**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is venom the duck good?

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

Enough said

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Yeah he’s pretty good. He’s definitely better than average that’s all I know, since I don’t have him as anything above a 3 star.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    When I'm really really bored and have literally nothing else to do I'll take him for a spin through rol.. apart from that I don't use him, can be a fun incursions champ if you've got the patience to ramp him up
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    He is particularly great for AQ. He destroys lanes and keeps full health while doing it. Hes my lane clearer unless I'm doing a lane that needs an immunity. And destroys champs with armor up buffs.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    He’s a bit too RNG dependent but once ramped up he can be great
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Drenlin said:

He’s a bit too RNG dependent but once ramped up he can be great

Agree. If you get good buffs to bank, he's amazing. But sometimes I keep getting the armor up and perfect block buffs, which stinks. I mostly use mine in Incursions because he takes advantage of a lot of hacks.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    he’s too dependent on rng for my liking

his block prof also ain’t the greatest and nobody wants to save a perfect block buff or two to make it better
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

his block prof also ain’t the greatest and nobody wants to save a perfect block buff or two to make it better

Well there’s two fail safes here, the perfect block buff or regen buff. Technically both work to mitigate the block damage. So the rng to help that isn’t a 1/6 chance but rather 2/6.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    If you get lucky or are really patient he can do some work in incursions
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Well there’s two fail safes here, the perfect block buff or regen buff. Technically both work to mitigate the block damage. So the rng to help that isn’t a 1/6 chance but rather 2/6.
    still… while saving a regen buff is always handy I feel like the perfect block buff is a waste. And I wouldn’t save more than one regen, two max during a quest
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Regen,fury,or power gain otherwise skip the buff is the way I’ve used him in the past. If you get some RNG luck to start its nice to bank them with the heavy but too often I found I was waiting on them
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

still… while saving a regen buff is always handy I feel like the perfect block buff is a waste. And I wouldn’t save more than one regen, two max during a quest
    That 1 or 2 regen is more then enough to handle the little block damage. I say little because once a fight is in a cycle of throwing and baiting specials you shouldn’t take too much block damage.

My builds are always 2 regen, 3 pg, 3 fury, 2 precision. Anything more just dilutes the extra buffs anyways.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    He can be unreal in Incursions. He’s basically fun and an interesting champ.

Will leave this here—lots of questions about his frequency of RNG buffs.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/200049/venom-the-duck-a-study#latest

Dr. Zola
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    He’s awesome when he’s ramped up but he’s worse than MS to ramp up if you get unlucky with your buffs. If you had a bit more control I’d have mine at R3 not R2.