks or is it just 8?

This is currently week 7. The maximum points possible for a TB player as of this week is 19. There are two more weeks plus a final challenge. Everyone is presuming that there will be three objectives per fight for the last two weeks, which means a maximum of 27 points. It takes 27 points to maximize the milestones in the Summer of Pain event. Missing a point means failing to reach the top milestone.

Kabam has not stated what the specific parameters are for the final challenge, which starts after the end of week nine (some of us have been calling it "week ten" although it is not part of the initial nine week series of fights) and lasts two weeks, and it appears they have no intention of saying what the details of that final challenge are before it happens. It seems unlikely that the final challenge will hand out milestone points, as that would simultaneously make it much easier to max out the SoP milestones, and conversely offer no benefit to players that actually got every single point. Also, that seems to be the kind of thing that makes no sense to keep secret.

It is *possible* that the final challenge will contain its own rewards *plus* extra milestone points for people who missed some, but I wouldn't bet on that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is currently week 7. The maximum points possible for a TB player as of this week is 19. There are two more weeks plus a final challenge. Everyone is presuming that there will be three objectives per fight for the last two weeks, which means a maximum of 27 points. It takes 27 points to maximize the milestones in the Summer of Pain event. Missing a point means failing to reach the top milestone.

Kabam has not stated what the specific parameters are for the final challenge, which starts after the end of week nine (some of us have been calling it "week ten" although it is not part of the initial nine week series of fights) and lasts two weeks, and it appears they have no intention of saying what the details of that final challenge are before it happens. It seems unlikely that the final challenge will hand out milestone points, as that would simultaneously make it much easier to max out the SoP milestones, and conversely offer no benefit to players that actually got every single point. Also, that seems to be the kind of thing that makes no sense to keep secret.

It is *possible* that the final challenge will contain its own rewards *plus* extra milestone points for people who missed some, but I wouldn't bet on that.
    Or the next two fights will have less objectives giving us less points per total and you’ll have to complete the final challenge and objectives to reach the final milestone.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Does anyone have a full list of SOP fights and objectives? I’m not going for 100% on my alt, but I don’t remember whether or not I will lose that Darkhawk point.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    SlumpGod said:

TyEdge said:

Does anyone have a full list of SOP fights and objectives? I’m not going for 100% on my alt, but I don’t remember whether or not I will lose that Darkhawk point.

If you’re talking about the extra point from darkhawk rather than the initial completion, then yes. That will be lost.
    Right. But I didn’t remember if I “earned” it or not on my alt. I didn’t want to stop at 19, for example, then drop to 18. Going through my alliance chat, objectives were robot, mutant and villain. Since I don’t have magneto or Apoc on my alt, I think I just used sentinel, took 3/4 and quit. So I’m gonna say my current score of 12 is a legit 12 and not 11.
    Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Or the next two fights will have less objectives giving us less points per total and you’ll have to complete the final challenge and objectives to reach the final milestone.
    That's not impossible, but I believe this is extremely unlikely. When week four came out, I suggested that one possibility was that every week after week three would have one TB objective which would make the total milestone points possible 15, which coincided with the highest milestone before R4 materials appeared in the rewards. Then the final challenge would contain the points necessary to max out the milestones and get those R4 materials and sig stones. That seemed logical. But at this point, we're up to milestone 9 and 19 points. If the last two weeks revert to one TB objective each that would take us to 23 points and milestone 10. The final challenge would then only be granting access to the final milestone (milestone 11). To me, that seems less likely than the final challenge containing a completely independent set of rewards.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

That's not impossible, but I believe this is extremely unlikely. When week four came out, I suggested that one possibility was that every week after week three would have one TB objective which would make the total milestone points possible 15, which coincided with the highest milestone before R4 materials appeared in the rewards. Then the final challenge would contain the points necessary to max out the milestones and get those R4 materials and sig stones. That seemed logical. But at this point, we're up to milestone 9 and 19 points. If the last two weeks revert to one TB objective each that would take us to 23 points and milestone 10. The final challenge would then only be granting access to the final milestone (milestone 11). To me, that seems less likely than the final challenge containing a completely independent set of rewards.
    I guess we will see soon enough. I can see it being a 4-3-1 point schedule on the final 3 wars. The last challenge concisely having enough for the final milestone. Giving out extra rewards with what’s on the board and how easy it’s been to achieve these milestones. I don’t see, it also has the normal rewards. Gold, shards, rank up resources. Even if it’s only 1 gold per clear, shards = 6* nexus and the rank up resources to “pick” our own classes.

Those are huge rewards in the eyes of kabam. The last milestone will be a do or die situation but 2nd last milestone isn’t the worse place the land. It’s pretty good as well.
    DNA3000 said:

Ah ok well now the question is do I care to get the 19th point because I don’t feel like ranking up any control denial champ

DNA3000 said:

Ah ok well now the question is do I care to get the 19th point because I don’t feel like ranking up any control denial champ
    Depends on how high you're thinking of ranking. I used a rank 1 (6*) Domino for mercenary and made it work using a ton of boosts I'm constantly overflowing on anyway from solo crystals, and one revive which was basically free. Oh, and a mutant power boost I'm always replacing from the loyalty store with currency I don't use for anything else at the moment. So I think it is possible to compensate for unranked champions with enough temporary boosts to make up the difference, and as long as you aren't spending units on those, it might be worth the effort. The same might work with an underleveled Doc Oc or YJ or Warlock for denial.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Depends on how high you're thinking of ranking. I used a rank 1 (6*) Domino for mercenary and made it work using a ton of boosts I'm constantly overflowing on anyway from solo crystals, and one revive which was basically free. Oh, and a mutant power boost I'm always replacing from the loyalty store with currency I don't use for anything else at the moment. So I think it is possible to compensate for unranked champions with enough temporary boosts to make up the difference, and as long as you aren't spending units on those, it might be worth the effort. The same might work with an underleveled Doc Oc or YJ or Warlock for denial.
    I got all 19 points, I just ranked up warlock and called it a day
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Can we just reduce the 1 week availability to like 2 days?
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    benshb said:

Can we just reduce the 1 week availability to like 2 days?

No
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What are final challenge rewards of summer of pain ?
    Because 27 points can be achieved before final challenge go live.
    Also u guys mentioned that final challenge will feature highlights of previous week
    so if i am not wrong final challenge might possibly have 9 or 10 fight quest with 5champ entry allowed featuring all fights of previous week in one lane ??

I think it's just 1 fight but the rival will have several boosts
    The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.
    But we’ll get all the points before the challenge even appears, so will it be separate rewards for that challenge?
    At this point, almost certainly, and Kabam is probably deliberately being silent on that subject because they want it to be a surprise.

K cool thanks
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I really don't understand why kabam is hiding how many points can be earned per week (we expect 8 more points in 2 weeks but are not 100% sure)

I also don't get what hiding what "week 10" will bring will accomplish.

It only adds to the confusion. I see it in my line chats. Noone who doesn't dig deeper into that topic knows whats going on. The extra points from Darkhawk didn't help with that. Some got 1 extra point and others have even 2 extra points.

Would it be to hard to write it like this?

Weeks 1-3 give 1 point for the defeat = 3

Weeks 4-9 give 1 point for the defeat = 6
    give 1 point per objective (3 per
    week) = 18

Total points = 27

On week 10-11 will be a special challenge with extra rewards.

Boom done.
    - 10.000 confused posts.

I feel like kabam is trying too hard to make interesting things and overcomplicate them while they do that.

You can make interesting simple things too. The side events have become pretty grindy as well.

This month side event is a perfect example.

Everyone was complaining about that it was too grindy but said "ah well for this jucy rewards I will still do it"

I would not call that successful tho
  • This should not have been only limited to certain people.
    I feel that you should have another contest similar to this that excludes the people that were allowed to.
    This is one of those things of why should I spend money on this game if I'm only going to be excluded from content. My suggestion would be a two-star event excluding people that were able to do this. To make up for this.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

This should not have been only limited to certain people.
    I feel that you should have another contest similar to this that excludes the people that were allowed to.
    This is one of those things of why should I spend money on this game if I'm only going to be excluded from content. My suggestion would be a two-star event excluding people that were able to do this. To make up for this.

That's not how progression tiers work. Players at the top tiers will always have excess to everything that lower tier players have and additionally to extra stuff that lower tiers cant get.

So you want uncollected players to start getting 6 star nexus selectors? This is a really bad idea. What the guy above me said is right
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★

Kabam's whole "make players catch up faster" is flawed in a way that since veterans had the time to play along and get more champs and rankups than they actually needed, while the "newcomers" has only a few counters ranked up, when they reach the same progression title as old timers they automatically assume they deserve the same rewards as the other Thronebreakers (in this case). But when they realize they are unable to do those fight others can breeze through, because of their lack of counters, they start complaining about how hard that content is.

That is why TB title is wrong at its core. Current Cavs can have their first 6r3 waaay before act 6 completion, also with a very 'limited' roster. That is why TB eligibility should be tied to a decent amount of 5r5-s, so when they reach a certain content beyond TB, they wouldn't have to complain.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Does it really matter about week 10!

If I have to 27 points after 9 weeks then top rewards secured - all good, job done. Could no care less for week 10.

If it comes with extra unannounced rewards then great - if not I won’t even wasted my time looking at it if I already have 27 points.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    For those rewards I'm willing to do whatever fight is necessary to complete SOP. If we have to go up against the original champion boss than so be it.

The event wasn't limited to certain people. It was open to all people who satisfied the prerequisites. This is a progressional game, and in a progressional game you have to do stuff to progress.

It is literally no different than saying rewards should be given to everyone, not just the people who happen to defeat the content. The game doesn't discriminate based on who you are, but it does discriminate based on what you do. Kill the boss, get the point. Collect the points, get the reward. There just happens to be more steps before "kill the boss" one of them being "become Cavalier."
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    I’m done.

15 points milestone reached, I personally don’t see A NEED to go for more. 😃
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    I don’t want to read 19 pages and I’m still unclear from the intro

If I make it to #5 do I get the rewards from #1-4 as well or only the #5?
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Llessur said:

I don’t want to read 19 pages and I’m still unclear from the intro

If I make it to #5 do I get the rewards from #1-4 as well or only the #5?

These are Peak Milestone rewards, which exist in other parts of the game. You get the highest level you achieve by the end of the event. So if you reach milestone 5, you get the rewards for #5. Not the ones for 1 - 4.
  • JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    I don’t like week 7 fight. It is just bad and TB objective counter are extremely limited to solo. Can be done with one or two revive though. Revives should be a way to salvage your mistake not a way to play the game.
    It start to not depend on skills or strategy anymore. Dissatisfied with it.