**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold Draught

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    jdrum663 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdrum663 said:

On my main account I have over 73 million in gold, on my mini about 3k! Lol I went to the t4 basic arena to get gold (on my mini) and was losing gold! I had never noticed this happening, everyone says do arena to get gold. I did some math and I was losing 200 per round if I won all three fights. I don't know if that's normal, if it was because I was in the t4 basic arena, or if it was a bug. I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify what's going on. My math could be wrong but I checked it when I didn't have enough gold to start a round. I always thought I gained gold from arena! I hope I'm wrong about this, thanks for reading!

It was because you were in the T4B arena. The entrance costs for that arena are higher than in the champion arenas, and unsuitable for grinding for gold. You want to grind the Trials, Basic, or Featured arenas, where the entrance costs in gold are lower than the gold you earn per round (the Trials and Basic entrance costs are 250 gold, and the Trials I believe has no cost). If you win all three fights you get something between 300 and 450 gold, depending on the rarity you use. I think the entrance costs for the T4B arena are 1000 gold or something like that, which means in the champion arenas you'd be gaining gold per round and in the T4B arena you'd be losing gold per round.
    Ok, thanks! I was hoping it was because I was in that particular arena. I appreciate the clarification.
    Also, you’re excluding the gold that the BCs give you ya?
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    xNig said:

jdrum663 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdrum663 said:

On my main account I have over 73 million in gold, on my mini about 3k! Lol I went to the t4 basic arena to get gold (on my mini) and was losing gold! I had never noticed this happening, everyone says do arena to get gold. I did some math and I was losing 200 per round if I won all three fights. I don't know if that's normal, if it was because I was in the t4 basic arena, or if it was a bug. I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify what's going on. My math could be wrong but I checked it when I didn't have enough gold to start a round. I always thought I gained gold from arena! I hope I'm wrong about this, thanks for reading!

It was because you were in the T4B arena. The entrance costs for that arena are higher than in the champion arenas, and unsuitable for grinding for gold. You want to grind the Trials, Basic, or Featured arenas, where the entrance costs in gold are lower than the gold you earn per round (the Trials and Basic entrance costs are 250 gold, and the Trials I believe has no cost). If you win all three fights you get something between 300 and 450 gold, depending on the rarity you use. I think the entrance costs for the T4B arena are 1000 gold or something like that, which means in the champion arenas you'd be gaining gold per round and in the T4B arena you'd be losing gold per round.
    Ok, thanks! I was hoping it was because I was in that particular arena. I appreciate the clarification.
    Also, you’re excluding the gold that the BCs give you ya?
    Yeah, I wasn't including the BC gold intentionally, maybe I should've said that before. Thanks!
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

Just waiting for the gold event in August

im really hoping there is one. has there been any confirmation at all if one is coming.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    There really isn’t any gold drought. There are golds everywhere, just need to work for it. arena, events, incursion are what nets the most golds especially arena as it’s infinite farming there plus added battlechips. The ISO is most always in arenas in those PHC shards and grandmaster shards. I do arena every day and I don’t have any gold and ISO drought. Even rank up materials is infinite for me because the amount I accumulate from the eventsAQ and from glory store is a lot.

I tried to understand what everyone meant by drought so decided to rank2 6* and then alternative to r5 5* and then back again to r2 a 6* no matter who they are, and I still have lots and it still keeps growing.

Do arena.
    Daddrieda said:

There really isn’t any gold drought. There are golds everywhere, just need to work for it. arena, events, incursion are what nets the most golds especially arena as it’s infinite farming there plus added battlechips. The ISO is most always in arenas in those PHC shards and grandmaster shards. I do arena every day and I don’t have any gold and ISO drought. Even rank up materials is infinite for me because the amount I accumulate from the eventsAQ and from glory store is a lot.

I tried to understand what everyone meant by drought so decided to rank2 6* and then alternative to r5 5* and then back again to r2 a 6* no matter who they are, and I still have lots and it still keeps growing.

Do arena.

Yup. Arena guarantees gold and ISO with milestones, BCs and shards.

Just doing a little will help the so-called “gold drought”.

I’ve been doing arenas for 4 years (at least), just clocking milestones and never grinding for any featured or basic champs. It’s 1-2 hours a night while watching television/Netflix etc before sleeping.

Never had a gold or ISO problem.

Interestingly, someone can disagree when hard proof is given to them.

So far I’ve not met an arena grinder who has a lack of gold or ISO.
    xNig said:

Me either. The issue is the working hours of people doesn’t fit with arena schedule. Mainly too tired to give away more time when 8-9hours or more is already given to the work. That’s the issue, from my perspective, with the gold drought not being “enough” because we already invest lots of time at work so no point investing more time in arena.
    Daddrieda said:

xNig said:

Me either. The issue is the working hours of people doesn’t fit with arena schedule. Mainly too tired to give away more time when 8-9hours or more is already given to the work. That’s the issue, from my perspective, with the gold drought not being “enough” because we already invest lots of time at work so no point investing more time in arena.
    That’s true.. but if people don’t wanna put in time and effort to grind for a resource, then they can just outright buy it with the money earned from work right?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Everyone goes some drought at one point in time. It’s fine, soon enough you’ll have lots of gold, but the price for that will be ISO.

A small price to pay for salvation

True that
    18m
    Gold
    0 Iso how it happens dumbfounds me
    Honestly though, how the heck did you get 18 million gold? For me, 1 million gold is a lot and the highest I’ve reached was 3 million. As for ISO I’m always on shortage but that’s a different story
    I've never been low on gold since the very first ever (and the only good) gold realm. I can't remember the last time I was below 20 million. I'm at 29 million gold now. I only do a little arena and haven't done incursions in over 6 months. I also sell ISO constantly. I've never understood the gold shortage problem. My biggest resource issue is I don't get T2 alphas fast enough to keep up with the T5 basics.
    Where do you get your ISO?

Everyone goes some drought at one point in time. It’s fine, soon enough you’ll have lots of gold, but the price for that will be ISO.

True that
    18m
    Gold
    Honestly though, how the heck did you get 18 million gold? For me, 1 million gold is a lot and the highest I’ve reached was 3 million. As for ISO I’m always on shortage but that’s a different story
    I've never been low on gold since the very first ever (and the only good) gold realm. I can't remember the last time I was below 20 million. I'm at 29 million gold now. I only do a little arena and haven't done incursions in over 6 months. I also sell ISO constantly. I've never understood the gold shortage problem. My biggest resource issue is I don't get T2 alphas fast enough to keep up with the T5 basics.
    From arena PHC/Grandmaster shards and from monthly events. Even the lower difficulty that gives shards is helpful as it will accumulate to higher level shards.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I generally stay quiet when I see these posts, but I'm bored today.

There's not a gold shortage...

There's not an ISO shortage...

And it's not for lack of rank ups...

Don't be above grinding. Arenas give tons of opportunity for gold, battle chips, and crystal fragments that can be opened for dupe ISO.

Complete even the normal difficulty EQ during class combat events. You can let the game autofight, but achieve those milestones to give gold crystals.

And lastly, manage your rank ups. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but at Cavalier or Thronebreaker, possibly even Uncollected, there's absolutely no reason to rank up 4 stars unless it's for a specific event requiring them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

I generally stay quiet when I see these posts, but I'm bored today.

There's not a gold shortage...

There's not an ISO shortage...

And it's not for lack of rank ups...

Don't be above grinding. Arenas give tons of opportunity for gold, battle chips, and crystal fragments that can be opened for dupe ISO.

Complete even the normal difficulty EQ during class combat events. You can let the game autofight, but achieve those milestones to give gold crystals.

And lastly, manage your rank ups. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but at Cavalier or Thronebreaker, possibly even Uncollected, there's absolutely no reason to rank up 4 stars unless it's for a specific event requiring them.

I Rank 4*s still. Level-Up, Sigil Milestones, depending on what I'm working on. I Rank everything now and then.
    @GroundedWisdom I do too, but only to r2 (I won't invest t1a, another resource people complain about shortages of), and only during level up events to get something back in return.

But I guess the most important aspect of that though, is that I have the resources to spare.

If someone is Cavalier, and taking 4* champs to high ranks, then they shouldn't complain about shortages, cause the problem is actually resource management, not resource shortages.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

True that
    18m
    Gold
    From duping champs mostly. If you are in an active alliance and run the events you get plenty of shards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@GroundedWisdom I do too, but only to r2 (I won't invest t1a, another resource people complain about shortages of), and only during level up events to get something back in return.

But I guess the most important aspect of that though, is that I have the resources to spare.

If someone is Cavalier, and taking 4* champs to high ranks, then they shouldn't complain about shortages, cause the problem is actually resource management, not resource shortages.

I was simply pointing out that I'm Cav and I Rank everything, and still have Resources. It's completely resource management.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    @mgj0630 how much do you spend on cavs?
    Just for perspective.

Btw I found you Jack! Lol(Just because you put so much effort to hide your identity but missed)

Your stats shows you are not a heavy grinder but must have been persistent through years with the arena milestones all the past years. And tbh you have a nice and juicy roster, big enough to clear arena faster than a player who started the game long after you... Also I guess not paying millions of gold for map6/7 must have helped for the gold you have raked up.

And I'm not complaining about gold shortage tho.
    I have 20 million hoarded up in gold crystals, it's a great backup. I used to do arenas regularly but cant anymore, I'm trying to get atleast basic arena milestones here and there if I can.
    I have 3M right now.
    I went short on gold couple weeks ago, opened 100 UC gold crystals, got ~2M. Enough to sustain my rankups.

@mgj0630 how much do you spend on cavs?
    Just for perspective.

Btw I found you Jack! Lol(Just because you put so much effort to hide your identity but missed)

Your stats shows you are not a heavy grinder but must have been persistent through years with the arena milestones all the past years. And tbh you have a nice and juicy roster, big enough to clear arena faster than a player who started the game long after you... Also I guess not paying millions of gold for map6/7 must have helped for the gold you have raked up.

And I'm not complaining about gold shortage tho.
    I have 20 million hoarded up in gold crystals, it's a great backup. I used to do arenas regularly but cant anymore, I'm trying to get atleast basic arena milestones here and there if I can.
    I have 3M right now.
    I went short on gold couple weeks ago, opened 100 UC gold crystals, got ~2M. Enough to sustain my rankups.

LMAO! Yeah, I'm not surprised I missed something. Honestly, I don't know why I even tried to hide it. Obviously not embarrassed by my roster.

To your questions though, when i first hit Cav, I did get carried away. My spending has slowed down significantly though. Sigil, monthly unit deal, July 4th, Black Friday, then occasionally when there's a champ I really want, I'll get myself like 20 Cavs. Hercules is the first time for that in a while though.

And yes, our alliance is laid back. Maps 5/4/3, so no investment to run it.

Fair holes to poke, and kudos for doing it, but I honestly think my point still stands. The resources are out there, just have to be willing to do the tedious grinding that goes with it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    xNig said:

Daddrieda said:

xNig said:

That’s true.. but if people don’t wanna put in time and effort to grind for a resource, then they can just outright buy it with the money earned from work right?
    There have been times in the past where I took a break from arena grinding. Especially when traveling on vacation, my activities and schedule would sometimes make grinding cumbersome. At times like that, I tended to buy more crystals. In effect, at the same time I was spending cash to fund my vacation in the real world, I would also be spending cash to fund my vacation from grinding in the arena.

I don't really do that any more, I just take breaks. But I have spent cash in the game interchangeably with grinding time in the game in the past. Not exactly to directly replace what I was losing through inactivity, but more replacing the activity with something else that took less of my time.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    You can grind arena for gold or if you need gold quickly, do some incursion
  • King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58
    Interesting. I haven't been able to get my gold below 40 million since at least January. Maybe it's because I'm selective in my rank-ups. I've only R2'd 2 6 stars so far, but I've been R5ing 5*s a bunch.
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Daddrieda said:

xNig said:

There have been times in the past where I took a break from arena grinding. Especially when traveling on vacation, my activities and schedule would sometimes make grinding cumbersome. At times like that, I tended to buy more crystals. In effect, at the same time I was spending cash to fund my vacation in the real world, I would also be spending cash to fund my vacation from grinding in the arena.

I don't really do that any more, I just take breaks. But I have spent cash in the game interchangeably with grinding time in the game in the past. Not exactly to directly replace what I was losing through inactivity, but more replacing the activity with something else that took less of my time.
    I do take breaks from arena once in a while when I feel a little burnt out as well, or when I’m on vacation.

But since it’s pretty much a regular schedule for me, I just catch a movie at night or watch 2-3 episodes of something on Netflix, while playing arena. It’s not something that needs to spend attention on (except the once in awhile IMIW or KP etc matchup).
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    xNig said:

I am that guy! Though in my case is definitely my own fault. In actually managed to stop down to 5k gold last week. The main reason for this is that I R3 2 6*, maxed a 5*, 4* and made a whole host of 2 and 3* rank upsabd buying a load of AQ tickets.
    The point I wanted to make however is that inside 2 days I’m back over 300k, despite having made another 3* rank up, and I still have my gold crystals stashed for a gold boost. My only concern is what will happen when we can R4 champs because ISO really will be a concern IMO.

For reference I usually hit all 6* milestones, most 5* and ~1m trials.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Mauled said:

xNig said:

I am that guy! Though in my case is definitely my own fault. In actually managed to stop down to 5k gold last week. The main reason for this is that I R3 2 6*, maxed a 5*, 4* and made a whole host of 2 and 3* rank upsabd buying a load of AQ tickets.
    The point I wanted to make however is that inside 2 days I’m back over 300k, despite having made another 3* rank up, and I still have my gold crystals stashed for a gold boost. My only concern is what will happen when we can R4 champs because ISO really will be a concern IMO.

I thought you said you were the one who disagreed with everyone lol
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

xNig said:

I thought you said you were the one who disagreed with everyone lol
    My point is actually about just how much gold is actually available. I spent near 3-4min 2 weeks and am already healthy again
    Haha I agree with you.

Just regular arena grinding will make someone better positive in gold.

Couple of months back I posted a screenshot of having 90m gold. Currently I have 135m and it seems impossible to finish spending, and I spend 1+m buying AQ tickets every cycle, on top of ranking all my 6*s, 5*s to R3s and 4*s to R3 at the minimum. During that period, I also took another 6-7 champs to R3.