**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Max glory cap needs to be increased

Dill_pickle_10Dill_pickle_10 Posts: 15
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
We’ve received our fourth glory compensation in the last few weeks, and at this point I’m quite frustrated. I’ve been at max glory for ages now, and other than the t5cc frags crystal, there’s nothing really good to spend it on. I think the max glory cap should be 25 or 30k instead of 15k . Either that or stop giving us glory as compensation along with those useless map 6 and 7 crystals
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I agree. I’ve almost always been at max glory and I’m currently waiting for the t5cc to reset in the glory store. I’d be nice if they increased it to 30k but I’d still be happy with 20-25k.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Personally I’m grateful for the compensation, thanks Kabam. Max amount works fine for me and if stuff expires / there is nothing to spend glory on, then I guess I didn’t need it, so that’s all good too.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Kabam are nailing the compensation tbh. Just spend it fml.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

We’ve received our fourth glory compensation in the last few weeks, and at this point I’m quite frustrated. I’ve been at max glory for ages now, and other than the t5cc frags crystal, there’s nothing really good to spend it on. I think the max glory cap should be 25 or 30k instead of 15k . Either that or stop giving us glory as compensation along with those useless map 6 and 7 crystals

If you are only buying t5cc frag crystals, all you need is 1500 glory per week. What will you do even with the increased cap? Instead of asking them to not give any glory, you can just let it expire.
  • Dill_pickle_10Dill_pickle_10 Posts: 15
    I get my t5b and t2a from side quests and story, I haven’t had any problems with those in months
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Why not stock up on T4C? Seem like many ppl are short in T4C due to 5* and 6* rank up/
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I have too much glory, yes, in the last 8 days or so I’ve got over 15k of it, but you have to keep in mind all this additional glory is still glory you weren’t getting before, and even if you’re buying more expensive tiers of an item, it’s still more of that item that you wouldn’t have got without the additional glory
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    I like it being glory but I would like some more inconsequential things added to the store. Like t3 and t2b nothing major but stops me grinding those quests for basic resources for carina challenge rank ups and what not. Being in the store when I want it it's there when I don't, then no need to use my glory on it.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Reducing the cooling off period from 10 days to 7 would certainly help. That being said, there’s always something on there to buy, so it’s not really a problem.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I agree with a lot of the rejoinders but I don't see the point in the cap. It's a currency. Loyalty, gold, etc don't have caps.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I agree with a lot of the rejoinders but I don't see the point in the cap. It's a currency. Loyalty, gold, etc don't have caps.

Glory was explicitly invented to replace baskets of AQ rewards with more player agency. Instead of the game handing you a specific set of crystals for AQ, the game now gives you glory to use to buy those crystals instead so players have more choice. But it was never intended for players to be able to stockpile glory indefinitely, the intent was for players to use it to choose rewards rather than have the game choose for them.

Plus, there's no rule that says currencies aren't supposed to have a cap. It depends on how the currency is intended to be used.

The point to caps is always the same: to limit how much a player can stockpile something. Two reasons. First, many players are hoarders. They instinctively try to hold onto as much stuff as possible. This can hurt their progress. It is their choice, but the game operators still have to deal with the reality that players could stockpile resources then complain about the fact they don't get enough stuff and stop playing. Inventory caps force players to make decisions even if they would rather not.

And second, stockpiling resources can make balancing the game economy difficult. If you allow players to stockpile resources indefinitely, you eventually have to deal with the problems that come from economy rebalancing. Think about all the players who save gold crystals for 20% boosts. I do that. For me, those crystals have more value than for most players, because I'm going to get more gold out of them. In the case of gold that is less of an issue, but there are resources that can be worth more if players are allowed to manipulate when they spend them in an unlimited manner.

Basically, you want players making spending decisions constantly, and you don't want hidden reserves of resources to suddenly pop out of the woodwork when you make game economy changes.