**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.1.5 Crossbones help

Guys i know it’s been nerfed but I’ve just got here now and still find crossbones difficult cos his non stop healing. What champ do u guys fond best counters him?
Also i can rank 5 one of these 5* or rank 2 a 6*

Comments

• ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 260 ★★
    Because of this global node I can’t get a sp3 off for guilly, so i would need to get a 100 hit combo before really doing any damage vs crossbones I think
    Decided to rank 5 guilly 😬
  • tklmctklmc Posts: 54
    you can easily beat him with a r5 omega, because of the node you will bleed along the fight so u can stack 30 spores on him very easy, also parry doesnt fail with that spores so u can use heavies very comfortable
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    tklmc said:

you can easily beat him with a r5 omega, because of the node you will bleed along the fight so u can stack 30 spores on him very easy, also parry doesnt fail with that spores so u can use heavies very comfortable

Your wrong they took out the biohazard it's just a 30 poison
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    I did it back in the day with a 5 r4 iceman just very long and I assume your first time so your going way left to take off the bane.. Because that makes the fight 7x harder.. any poison immune can do it with solid damage you can probably do it with sentinel if your good at dodge to ramp up his charges for damage
  • Shaqatac said:

Guilly should do the job. Just make sure you’re baiting the sp1 and frankly I wouldn’t really concern yourself too much with your own specials just keep the combo going
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    If you want burst damage, I would work on ranking up BWDO. If you can manage to get to SP2, then you'll take off 25% of his health.

If you want burst damage, I would work on ranking up BWDO. If you can manage to get to SP2, then you'll take off 25% of his health.

Damn that sounds crazy, but too hard for me to get to sp2 sometimes i think
    Mauled said:

Shaqatac said:

Guilly should do the job. Just make sure you’re baiting the sp1 and frankly I wouldn’t really concern yourself too much with your own specials just keep the combo going
    Thanks I’m sure i can do it, i just need to focus
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    @Shaqatac here's the strategy you can use. The 2 paths that can separately remove the links have some Regen fights associated with them. I've taken out xbones with Guilly and the force of will link was what I removed instead of bane. The reason why is because I had already completed 6.1 in the past and used Ghost for the fight. I did not have Guilly then, and I used Ghost with suicides with the bane link was what I removed at that time. The reason I went for force of will instead is because I didn't want to waste energy on an already done path, and I had a plan in mind.

On the path by the right that removes force of will, there is an immortal iron fist with aggression Regen. Listen carefully: put on her assault function (power burn), and approach this way- play the fight as normal at first, and make sure you get to 100 hits. You can do so by allowing him to heal from aggression Regen at certain points in the fight. At 100 hits, do this:

4 hits-hold block until you push him to an SP 3. When he's at 3 bars, do normal 5 hit combos. With your assault function, he'll not be able to stay at 3 bars, and you can spam express power gain from the node through a certain strategy that Guilly and Doom can do. You can throw off your SP 3 even at about 10% of his health because it does a great amount of damage at it's base, and to avoid him draining your power with the global by throwing his special. I used other Champs to clear the rest of the path and was able to easily solo crossbones. It's honestly a joke of a fight with a Guilly at 100 hits.
    Nevertheless, you can use a similar strategy on the path that removes bane. There's some crazy Regen there as well.

Good luck!
    Thanks for that I’ll try all these tactics and see if any of them work for me
    Thanks for the help i got cavalier now, maybe i need to look at variants now
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

G2099 ramped up should work
    Mysterio also could work, but it will be a long fight

Working on solutions for someone with a smaller account...have you tried Mysterio?

Also: what about using R5 Stark with the Nick/DPX synergy and trying to outdamage the regen?

Does fate seal and quitting out still work? My first run loooong ago was with 6* Cage and GR doing the heavy lifting. Wasn’t pretty but it was all I had (that was when the node was Biohazard).

Any ideas appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    From your roster, the best counter you have against that Crossbones is Sentinel. Ramp up his analysis charges and then spam sp1, even when he blocking. Sentinel's heal block will work even through block so you'll keep the vigor regen at bay. It'll be a long fight but it'll work.

G2099 and Mysterio could also work but I think Sentinel is a much more straightforward option.
    DrZola said:

G2099 ramped up should work
    Mysterio also could work, but it will be a long fight

Working on solutions for someone with a smaller account...have you tried Mysterio?

Also: what about using R5 Stark with the Nick/DPX synergy and trying to outdamage the regen?

Does fate seal and quitting out still work? My first run loooong ago was with 6* Cage and GR doing the heavy lifting. Wasn’t pretty but it was all I had (that was when the node was Biohazard).

Any ideas appreciated.

Dr. Zola
    I tried rank 4 mysterio and didn’t work at all, guilly 2099 worked at rank 5.

Not sure about stark spidey cos needs to be poison immune?

Warlock is best champ for it imo
    @Kill_Grey

Working on this with someone who has a much smaller account than I do—Mysterio is an option for him, and he now has G2099, who will likely be R3-4.

How exactly does the G2099 fight with IIF work? I don’t have her above 4* and have never used her, but she seems like the easiest route to get past CB for him. Mysterio can probably do some work, but if CB turtles then it may be tough to apply his fourth L attack to refresh heal block.

Specifically, when you have her in Assault/power burn and are above 100 hits, what does holding block do? The higher the opponent power bar, the more damage she does with M attacks, but is there a specific reason to drive the opp to three bars?

I realize these may sound dumb—she’s just not a champ I have in any specific rarity and I usually bulldoze her with a cosmic when she’s in quests and pay zero attention to her.

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

@Kill_Grey

Working on this with someone who has a much smaller account than I do—Mysterio is an option for him, and he now has G2099, who will likely be R3-4.

How exactly does the G2099 fight with IIF work? I don’t have her above 4* and have never used her, but she seems like the easiest route to get past CB for him. Mysterio can probably do some work, but if CB turtles then it may be tough to apply his fourth L attack to refresh heal block.

Specifically, when you have her in Assault/power burn and are above 100 hits, what does holding block do? The higher the opponent power bar, the more damage she does with M attacks, but is there a specific reason to drive the opp to three bars?

I realize these may sound dumb—she’s just not a champ I have in any specific rarity and I usually bulldoze her with a cosmic when she’s in quests and pay zero attention to her.

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola

@DrZola

The principle of the immortal iron fist fight is to bank her combo. The reason why it's doable against him is because he has aggression Regen. If he didn't have that, his health is too low for a rank 5 G99 to get to 100 combo in-fight. The other parts (eg turtling) is to be able to get to SP 3 against the global node (power struggle). You're holding block so as for him to not throw his specials. The power burn prefight is there so that he doesn't get pushed to SP 3 and throw it. But yeah, it's practical when you actually get to 100 combo in the fight, which you might have to do by letting him regen at intervals.
    Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

@Kill_Grey

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola

@DrZola

The principle of the immortal iron fist fight is to bank her combo. The reason why it's doable against him is because he has aggression Regen. If he didn't have that, his health is too low for a rank 5 G99 to get to 100 combo in-fight. The other parts (eg turtling) is to be able to get to SP 3 against the global node (power struggle). You're holding block so as for him to not throw his specials. The power burn prefight is there so that he doesn't get pushed to SP 3 and throw it. But yeah, it's practical when you actually get to 100 combo in the fight, which you might have to do by letting him regen at intervals.
    Excellent. Fight has to end with Sp3, right?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

@Kill_Grey

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola

@DrZola

Dr. Zola
    Yes
    Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

@Kill_Grey

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola

@DrZola

Dr. Zola
    Yes
    All good. Thanks for the help. In the end, he wound up not being able to get G2099 to 100 combo and Sp3 because of Power Struggle. But... Mysterio worked like a charm.

Appreciate it!

Dr. Zola
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Shaqatac said:

Guys i know it’s been nerfed but I’ve just got here now and still find crossbones difficult cos his non stop healing. What champ do u guys fond best counters him?

I've done it with OR.

https://youtu.be/ZFj7_35xGT4
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Shaqatac said:

I've done it with OR.

https://youtu.be/ZFj7_35xGT4
    But to be fair, that's got to be a 5/65 maxed OR with high sig, max boosts, and maybe even synergies
    OR can definitely do it. My challenge was to find a counter based on my friend’s roster. He’s partial to Spiderverse champs, and while he has OR, he’s 1/1 and unawakened.

Mysterio at R5 with boosts handled it in about 230 hits. Took block damage from a couple of Sp2’s but soloed it by keeping 3 Chem Gas up at all times (only takes 3X MM combos) and then every 4th light attack refreshes the heal block. With 3 Chem Gas up, heavy heal block lasts 7 seconds each time. Plus, because the heal block is passive, CB cannot shrug it.

Dr. Zola
  • YhtomitosYhtomitos Posts: 1
    I have seen someone do it with Dormammu but you have to time the sp1s while having 100 dark energy charges and when its close to the 25% regen and armor
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I think the healing is not really overwhelming tbh. Maybe because his health is a lot. But if you want a counter I think Warlock, Guilly 2099, Mysterio would works just fine. I used Mysterio and Medusa.
This discussion has been closed.