**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Cavalier crystals refund??!!

Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
Thank u kabam for the nexus crystals but it was a little sneaky how u put the old cav crystals in. I’m a cav player and I totally waisted 50$ on those crystals. I know part of this is my fault for not reading it, but u guys updated cav crystals. That means the old cavalier crystals should never be seen again. It’s like putting the 2019 February update into the 2021 September update. Please give people a refund of those crystals.

Comments

• Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    20 of my alliance members bought this deal, and with all of them combined, there was 1 6* pulled, and 6 5* pulled. It was pretty sad
    I am sure there we’re people who were really lucky, but there are always those kind of people. The majority of us were not that lucky and 5 old cav crystals does not give cavalier players a good chance of pulling anything good
    Kabam, can u please reply to at least one of the 100s of complaints about this
  • It is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited August 2021
    GarrettN said:

It is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday

What holiday is tomorrow…?
    I think it is Civic Day
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry but I'm finding it hard to believe the only reason people bought them was for the Cavs.
    GarrettN said:

Civic Holiday. Each Province calls it something different. Mandatory statutory. Lol.
    Lpoo said:

I'm sorry but I'm finding it hard to believe the only reason people bought them was for the Cavs.

I was on the fence, but nexus cavs made me buy it.
    Well sure, but that's not the entirety of the Offer. It's a Daily Shards Card.
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

Civic Holiday. Each Province calls it something different. Mandatory statutory. Lol.
    Ah ok gotcha. I’m not Canadian so that’s why it didn’t show up on my calendar. That’s great for them though!
    Yes. Apparently our workers must have at least one holiday a month. If there isn't one, they make one. Hence the Civic Holiday. Lol.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

It was the selling point for me to be honest. The probability of getting at least one six star from them (assuming it is the current drop rates and not the old drops these crystals had) is pretty darn good, so I figured that three six stars for fifty bucks is a great deal—the fact that I have a bit of a gambling problem also played into my decision tbh.

It was the selling point for me to be honest. The probability of getting at least one six star from them (assuming it is the current drop rates and not the old drops these crystals had) is pretty darn good, so I figured that three six stars for fifty bucks is a great deal—the fact that I have a bit of a gambling problem also played into my decision tbh.
    Whether it's 1%, or 3%, it's still low. I have the worst luck when it comes to Cavs myself. Only pulled one I believe. Void, mind you.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Whether it's 1%, or 3%, it's still low. I have the worst luck when it comes to Cavs myself. Only pulled one I believe. Void, mind you.
    You are aware that the difference between 1% and 3% is a 300% difference, right? You’re talking about triple the drop rates.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Cap45 said:

20 of my alliance members bought this deal, and with all of them combined, there was 1 6* pulled, and 6 5* pulled. It was pretty sad

I pulled a 6* nexus & one 6* out of those crystals.. was super happy
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Yeah they were the old ones but they were also cav “nexus crystals” which gives 3 chances for a 5-6* the new we only get 1 shot. I think that’s why they did it. I pulled a 6* and a 5* from them so I’m not complaining plus we are like 14500 6* shards as well. Not to bad.
  • LiangLiang Posts: 3
    I find it hard to believe it was an oversight. It’s just sneaky to not update to the new rates. I didn’t buy it for that reason alone and I didn’t get duped cos i double checked beforehand, knowing that Kabam are super shifty.

To those people saying it isn’t a big difference well it is. Remember it’s a nexus so if it was new drop rates it would be 9% chance approx for a 6*.
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    edited August 2021
    I can’t imagine it was an oversight, I think they counted on the community to not pay attention or care because the whole point of the offer was 6 star shards. They probably threw in the 6 star crystal for Thronebreakers because that would be icing on the cake. That and they know Thronebreaker players are more than likely a good gauge of who spends and who doesn’t, so they can’t piss them off… give em a 6 star crystal to divert their attention away from the fact we are giving old drop rates to a new type of nexus crystal. Then again, I’m probably way off!

I’ve been fortunate enough to get awesome drops from all types of crystals except PHC and Ultimate crystals. I mainly bought the offer for the 6 star shards and crystal, but the addition of the nexus Cavs definitely justified my gambling addiction to this game.

I’ve been in a retired alliance for 2 years now (been playing for almost 6 years) and the best way for me to progress (no wars, map 5 or below for AQ) is to buy offers. I can afford it, so I whale from time to time. I hate myself for it, but I love this game. I just disprove of the company practices. I’ve been very fortunate, but I agree with those complaining about the bait and switch. Regardless of how lucky some get, these old drop rates are unacceptable in today’s meta. Kabam knows who all bought this offer and what they pulled. They have that technology and have the ability to make it right. There’s also a lot of planning that goes into offers, which is why I don’t believe this was an oversight, at least not from a marketing perspective. What happened was a breakdown of communication, because the old drop rates should be null and void regardless if it’s a new type of crystal.

I’ve got a B.A.S. in mobile app development so I know a bit about how algorithms work, ethics behind companies decisions, and a whole slew of other tidbits you wouldn’t think related to mobile game app development. With that said, Kabam is pretty decent compared to a lot of other mobile gaming companies, but they definitely have room for growth. Their best course of action at this point is to do what they’ve done in the past (ie Odin Crystal) and compensate players with the correct drop rates crystals.

Oh, and I can’t complain, I pulled a 5 star Mangog (after getting shafted numerous times in the featured 5 star crystal) a 5 star nexus (Hulkbuster awakening), and 2 other meh 5 stars from the 10… so I was one of the lucky ones.

~S!lver Fox (aka Capt Megasauce, aka Ch@osMonkey)

Pic of account for reference

• ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    I hope kabam can atleast make a statement on the matter. whether it was intentional or not. Not everyone is gonna carefully check the drop rates on crystals before buying and it’s stupid enough as is that the new cav crystals are still called cav crystals. If they had different names then people wouldn’t be so confused.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    The combination of probabilities makes the chance that you pull a 6* essentially equivalent to the updated drop rates.
    There are 3 outcomes that result in a 6*
    1) 1 of the 3 is a 6*
    2) 3 of the 3 are 6*s
    3) 2 of the 3 are 6*s

1 in 3 is 1 - (1 - 0.01)^3 = 0.029701 or roughly 2.97%
    3 in 3 is 0.01^3 = 1.0E-6
    and then the remainder of multiple of 2 in 3 outcomes brings the total to effectively 3%.

Where these crystals are arguably better is that there is a 0.03% chance that you can choose, which 6* you want out of either 2 or 3 options (in theory some of those will also be 6* nexus crystals).

These percentages are so small, you would be hard-pressed to classify them as "better".

However, I don't think you're hard-pressed to classify the bait and switch on the drop rates as "misleading".
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    edited August 2021

I hope kabam can atleast make a statement on the matter. whether it was intentional or not. Not everyone is gonna carefully check the drop rates on crystals before buying and it’s stupid enough as is that the new cav crystals are still called cav crystals. If they had different names then people wouldn’t be so confused.

Well, even though the Kabam HQ that put out MCOC used to be based in S.F. California, but now located Vancouver Canada (2 hours from my house here in Washington State), they’re not an American company anymore. The likelihood of getting an acceptable response outside of “we’re looking into it” is less likely than any of us winning the lottery. Any resolution (aka compensation) will be another 2 weeks out bc it takes a while to aggregate the data, triple check it, get it approved, then send it out.

Oh, and there’s a Canadian holiday tomorrow so the office will be in short supply of brain cells and decision making outside of their marketing team.

They will address it though
  • Avi613Avi613 Posts: 61
    Its very disappointed, i pay 50$ , and all i get from this cav nexus was 3×3* and 2×4*...
    I really think that they need to give us some compensation... it's just not fair
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    A low point for Kabam.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248

I can’t imagine it was an oversight, I think they counted on the community to not pay attention or care because the whole point of the offer was 6 star shards. They probably threw in the 6 star crystal for Thronebreakers because that would be icing on the cake. That and they know Thronebreaker players are more than likely a good gauge of who spends and who doesn’t, so they can’t piss them off… give em a 6 star crystal to divert their attention away from the fact we are giving old drop rates to a new type of nexus crystal. Then again, I’m probably way off!

I’ve been fortunate enough to get awesome drops from all types of crystals except PHC and Ultimate crystals. I mainly bought the offer for the 6 star shards and crystal, but the addition of the nexus Cavs definitely justified my gambling addiction to this game.

I’ve been in a retired alliance for 2 years now (been playing for almost 6 years) and the best way for me to progress (no wars, map 5 or below for AQ) is to buy offers. I can afford it, so I whale from time to time. I hate myself for it, but I love this game. I just disprove of the company practices. I’ve been very fortunate, but I agree with those complaining about the bait and switch. Regardless of how lucky some get, these old drop rates are unacceptable in today’s meta. Kabam knows who all bought this offer and what they pulled. They have that technology and have the ability to make it right. There’s also a lot of planning that goes into offers, which is why I don’t believe this was an oversight, at least not from a marketing perspective. What happened was a breakdown of communication, because the old drop rates should be null and void regardless if it’s a new type of crystal.

I’ve got a B.A.S. in mobile app development so I know a bit about how algorithms work, ethics behind companies decisions, and a whole slew of other tidbits you wouldn’t think related to mobile game app development. With that said, Kabam is pretty decent compared to a lot of other mobile gaming companies, but they definitely have room for growth. Their best course of action at this point is to do what they’ve done in the past (ie Odin Crystal) and compensate players with the correct drop rates crystals.

Oh, and I can’t complain, I pulled a 5 star Mangog (after getting shafted numerous times in the featured 5 star crystal) a 5 star nexus (Hulkbuster awakening), and 2 other meh 5 stars from the 10… so I was one of the lucky ones.

~S!lver Fox (aka Capt Megasauce, aka Ch@osMonkey)

Pic of account for reference

With all due respect, I’m trying to think of a reason that Kabam would do that. As in, why does it hurt them to give me say a 6* over a 4*?

They make money either way selling resources I need to rank them up.

To me the simplest explanation is usually the correct one… they screwed up. I’m sure they’ll make it right.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

I mean it's better to have 3 rolls in a crystal than 1.