**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Why no mod respond and clarify the situtation?

hopefully kabam will give explanation in layman's terms...lots of people crying here dont understand how probability works 🤦‍♂️ the drop rate is lower but it's so tiny lol
    Increased chances are increased chances.
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Bigfoot33 said:

Kd101 said:

Guys most of you who are saying that everyone is wrong for complaining did not even purchase the deal…. That means you were not impacted. And do not belittle those that do complain just because of the importance of the issue to them. This is money we are talking about. You all like to go after those who were fooled and mislead, but if you had the same happen to you then you wouldn’t be on a high horse with smug responses meant to belittle those who were duped. For some the deal would be worth it irregardless and for some it would not be worth it as it was. This isn’t people attacking Kabam where you need to defend them. This is people reaching out to Kabam the way Kabam intended. Not for you to stifle them claiming your hindsight is better…. Hindsight is always 20/20… for everyone.

In my case it was foresight. I checked before buying because it is REAL money. You need to do due diligence when buying anything.
    The amount of people coming in and complaining about it speaks for itself. In your case you checked… you aren’t one of the many you are one of the few. Indeed diligence is key, however, this is for many of those who didn’t. Just because you figured it out doesn’t take away from the importance for the rest or will lessen the impact of the relationship for the rest of the community. Speak out that people should be more diligent however that doesn’t excuse the lack of diligence on Kabam’s part to make it clear. The fine print isn’t exactly going to win hearts over.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    SlumpGod said:

Anybody else tend to look at what I’m buying if I’m gonna spend 50$ on a mobile game? No? Just me?

I looked. It said cav crystals
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

Drop rates were advertised on the crystals before people were allowed to buy them. So as a company, Kabam did nothing shady or unethical. It was the buyers who did not read what was stated and bought them based on their assumption.

However, as a company, Kabam should offer the new crystals as compensation as a gesture of goodwill. They’re not obligated to do so though.

I do think it's ethically questionable, and support a move to reimburse players. I do agree that technically, they broke no laws and therefore don't have to do anything. It would just be bad business sense imo
    Yup, can confirm this is not an issue of legality, simply a business decision. And in my experience with this game, when Kabam makes a mistake regarding crystals, they issue the correct crystals in addition as compensation and to reestablish good will with the customer.

Kabam, for whatever else you may say about them, are fairly savvy businesspeople. I’m sure they’ll have a response to this at some point.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

This is exactly what people needed to hear since they keep arguing that it is so obvious. This was the fine print and something that could be easily misinterpreted. For those who disagree please explain to why this analogy doesn’t work.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

Drop rates were advertised on the crystals before people were allowed to buy them. So as a company, Kabam did nothing shady or unethical. It was the buyers who did not read what was stated and bought them based on their assumption.

However, as a company, Kabam should offer the new crystals as compensation as a gesture of goodwill. They’re not obligated to do so though.

I do think it's ethically questionable, and support a move to reimburse players. I do agree that technically, they broke no laws and therefore don't have to do anything. It would just be bad business sense imo
    I don't think it's ethically questionable but just something to question in general. Were they or were they not supposed to be updated. Nothing more to it than just asking a question.

Everytime something like this happens, you always have people coming here to say how shady Kabam is and 99% it's always just been a simple mistake or a misunderstanding on the community side.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    I don’t recall this, and it would be at odds with what we saw for the Class Cavalier daily deals. Again, I have a strong feeling that this was just a mistake that unfortunately fell on a holiday weekend and so the response is taking longer than the player base would like.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,284 ★★★★★

Your 100% certain Mike said this but your not certain? 60% of the time it works everytime
    Bazinga!!!! 😂
    One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I think it may have been the *class* nexii that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Suppose it were the first time kabam are selling cav nexus's . the exact same name as cavalier crystals, and the same design

everyone buys it thinking they are cavs but with 3 choices since there were already cav crystals previously.
    after opening the crystals no body gets even a single 5*. upon inspection it is revealed that the drop rates were reduced to a one hundredth of previous for both 5* and 6* pulls.

would this be shady marketing? they can say that since this is the first time for cav nexus's, former drop rates aren't applicable. they can say that they were not hiding anything since the droprates were visible for all to see.

the same excuses in the current situation are valid
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    You can’t assume everyone watches Kabam Mike nor can you assume everyone checks the forums. It is not out of place to ask for the advertising to be more clear. Just because some figured it out doesn’t mean the rest can’t ask for a warning label. Indeed the drop rates were shown in the crystal info, however, they were cavs and if the meant that nexus cavs weren’t included in the update then mention that… not in the fine print where the joke is you can sell your soul.

Kd101 said:

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    That doesn’t help fix what is being discussed… like it was said earlier, “ Speak out that people should be more diligent however that doesn’t excuse the lack of diligence on Kabam’s part to make it clear.” You keep saying we should have been more diligent and keep excusing the fine print that is everywhere. Fine print does not help the relationship between players and company. This isn’t about whether the fine print was there it is an issue that they only put it out in the fine print.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

Kd101 said:

That 2% difference, or 1.6% to be more concise, is also a 300% increase in your chances to pull a 6-star.
This discussion has been closed.