**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    SlumpGod said:

Kd101 said:

SlumpGod said:

Kd101 said:

SlumpGod said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    Clicking on the drop rate button counts as research?
    Yes. It was not advertised otherwise.
    Still, clicking a button doesn't count as research.
    Differing opinions then
    Yeah. I'm ftp but I did check out the offer. Seeing as it was 50$ on a mobile game, I decided to press a single button. This button clearly stated the rates, which I noticed were the old ones. I didn't go through any trouble to get this info, and I also checked because these are not normal Cavs. I'm not saying what they did was right, but it definitely wasn't hard to see the drop rates.
    Rather than go after those who didn’t I would recommend something productive.
    Like I said you aren’t part of the majority here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Catmanndo said:

Don’t feed the trolls, they’re ravenous 👋😈
    Once again, are you players defending Kabam purchasers of this TB DAILY CARD?
    I find it funny you’re debating mathematical statistics, ethics and legality, but why?
    Kabam is a big company and can defend itself, you’re just playing devils advocate to start drama, that’s obvious.
    This isn’t a player vs player issue, it’s a player vs Kabam issue.
    Thanks and have a nice day ✌️😬

Listen to this intelligent person. Follow his advice.
    I hope you keep posting on the forums. There is a shortage of intelligent people!! They are by far a very rare commodity over here.
    I consider myself to be fairly intelligent. Which means as often as I can, I gather as much information as I can, and look at as many possible sides. Without much to go on, it's all speculation. It is possible it was a mistake. It is also possible that the Nexus Crystals never received the update. Intelligence is about cognitive application of the information. As the information is limited, it would be limited to discredit other possibilities.
    Now that is has blown up on forums and community I am sure more won’t make the same mistake… but not for those who didn’t have all this commotion.
    Either way it wasn’t made clear they were different either. Such a difference is worth putting in the advert.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Catmanndo said:

I find it funny you’re debating mathematical statistics, ethics and legality, but why?
    Kabam is a big company and can defend itself, you’re just playing devils advocate to start drama, that’s obvious.

I hope you keep posting on the forums. There is a shortage of intelligent people!! They are by far a very rare commodity over here.
    Ah yes. Follow the advice of someone who calls anyone with a different opinion than theirs a troll. Great example to live off of.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★

Graves_3 said:

Catmanndo said:

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent. Which means as often as I can, I gather as much information as I can, and look at as many possible sides. Without much to go on, it's all speculation. It is possible it was a mistake. It is also possible that the Nexus Crystals never received the update. Intelligence is about cognitive application of the information. As the information is limited, it would be limited to discredit other possibilities.
    What’s intelligent is clicking the top right corner of the current crystal deal to check the drop rates,..seems pretty straight forward to me.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! The team is looking into this. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you for your patience!

This should be a positive outcome for most then, instead of those who once again can't follow forum rules, especially the ones who do it time and time again with yet more ad hominem instead of constructive discussions. Don't feed them guys, this thread isn't about them.
    Think logically too…. It’s a lot harder to change a multitude of people. It makes sense that Kabam would have done the safe thing and mentioned it. All they had to say was that it was intentional and just like that all this would have been a mute point. Make it known prior not after
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I think it may have been the *class* nexii that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...

agreed 1000x here mate.. giving 4.5% on single spin is ridic op
    4.5% is the current 6* drop rate for Featured Cavalier crystals per spin. These are basics, so it should be a 3% 6* drop rate per spin.
    yeh but that's too good no if it was nexus and u got 3 spins.. that's 8.74% chance of getting a 6*
    It

Kd101 said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    I mean, my theory is just that somebody made a mistake. As conspiracy theories go, it’s pretty tame.
    Well prof Hoff is making vids on it so brace yourself.
    is he? great entertainment incoming then thought he was fine with it - even watched him calling it best daily offer ever?
    He's correct though when it comes to a daily shards card.

Regardless of what kind of drop rates the 10 crystals should have had, getting 15 x 6* sig stones, 25k 6* shards and 500k gold for US$50 is unprecedented outside of July 4th.

Graves_3 said:

Catmanndo said:

Ah yes. Follow the advice of someone who calls anyone with a different opinion than theirs a troll. Great example to live off of.
    Just because our opinions are different doesn’t mean one can’t listen to us. I am sorry for saying that. I was out of line. Just try to think for those who didn’t. It would be different if it had happened to you trust me.
    None of this truly reflects ourselves as people this is all online messaging. People are irrational
    Maybe so but one would slowly find themselves worn away by the constant conflict from others true selves and would eventually slip themselves.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

Graves_3 said:

Catmanndo said:

Just because our opinions are different doesn’t mean one can’t listen to us. I am sorry for saying that. I was out of line. Just try to think for those who didn’t. It would be different if it had happened to you trust me.
    I don't understand what would make you post this against what I said. Please read back and understand why I said what I said.
    I have been on forums too long everything getting confusing 😓
    Got a thousand comments and replies in my head hard to keep track of .
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! The team is looking into this. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you for your patience!

This should be a positive outcome for most then, instead of those who once again can't follow forum rules, especially the ones who do it time and time again with yet more ad hominem instead of constructive discussions. Don't feed them guys, this thread isn't about them.
    I can guess who the disagrees are from on your post! 🙃
    DNA3000 said:

Bait and switch. All crystals since April 8 are supposed to be buffed. Kabam should make it right. Submit a ticket. If they don't, take it up with the correct OS store, but give Kabam a little time to respond.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/258150/new-drop-rates-cavalier-and-featured-cavalier-crystals

I'm not sure why you would specifically go out of your way to post a picture that directly hurts your cause. The picture shows that Kabam explicitly named two types of crystals that would be buffed: the generic and the featured. They specifically did not name the nexus Cavalier crystal.

Also, I wish people would use the term "bait and switch" correctly. Bait and switch is when a company advertises one thing to entice customers, then tries to convince those customers to buy something else instead.

Also, the nexus Cav crystals actually conforms to Apple's requirements on displaying drop odds before purchase. You'd be asking Apple to take action against one of its app developers for doing exactly what they were told to do. You're not saying they failed to disclose the odds, you're saying the app developer owes you a very specific set of odds you believe they promised you, by quoting a message that actually goes out of its way to specifically not do that.
    Prior messages you missed…. It’s about the relationship not legality. Kabam was within their rights but that will leave a bad taste in the mouths of a chunk of their player base that spends money… that isn’t something the developers want either they desire a good standing so the consumer keeps spending.
    I believe they owe us making clear it isn’t one thing but is another thing. True it is in there but to have this many impacted…. Not just a small thing to be written of.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,556 Guardian
    Kd101 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bait and switch. All crystals since April 8 are supposed to be buffed. Kabam should make it right. Submit a ticket. If they don't, take it up with the correct OS store, but give Kabam a little time to respond.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/258150/new-drop-rates-cavalier-and-featured-cavalier-crystals

I'm not sure why you would specifically go out of your way to post a picture that directly hurts your cause. The picture shows that Kabam explicitly named two types of crystals that would be buffed: the generic and the featured. They specifically did not name the nexus Cavalier crystal.

Also, I wish people would use the term "bait and switch" correctly. Bait and switch is when a company advertises one thing to entice customers, then tries to convince those customers to buy something else instead.

Also, the nexus Cav crystals actually conforms to Apple's requirements on displaying drop odds before purchase. You'd be asking Apple to take action against one of its app developers for doing exactly what they were told to do. You're not saying they failed to disclose the odds, you're saying the app developer owes you a very specific set of odds you believe they promised you, by quoting a message that actually goes out of its way to specifically not do that.
    Prior messages you missed…. It’s about the relationship not legality. Kabam was within their rights but that will leave a bad taste in the mouths of a chunk of their player base that spends money… that isn’t something the developers want either they desire a good standing so the consumer keeps spending.
    I was responding to someone who specifically recommended pursuing remedy from the app stores due to the in-app purchase being a bait and switch.
This discussion has been closed.