**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unpopular Opinions

2»

Comments

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

My unpopular opinion (well, the only one I can think of at the moment that doesn't trigger a war) is that 5.3 was actually not that bad. I just recently explored it, and found it kind of fun, save for a few fights.

Dunno man. I’m really struggling on it. It’s probably because of my skill, but there’s a lot of challenging counters throughout the chapter. I guess it gets easier overtime, once you’ve mastered everything
    Honestly, my skill is pretty pathetic. I would say avoid the paths with additional nodes for your initial clear. Also it's not necessary that you bring in the champ of the right class, if you have better champs in another class, use them instead. The fights would just be a bit longer.
    Don't wanna derail the thread, so if you're struggling, you can create another thread and we can help you out.
  • ThatOneSaviourThatOneSaviour Posts: 76

My unpopular opinion (well, the only one I can think of at the moment that doesn't trigger a war) is that 5.3 was actually not that bad. I just recently explored it, and found it kind of fun, save for a few fights.

Dunno man. I’m really struggling on it. It’s probably because of my skill, but there’s a lot of challenging counters throughout the chapter. I guess it gets easier overtime, once you’ve mastered everything
    Honestly, my skill is pretty pathetic. I would say avoid the paths with additional nodes for your initial clear. Also it's not necessary that you bring in the champ of the right class, if you have better champs in another class, use them instead. The fights would just be a bit longer.
    Don't wanna derail the thread, so if you're struggling, you can create another thread and we can help you out.
    Thanks man. :)

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion. I guess we'll see.

I find the monthly event quest more fun than most story content in the game I've done. I think that Kabam has mostly nailed Cav difficulty there, keeping it equal parts challenging and fun in a way that almost no other content in the game is. I really hope that they learn from the constant tweaking of that difficulty when designing new story content.

(To be fair, I have really enjoyed both Act 7 and the latest two or so Variants, so it's not like Cav difficulty is the only good content in the game. But I still really like what they are doing there and hope that any lessons learned there fuel the design of future challenges.)
    Stebo_79 said:

The world would be quite boring if we all had the same opinions.

Here's my unpopular opinion...

I like seatin's tier lists.

There, I've said it.

Watch out bro.. some people are going to attack you for your opinion 😬

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Stebo_79 said:

There, I've said it.

Wait that’s unpopular??? I actually agree with 80% + of that stuff, and whatever I don’t is just slightly apart from what I would rate it

Stebo_79 said:

There, I've said it.

Wait that’s unpopular??? I actually agree with 80% + of that stuff, and whatever I don’t is just slightly apart from what I would rate it
    It’s very unpopular, a lot of people dislike Seatin because of his tier lists.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Ercarret said:

I find the monthly event quest more fun than most story content in the game I've done. I think that Kabam has mostly nailed Cav difficulty there, keeping it equal parts challenging and fun in a way that almost no other content in the game is. I really hope that they learn from the constant tweaking of that difficulty when designing new story content.

(To be fair, I have really enjoyed both Act 7 and the latest two or so Variants, so it's not like Cav difficulty is the only good content in the game. But I still really like what they are doing there and hope that any lessons learned there fuel the design of future challenges.)

I would honestly have to go the opposite direction. In the past week, I completed 6.4.6, and I had a lot of fun doing so. (I guess that might be another unpopular opinion) At the same time right now, I can’t get myself to explore the eq because after doing cav for a bit, it sometimes gets kind of monotonous. All of the enemies are pretty much the same aside form the bosses. Always got to look out for where they place an air walker or ebony maw etc so I can bring a counter. The many different paths also get kind of boring, especially when it comes to the last and second last quests which I believe have 7 and 6 paths per? Just gets a little boring. Will I ever explore cav again? Yes almost definitely, but I’m taking a break right now
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

We already have plenty of these threads. Same title as welll.

Do a quick search before adding another one

Than u will come on that thread to say "dont revive old threads".
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Stebo_79 said:

There, I've said it.

It’s very unpopular, a lot of people dislike Seatin because of his tier lists.
    Oh. He’s doing pretty well with 300k subscribers for a person with a lot of people who dislike him lol.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Unpopular Opinion:

Summer of Pain has a good level of challenge for late game players.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost 7th best mutant.

I’m joking.

Or am I?
    SlumpGod said:

Unpopular Opinion:

Summer of Pain has a good level of challenge for late game players.

Yeah, I agree, but I think more of the backlash is cuz it’s not what it was advertised.
    IG but it was also advertised to come out a year ago. Would’ve been a ton harder a year ago.

Emma Frost 7th best mutant.

I’m joking.

Or am I?

You are
    Maybe?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Well, if a dumpster fire is what you want...

Unpopular opinion: you shouldn't be able to enter Act 6 before you're level 60 and explored Act 4.

I'm not arguing, but I would like to know why you think this should happen? @Colonaut123
    Well @DawsMan, people really rush through content, so the rewards get devalued pretty fast. There are so many good champions that people can plough through content without learning necessary skills. Kabam needs to artificially slow-down to avoid the devaluation.

If I was CEO:
    Want to start Act 3? First explore Act 1.
    Want to start Act 4? First explore Act 2.
    Want to start Act 5? First explore Act 3.
    Want to start Act 6? First explore Act 4 and be level 60.
    Want to start Act 7? First explore Act 5.

It's pretty simple really.
    My Unpopular Opinion:

No champion is actually overrated. They are admired and acknowledged because of their play style. Like, say for example, a lot of people adore people like Ghost, Quake, and Doctor Doom but it doesn’t mean they’re overrated. Sure, some people can get a bit crazy at some points, but it’s only a small amount.

Pizza is over rated.

i hate pizza no cap 👻
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

I would honestly have to go the opposite direction. In the past week, I completed 6.4.6, and I had a lot of fun doing so. (I guess that might be another unpopular opinion) At the same time right now, I can’t get myself to explore the eq because after doing cav for a bit, it sometimes gets kind of monotonous. All of the enemies are pretty much the same aside form the bosses. Always got to look out for where they place an air walker or ebony maw etc so I can bring a counter. The many different paths also get kind of boring, especially when it comes to the last and second last quests which I believe have 7 and 6 paths per? Just gets a little boring. Will I ever explore cav again? Yes almost definitely, but I’m taking a break right now
    I agree with you regarding the structure of the EQ. Exploring seven lanes gets pretty boring, especially if you do several difficulties. I wouldn't mind if they changed that.

However, I'm talking about the nodes themselves. I find the whole "One class gets boosted each quest by doing certain things" design really satisfying. Kabam hasn't always nailed it (we all remember the heal blockapocalypse from a month or so ago), but more often than not I've really enjoyed the reward I've gotten for using champions that counter the nodes as intended.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Doctor strange has always been overhyped even during the period where he was getting all the new synergies being used in content to show solid results and being available to obtain as a 5 and a 6 star