**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Participants Dropping Like Flies

Comments

• JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 β˜…β˜…

Season 28 definitely going to be a huge issue if the bugs aren't fixed. Not talking about the parry/dex one, but the tactics not being selected, the attacker tactic in T1/T2 being completely useless and more of a bane than a boon, and champs not under the tag being affected by the defender tactics.

πŸ’―
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    MSRDLD said:

Same thing, OP.

And although they improved the rewards a bit, the dislike for this mode has reached unprecedented levels.

When my team received the news next Season is going to be more of the same there were sighs all around. Not one single person in my team is excited for AW anymore, and most of the players want nothing to do with it.

When it comes to recruiting, if you speak of AW, most prospects immediately back off.

It's a sad state for this mode. It's never dipped so low I think.

Participation may be at its lowest, but the mode itself has seen worse days. Were you around for Diversity Wars? Aka Spreadsheet wars? That was a wild, terrible time.
    Eh? Lol When have diversity wars not been a thing anymore?

G2 and my alli has always run 150 diversity. Spreadsheets? Yes. Monthly updated roster screenshots from members? Yes lol

I guess we got into such a habit of it. Plus tbh it's the only remotely fun and strategic part of AW for us. Seeing how members rank ups improved from a month to another and how the defense becomes stronger (not that it makes much of a difference, but geeky pleasures u know).

When it comes to placement tho, nothing to see there. It's always the same. Same as every opponent too.

But I really found this comment curious. Coz our opponenets also usually have pretty high diversity. I guess different tiers is a different story πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm not even in an alliance anymore and haven't been for awhile. I was given leadership of the first alliance I joined at about 5 or 6 months in. I led it for a year and I had 3 officers. I had one officer who was awesome and if I had shet going on and during my work hours he picked up the slack. Even if I was off for a few day, no prob. He's a leader of an alliance I want to join. But between the perry-dex situation and outdated rewards I just am not as excited to partake in his alliance though I want to because I miss playing with him. If the rewards were updated a little and the control issues were less severe I would. When I speak of rewards being updated I hope to see more 5 and 6* shards for all of gold and silver 1 and 2. Those are the ranks I think are the most outdated. I'm gonna try joining but I hope it doesn't cause me an mcoc burnout. Apparently a lot of players feel like I do. Sorry for the book, guys and gals. I just got typing and it was off to the races.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    walkerdog said:

I try not to do war in the off-season. There is no interest or incentive for me to do otherwise.

Depends where u at. We use it as practice to test out new stuff while also taking it fairly chill. All wins so far which is quite a good amount of 6* shards in total and loyalty which i always want more of
    The small amount of shards and loyalty isn't worth me tying up 8 of my champs. But I also don't have an expansive roster to have a dedicated war roster so it is more profitable for me to use my champs in content and event quests then waste them in war for little scraps.
    The more productive thing would be to do casual war with whatever champs u can spare even if its low ranked 4*. That does exist .
    If you are bringing in low rank 4 stars you are setting yourself up for a loss and still wouldn't be worth it to me. I enjoy war during season when there is decent end season rewards but casual war off season seems like a drag especially in the harder maps. I'm not going to bring in a 4 star to fight mix master korg for a hundred shards.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not only Alliance war but its hard to play regular content. To be honest I don’t feel like opening game anymore. Every day i am visiting Forums for some good news but i think we have wait more.
    Lets have some hope guys
    I personally hope for an overhaul or promise of an overhaul with specific date
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194 β˜…
    We do 1 BG "casual" (no item usage on attack unless they really want to), the other two BGs are AWD placement-only and can attack if they want to. Zero pressure. We just do it for the free Loyalty rewards. There's no expectation to win, and that being said, we've somehow won 8 of our last 10 AW's.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't play AW for a simple reason: It locks down my champs. My BEST champs, if I'm actually trying.

That cost is just way too high, and practically guarantees that I won't even do no-pressure "just for fun" wars.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    walkerdog said:

I don't play AW for a simple reason: It locks down my champs. My BEST champs, if I'm actually trying.

That cost is just way too high, and practically guarantees that I won't even do no-pressure "just for fun" wars.

But just for fun wars dont take your best champs. Its a healthy human mindset to be able to have fun while also not giving your all to that thing.
    There's an 'if' that I think you missed. This implies even having my 'not-best' champs tied up is enough 'unfun' to counter the 'fun' that AW produces. For me, anyways.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

walkerdog said:

But just for fun wars dont take your best champs. Its a healthy human mindset to be able to have fun while also not giving your all to that thing.
    There's an 'if' that I think you missed. This implies even having my 'not-best' champs tied up is enough 'unfun' to counter the 'fun' that AW produces. For me, anyways.
    If you don't want to participate in war, I'm the last person that would encourage you to change your mind, but I will say most players who've been playing for more than a few months have champs they would not miss in the slightest if placed as defenders or used on attack. No one needs their entire roster constantly. Or for some champs, at all really (except in the arena, but champs don't get locked out of the arena when used in other game modes).
    Aw is already gonna be delayed
    I’m sure no one will be mad if we postpone season 28 for a month or two and get a brand new AW with a major overhaul
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

walkerdog said:

If you don't want to participate in war, I'm the last person that would encourage you to change your mind, but I will say most players who've been playing for more than a few months have champs they would not miss in the slightest if placed as defenders or used on attack. No one needs their entire roster constantly. Or for some champs, at all really (except in the arena, but champs don't get locked out of the arena when used in other game modes).
    Sadly, this is only true for big roster accounts. Sure, if you've maxed out 5* and 6* copy of the best champions, you do both AW and questing. For regular Joe, that's not the case. I got only 1 BWCV, 1 HT, 1 Colossus, etc. I'm fortunate to have copies of Warlock and Magneto at a high rank, so I can use one in each game mode.

For most people, AW means questing with sub-par champions, as leadership demands you use your best. Frankly, that's an archaic form of gameplay.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

walkerdog said:

Sadly, this is only true for big roster accounts. Sure, if you've maxed out 5* and 6* copy of the best champions, you do both AW and questing. For regular Joe, that's not the case. I got only 1 BWCV, 1 HT, 1 Colossus, etc. I'm fortunate to have copies of Warlock and Magneto at a high rank, so I can use one in each game mode.

For most people, AW means questing with sub-par champions, as leadership demands you use your best. Frankly, that's an archaic form of gameplay.
    You'll get there eventually. Just work your way up to map 7 and your roster will change drastically in 3-4 months.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

walkerdog said:

If Leadership demands you use your best in AW, that's not the situation being discussed here. The situation being discussed was taking the third option. Instead of seeing war as a choice between going all out (or at least strongly competitive) and dropping out of the mode altogether, the third option is to participate at a casual level. Yes, you're going to lose, but eventually you will lose enough rating that the only alliances you'll be facing are equally casual ones, and you'll start winning. Even if you place silly 3* defenders and use 4* and unranked 5* champs on attack, eventually you'll start winning. You may fall all the way down to Silver 3, but that's still basically free rewards for zero stress and trivial effort. If your alliance buys into this, this is a legitimate way to treat alliance war for alliances that otherwise hate alliance war.

For this to happen, leadership has to buy into it of course. But it is more or less how I run my wars. We only fight in-season, and we try to win often enough to get into Gold 3. That just requires us to stay above tier 13, which are normal maps with only six paths and lots of backup, and alliances that are often fielding much less than 100% strength (last season we faced three separate alliances that placed fewer than 24 players worth of defenders total).

For the effort we put out, those Gold 3 rewards are not bad. No one has to spend if they don't want to, I don't dictate what people place on defense, dying on attack is no biggie, there's almost always help behind you if you mess up, and 50% of the time we don't even get the boss kill on all three maps. It is the only way I can run AW with my sanity intact.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

walkerdog said:

If Leadership demands you use your best in AW, that's not the situation being discussed here. The situation being discussed was taking the third option. Instead of seeing war as a choice between going all out (or at least strongly competitive) and dropping out of the mode altogether, the third option is to participate at a casual level. Yes, you're going to lose, but eventually you will lose enough rating that the only alliances you'll be facing are equally casual ones, and you'll start winning. Even if you place silly 3* defenders and use 4* and unranked 5* champs on attack, eventually you'll start winning. You may fall all the way down to Silver 3, but that's still basically free rewards for zero stress and trivial effort. If your alliance buys into this, this is a legitimate way to treat alliance war for alliances that otherwise hate alliance war.

For this to happen, leadership has to buy into it of course. But it is more or less how I run my wars. We only fight in-season, and we try to win often enough to get into Gold 3. That just requires us to stay above tier 13, which are normal maps with only six paths and lots of backup, and alliances that are often fielding much less than 100% strength (last season we faced three separate alliances that placed fewer than 24 players worth of defenders total).

For the effort we put out, those Gold 3 rewards are not bad. No one has to spend if they don't want to, I don't dictate what people place on defense, dying on attack is no biggie, there's almost always help behind you if you mess up, and 50% of the time we don't even get the boss kill on all three maps. It is the only way I can run AW with my sanity intact.
    There are plenty of alliances that go with item less wars. No pressure and you can still get pretty good prizes if your prestige is in 12k range or above. You're guaranteed at least gold 1. That was where my alliance was before we started using items.
    I really believe a nice overhaul can solve many problems related to AW and make this game so much more exciting
    I remember a time when AW was the most important content and people loved doing war
    But it went on without attending and we got here
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

walkerdog said:

They are only locked during the attack phase. We boss rush a lot of wars and champs are only locked for a few hours.
    I got happy when Kabam announced that season 28 is postponed
    I hope they are also working on the AW and it’s not just because of parry dex issues
  • Murfatlar2Murfatlar2 Posts: 22 β˜…
    Maltyo9 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that part of the issue goes back to the removal of linked nodes in both modes. That really encouraged both communication and joining promptly. Ever since then, we've seen these issues, especially with newer players that aren't accustomed to working in an organized alliance.

Not to mention players who were already under-participating can now do squat, and yet the alliance still finishes the map. Can create a scenario where 2-4 players who would (should) have been kicked a few months ago now stay around ad infinitum.

This is 100% true for almost all of my alliance members
    I don’t think if you remove the AW and AQ and the alliance aspects of the game, any of them continue playing mcoc
    So it will help the game if AW and AQ get more attention from Kabam since those are the main pillars of the friendships and team works
    J0eySn0w said:

I stayed on Line chat with my former alliance cos of relationships formed and they’re also struggling in getting people to participate in both AW and AQ. I strongly believe many players are still playing this game especially alliance related modes cos of friendships and addiction. The bugs (esp. parry) are crazy annoying and the compensation is even worse. Though some may find the compensation worthwhile others not so much like me. Besides the glory, the rest is sitting in overflow waiting to expire yet units are being spent as a result of these bugs. I remember the in-game msg suggesting being considerate regards the contents we play due to bugs, but alliance sucks (some of us are in retired alliances) and what’s left for us to really do in the game is story content and the like. If we hold off on those, what’s should motivate players in this situation to login? No wonder, the game is a chore for some having to login to not miss out on a chance for a reward.
    Hopefully this is just a setback, for the sake of those that have made huge sacrifices and expenditure in the name of this game.

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Maltyo9 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that part of the issue goes back to the removal of linked nodes in both modes. That really encouraged both communication and joining promptly. Ever since then, we've seen these issues, especially with newer players that aren't accustomed to working in an organized alliance.

Not to mention players who were already under-participating can now do squat, and yet the alliance still finishes the map. Can create a scenario where 2-4 players who would (should) have been kicked a few months ago now stay around ad infinitum.

I strongly disagree with u guys :)

The recent removal of links has been a blessing for my alli. AQ is a chore but ppl have since been much happier to take part, and even try a harder map. Being able to clear a whole lane in one go instead of waiting midway on someone else is a game changer. AW is already so hated so the less time we can spend on that, the better too.

If your officers don't know who the free riders and leechers are, I guess they are not really looking at the maps. If they know but are not doing anything about it, then it's up to the people who are bothered with the situation to move on and try a different, more active and better organized group.

As for the newer players? We've all been there. They got to learn things for themselves. It's never been easier being a new player in this game as it is. If someone is starting out in a bad alli, and they want to progress further, they will eventually seek a group that fits them.

We don't need a gazillion linked nodes, restricting our moves every two steaps to work as a team ;)