**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 6* tech champ to R3? Cheerios

OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I know Ghost is one of the best r3 options, but I want to awaken her first

So, are there any good r3 options here, thanks!

Would like to hear some thoughts on this :)

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
    Ghost but Guardian is Great too
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    @pseudosane also unawakened?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I would go War Machine if you are waiting to awaken your Ghost
    @Varad18 have them both at r5 sig 200, really like them indeed
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Hulkbuster is a solid option. Howard is actually pretty good after his buff. I only did limited testing with War Machine but he seemed decent and had some nice pre-fights.

Honestly, I'd personally still go with Ghost unless you have a sig 200 5*R5.
  • Omedenn said:

@pseudosane also unawakened?

Yes. Awakened is nice to have but totally not needed. He hits hard and really benefits from the r3. Annoying defender at times too.
    @SpideyFunko doc oc crossed my mind as well
  • Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
    If you have them both R5 Go for Dr. Octopus then
    @TheLegend27 i do have her at r5 sig 200.

I am also doubting between the three you mentioned. Will be a hard choice :)
    @Hoitado war machine hits pretty decent after the buff. Just doubting if he can do more than hulkbuster or howard
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Hulkbuster I love my r3
    @Burrito2525 he is pretty solid indeed! It’s a tough choice
    @mysterio was my plan, but gotten mysef howard, hulkbuster and war machine on thé way
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Omedenn said:

@mysterio was my plan, but gotten mysef howard, hulkbuster and war machine on thé way

Sad fishbowl noises
    @TheManMythLegend eventually I know I ‘have’ to R3 ghost. Have a r5 sig200 and really need to practice as for now I am not that good with her yet.

Doc oc is indeed a valuable champ, fully agree
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    Since Doc Oct is awaken.. he would be awesome choice.. power control and heal block.. Ghost is solid choice even undupe has her uses.. Darkhawk needs sig200 (your two parts of the puzzle), Guardian (still needs to be awaken and sig200), Howard duck is good but I dunno anyone who likes mashing the block frequently.. Mysterio reflect damage is cool mechanic as long as he can survive the barrage.. being easily armor broken is a weakness thou.. it depends who you like plaing.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Omedenn said:

Guardian
    Even when Undupped he is a very Good rank 3 Option
    @psp742 thanks! :)

Howard has a pre fight which allows you not to smash that block button (luckily).

Darkhawk is now at sig 40 and can go to sig 165 - just don’t really know what he does best as I don’t have him as a 5 or 4 star

Ghost I really need to learn, gotten the 5 star last month and the six start two weeks later. Never played with her before this time
    @odishika123 use my r5 sig200 for almost everything. Really like the guy indeed!
  • not a fan of the unduped guardian version. If you did dupe him, r3 100% ( i have max sig r5 and r3)
    @pseudosane thanks! Always thought he needed to be awakened, but I am reading his awakened ability and it indeed doesn’t seem to be required for him to be good. (Hulkbuster)
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Since you have Guardian and Ghost awakened and maxed as 5*, I say go with Hulkbuster! He can do a lot unawakened. He’s also very fun to play.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d still do ghost or save it. I was going to suggest guardian but you already have a r5 5* so I don’t suggest ranking up guardian unless you awaken the 6*.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Omedenn said:

Guardian
    Even when Undupped he is a very Good rank 3 Option
    The GTP approve of this message.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    Since everyone's already giving you the obvious MVPs, I'll just note that both Doc Ock and Punisher 2099 are personal favorites of mine. Awakened Doc Ock has one of the best power control mechanics in the entire game, in my opinion. He's amazing for fights where the opponent gains power quickly (such as on 200% power gain nodes) because he power-locks them immediately and lets you control the fight from the get-go.

Punisher 2099, meanwhile, is the complete opposite. If the opponent has some sort of external power gain he loses a lot of what makes him good, but he completely shuts down the normal power gain that champs get from being struck. I wouldn't r3 him (and possibly not even r2 him) before the dupe, but he doesn't need the sig levels at all.

Should you r3 either of these ahead of Ghost if you know how to play her? No. Ahead of Guardian or Hulkbuster? Still probably not. But since you've already have them covered in the other replies here, I just wanted to throw those two champs into the conversation for the future. I'll personally be r3'ing my P2099 with my SOP rewards.