**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What would be YOUR ideal SoP fight

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

More fights like the SoP Mr Sinister but for all champions (by using Nodes), as is when using someone like Guardian who has that "Parrying a Special makes it all Perfect Parries, and gives you Power for each hit." Ability were rewarded for making Multiple Test Attempts to Learn the perfect timings of his Specials and ques from the AI if it was gonna react a certain way.
    If they could manage to make another SoP Fight like that but where All Champions could do it with maybe Different ways depending on the Champion Type, only requiring Patience and Average Skill, that'd be my Ideal SoP Fight. (Also no Passive Unavoidable Damage, just a fight you take as long as you want on and be rewarded for improving your Skills)

Any specific champ/nodes in mind? This is probably what most people want but it’s a ton harder to make then it looks.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Emma frost - DYB, armor break immune, safeguard, force of will, long distance relationship, tyranny.

That actually seems reasonable, but a generally hard fight. Venom, carnage, Moleman, Ultron, killmonger, morningstar, would be viable. Lots of sp1s to keep your power lower to avoid diamond form as much as possible, but that would be tough.
    Villainy would mean she doesn't gain power, thereby making her stay in diamond form all fight
    is there any champ that can get true strike in this situation? they can deal most damage in to her block. technically any champ could
    Corvus ignores resistance and ramped up aegon could as well. Other than that, not many that I can think of
    With safeguard corvus no missions would take a long time hitting the block. Not impossible but very long.
    literally all champs would take the same time due to safeguard. but corvus will take less due to her armour not affecting him
    1% safeguard means 100 hits minimum to defeat her. 100 hits into the block.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Emma frost - DYB, armor break immune, safeguard, force of will, long distance relationship, tyranny.

That actually seems reasonable, but a generally hard fight. Venom, carnage, Moleman, Ultron, killmonger, morningstar, would be viable. Lots of sp1s to keep your power lower to avoid diamond form as much as possible, but that would be tough.
    Villainy would mean she doesn't gain power, thereby making her stay in diamond form all fight
    Is there a good link for details on villainy? I pulled from here, and seems like power gain would not be an issue, but maybe it's wrong and I need a better source?

And actually it's supposed to be tyranny....

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

Is there a good link for details on villainy? I pulled from here, and seems like power gain would not be an issue, but maybe it's wrong and I need a better source?

they meant tyranny. the node that allows only villians to gain power
    walkerdog said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Jaded said:

is there any champ that can get true strike in this situation? they can deal most damage in to her block. technically any champ could
    Corvus ignores resistance and ramped up aegon could as well. Other than that, not many that I can think of
    With safeguard corvus no missions would take a long time hitting the block. Not impossible but very long.
    literally all champs would take the same time due to safeguard. but corvus will take less due to her armour not affecting him
    1% safeguard means 100 hits minimum to defeat her. 100 hits into the block.
    Need to stop AAR or domino and company can bypass that, or make the health pool so high it doesn't matter if/when they do bypass it.
    That’s force of will…
    I get it now... She's not a villain so she won't gain power, got it!

Yeah that wouldnt work because you can't bleed her in diamond form at all so how would damage be done?

Yeah that wouldnt work because you can't bleed her in diamond form at all so how would damage be done?

Through her block 😂
    Jaded said:

Through her block 😂
    Lol, I see that now. Thread updates are there after for me. A little delay 🥺
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Through her block 😂
    Actually would be an interesting fight, kind of like abyss masacre
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Rhino
    Heavy hitter
    Debuff immune
    Explosive personality
    +90% physical resistance
    Pinpoint (The attacker gains critical rating and critical damage rating as the fight goes on)

Ghost-able but meh
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The Grandmaster.
  • Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Posts: 221
    edited July 2021
    Rhino with unlockable finale, debuff immune, true focus and safe guard
  • Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Posts: 221
    Hyperion on 200% power gain with sp3 disabled.
    Debuff immune and fisticuffs level 3
    Encroaching stun
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    OG iron man
    • only 6* Groot can deal damage
    • 6* Groot deals +500% damage
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

OG iron man
    • only 6* Groot can deal damage
    • 6* Groot deals +500% damage

500% of nothing is still nothing. Hence it’s still impossible to win
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Limit the fight to using 3*'s ....
    this gives us something to use our 3*'s with ...
    (heck, we're using our 5* and 6*'s already for end game content, AQ, AW, etc ... so no worries, they'll get used) ..
    3*'s are reasonably plentiful ... and easy to rank up .. sooooo ..

you can easily setup a matchup that really only a small handful of champs can do, with not too much worry about TB or Cavs mostly having access to them ... (and probably maxed sig as well).

I'd also suggest going away from single fights, UNLESS those single fights were structured more like Nameless Thanos, or Grandmaster ..

As they are now ... it's better suited to gauntlet-style structure ...
    if all you're doing is slapping on nodes in different combinations ... you need more than 1 fight, for sure ;)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Try this.

Punisher 2099
    - Force Of Will
    - Safeguard
    - Kinetic Transference
    - True Strike
    - Powerful From Afar
    - Immune To Power Manipulation
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Rhino with unlockable finale, debuff immune, true focus and safe guard

Literally any champ just bank in the corner
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    CHAMPION:
    Elsa Bloodstone/Magik/Mephisto (not set on which champion as the defender, there are lots of good options for this)

NODES:
    Perforate
    Shifting Immunity (Bleed/Poison)
    Empowered Immunity
    Power Seal 2 (you can gain power beyond two bars, but cannot use your sp3)
    Do You Bleed?
    Perfect Blocker (I know this isn’t a node, but I’m trying to work around the DYB loophole. Attacks into block do 0 damage)

Optional:
    (Hard mode) Force of Will
    (Easy mode) Bleed Vulnerability

This fight is all about managing your bleed debuffs in relation to the shifting immunity. You want to apply them right as the poison immune phase starts up and have them drop off before it switches to bleed immunity, or else you’ll see a huge burst of power for the opponent as they become immune to the bleeds.

With the mystic Defenders above, I imagine this as a Blade fight. Power Seal 2 is there to actually help the attacker so that they aren’t worried about bypassing the big damage from the sp2 bleeds.

With Elsa, you would need to bring a mutant. But you want one where you have some control of the bleed application, such that you aren’t feeding her power for an unblockable sp2 whenever she’s in her bleed immune phase. And remember, you’re power sealed so you can’t fire off an sp3 to regain ground you gave up while backing up during her bleed immunity! This is probably the hardest defender option, but it has the least fun/interactive damage.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    A 3 million health Doom, who is debuff immune, has add'l power gain, Coward, and kinetic transference, with an objective that you have to solo him on your first try.

A 3 million health Doom, who is debuff immune, has add'l power gain, Coward, and kinetic transference, with an objective that you have to solo him on your first try.

Coward wholly undercuts the rest of what you’re trying to do here. It makes Doom completely unblockable all of the time. Kinetic transference will do nothing. It also means that every time you press block, he loses 1% of his health. So that big health pool also means nothing. The bulk of your damage will be coming from pressing block, not hitting into the opponent, the power gain is a non-issue.

Also, Quake.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    xNig said:

Try this.

Punisher 2099
    - Force Of Will
    - Safeguard
    - Kinetic Transference
    - True Strike
    - Powerful From Afar

Pertify doesn't count as power manipulation (works on sym), so void?
    Uvogin said:

xNig said:

Try this.

Punisher 2099
    - Force Of Will
    - Safeguard
    - Kinetic Transference
    - True Strike
    - Powerful From Afar

Pertify doesn't count as power manipulation (works on sym), so void?
    I didn’t know that worked, that’s great. That makes Mr. Fantastic a strong contender as well then.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Raichu626 said:

How could your fight even be won if DYB worked as you thought? Dunno if I'm missing something, but she'd never leave diamond form no matter what you did (due to staying at 0 power with tyranny) and you can't bleed her while in it.

Armor break champ that can bleed: venom, carnage .maybe i am missing other but there are options.

Edit: Sorry I just saw she is armor break immune. You are right
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Coward wholly undercuts the rest of what you’re trying to do here. It makes Doom completely unblockable all of the time. Kinetic transference will do nothing. It also means that every time you press block, he loses 1% of his health. So that big health pool also means nothing. The bulk of your damage will be coming from pressing block, not hitting into the opponent, the power gain is a non-issue.

Also, Quake.
    Quake is the champ for Cowards, just like Herc says.