**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will This Annihilus Bug Ever Get Fixed?

So this bug has been in the game for the longest time. I have tried countless times to let people know about it and even tried contacting Kabam about it and it has yet to be addressed or fixed. The bug that I am referring to is when Annihilus is armor broken he looses his cosmic control rod. As far as I am aware, armor break aren't considered a "nullify" ability and if you look in his description it does not say that armor breaks remove his cosmic control rod. This is a huge unintentional nerf to him because I remember using my 5* Annihilus to counter Vision Aarkus when he was a boss in his EQ. Now he can't do that because he only gains his immunities when he has his cosmic control rod but when since Vision Aarkus armor breaks when you are close to him, it removes it. If I am somehow wrong and armor breaks are somehow intended to nullify his cosmic control rod please explain to me how because as of now he is bugged and unintentionally nerfed. Either he needs to get fixed or his description needs to be updated.

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Armor break is coded as a nullify it’s not a bug, neither is it limited to annihilus.
  • Legendary_NoobLegendary_Noob Posts: 59

Armor break is coded as a nullify it’s not a bug, neither is it limited to annihilus.

Ok thanks for informing me but I still think it is shady that Kabam, as far as I know, didn't say anything about making him no longer able to counter Vision Aarkus in any patch notes

Armor Break does function as a nullify.

Thanks for letting me know
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    AB = nullify. It can mess you up on some Act 7 node as well I believe.
    xLunatiXx said:

Yes Kabam said it in one of my post about it
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/229516/annihilus-cosmic-rod-removed-by-armor-break#latest
    However, if we follow this pov, champs immune to nullify shouldn't loose armor up when they are armor broken. Or with the node preventing nullifies. But they loose armor up. So armor break is not like a nullify and annihilus should be fixed. I've been saying that for way too long.
    Thank you
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    I hope they remove this interaction, he’s a cosmic champ who’s getting literally countered by tech champs like hulk buster lol. Just a bit silly imo. Wouldn’t exactly make him meta defining to change the interaction.

I hope they remove this interaction, he’s a cosmic champ who’s getting literally countered by tech champs like hulk buster lol. Just a bit silly imo. Wouldn’t exactly make him meta defining to change the interaction.

And the problem I have with Kabam is that he used to counter champs like Vision Aarkus for example. Like I said in my post, I used my 5* to counter Vision Aarkus when he was an EQ boss. It's just shady how information on this change is scarce and wasn't properly addressed in any update patch notes
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

And the problem I have with Kabam is that he used to counter champs like Vision Aarkus for example. Like I said in my post, I used my 5* to counter Vision Aarkus when he was an EQ boss. It's just shady how information on this change is scarce and wasn't properly addressed in any update patch notes
    Armor break has functioned like this for a very long time?

Armor break has functioned like this for a very long time?
    I didn't say it didn't. If you read my post you will see that I said that he used to be able to counter Aarkus and when they removed the ability for him to do that it wasn't addressed in any update patch notes. It was only addressed on 1 post on the forums. It would be important to put something like this in the patch notes for people who weren't aware that AB were considered a nullify ability.