**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    This situation reminds me "Turn your iPhone X to iPhone 11 with a camera sticker" videos. Looks exactly what u want but not even close..
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Wow someone disagreed with “welcome to the club” 🤣
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

Disagree bombers lol I’m sure there’ll be a bunch below this too
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Lpoo said:

Kd101 said:

I once had somebody disagree with me so hard that they went onto my profile and added a disagree to every comment of mine they could find. Added something like 75 disagrees across my profile. Honestly, impressed by their tenacity. That was the day I stopped caring about reactions on my comments.
    I disagree :) No i'm not who you are talking about lol.

Back on topic i think it's pretty obvious no answers will come until at least tomorrow based on today being a Canadian holiday
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I think it may have been the *class* nexii that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...

agreed 1000x here mate.. giving 4.5% on single spin is ridic op
    4.5% is the current 6* drop rate for Featured Cavalier crystals per spin. These are basics, so it should be a 3% 6* drop rate per spin.
    yeh but that's too good no if it was nexus and u got 3 spins.. that's 8.74% chance of getting a 6*
    It

Kd101 said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    I mean, my theory is just that somebody made a mistake. As conspiracy theories go, it’s pretty tame.
    Well prof Hoff is making vids on it so brace yourself.
    This made me laugh, best post so far 🤣
    Wicket329 said:

Lpoo said:

Kd101 said:

I once had somebody disagree with me so hard that they went onto my profile and added a disagree to every comment of mine they could find. Added something like 75 disagrees across my profile. Honestly, impressed by their tenacity. That was the day I stopped caring about reactions on my comments.
    They should update the forum and show the names of people that disagrees and then you might get some genuine ones.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    theham said:

You go to the store and pick this up like you always do. You open the can and find out it's not actually coca cola in there but 100% plain water.

You turn around the can and a find a QR code...you ignored it at first because you thought it was just another silly contest for headphones but it takes you to a site that tells you exactly what's in the can: "100% PLAIN WATER. GIT GUD SCRUB"

Not the best analogy but whatever..

Cav crystals buffed? Fact.
    Offer selling Cav Crystals that are also Nexus? Check.
    Offer called THRONEBREAKER daily card? "Great, even more reason to assume I'm buying the right deal". Check.

It's always good to look at the fine-print, but players had no good reason to. They're selling Cavs aimed at Thronebreakers, there's 0 good reason to assume they're the old drop rates.

Probably one of the worst analogies I've seen. Even worse than SpicySlicer. For one, CokaCola would never do that without proper labeling due to regulations from the FDA. 2nd, Kabam didn't hide anything. Every crystal offer we've ever had in the store to buy with real money since the drop rate inclusion, have their drop rates available by clicking on the image or the "!" in a circle. No one's hiding anything. No one's trying to get one over on you. They were there the WHOLE TIME. You ASSUMED without checking. That's not on Kabam, that's technically on you.

Kabam has only ever announced changes to the drop rates for single pull cavs and featured cavs. Now, fortunately, Kabam Boo has commented saying they are looking into this. There's only 2 options here-
    1. Kabam updated the Nexus crystals with the others but added the wrong ones to the store.
    2. They weren't supposed to be updated since you are getting triple the chance since it's a nexus.

That's all there is to this. It's super simple. Now it's just on Kabam to state what's what.
    edited August 2021
    Well prof Hoff and KT1 both agreed compensation should be in order for all those who care. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. And they all had similar arguments already seen on the forums.

theham said:

You go to the store and pick this up like you always do. You open the can and find out it's not actually coca cola in there but 100% plain water.

You turn around the can and a find a QR code...you ignored it at first because you thought it was just another silly contest for headphones but it takes you to a site that tells you exactly what's in the can: "100% PLAIN WATER. GIT GUD SCRUB"

Offer called THRONEBREAKER daily card? "Great, even more reason to assume I'm buying the right deal". Check.

It's always good to look at the fine-print, but players had no good reason to. They're selling Cavs aimed at Thronebreakers, there's 0 good reason to assume they're the old drop rates.

Probably one of the worst analogies I've seen. Even worse than SpicySlicer. For one, CokaCola would never do that without proper labeling due to regulations from the FDA. 2nd, Kabam didn't hide anything. Every crystal offer we've ever had in the store to buy with real money since the drop rate inclusion, have their drop rates available by clicking on the image or the "!" in a circle. No one's hiding anything. No one's trying to get one over on you. They were there the WHOLE TIME. You ASSUMED without checking. That's not on Kabam, that's technically on you.

Kabam has only ever announced changes to the drop rates for single pull cavs and featured cavs. Now, fortunately, Kabam Boo has commented saying they are looking into this. There's only 2 options here-
    1. Kabam updated the Nexus crystals with the others but added the wrong ones to the store.
    2. They weren't supposed to be updated since you are getting triple the chance since it's a nexus.

That's all there is to this. It's super simple. Now it's just on Kabam to state what's what.
    Go watch KT1 and Prof Hoff for some more opinions they agreed comp was probably advised but yes everything is Kabam’s decision.
    And it wasn’t a bad analogy once again quit looking at the legality it’s about the RELATIONSHIP I don’t know how to get that through to you guys seriously. You read half of it then quit reading.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

theham said:

Go watch KT1 and Prof Hoff for some more opinions they agreed comp was probably advised but yes everything is Kabam’s decision.
    Yup…KT1 = merc or Prof hoff = leader of the tin hats.

How about we just wait for kabam to make a decision.
    Lol anybody can throw shade brother like a nobody…. But I am not mean try being nicer @Jaded
    Kd101 said:

theham said:

It wasn’t about whether or not the info was available. It was misleading try watching the videos of the content creators and figure it out. Without turning it off or muting it after 10 seconds.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    DNA3000 said:

I'm honestly not sure if the odds are an error or not, but when I looked at the crystal I thought there were two possibilities: one: the odds were an error and were intended to be updated, and two: the odds were correct and the nexus crystal was actually intended to give players exactly what they've asked for, just using different technology.

Here's some math. Suppose we assume that in general, players will always pick the highest rarity that shows up, or pick from that highest rarity if multiple champs of the same rarity show up. If we make this assumption, we can calculate the odds of pulling each rarity from the crystal, starting from the base odds (and assuming nexus drops equal their rarity) of 1%, 11%, 38%, 50%. We get:

6* 2.97%
    5* 28.88%
    4* 55.64%
    3* 12.5%

Compare this to the current basic Cav:

6* 3%
    5* 16%
    4* 31%
    3* 50%

The Nexus Cav is basically an improved version of the Basic Cav where the odds of 3* pulls is dramatically lowered and the odds of 4* and 5* are dramatically increased. Granted the odds of pulling a 6* champ are marginally lower, but that difference is all but negligable. This is basically what people have been asking for Cav crystals to move towards. If they actually made a Cav+ crystal with those odds, I suspect people would love them.

Now, the question is whether Kabam *intended* to do this. I have no idea. It seems to me to be a basically 50/50 proposition that either someone at Kabam got clever but didn't feel they needed to explain that cleverness, or made an error and intended to release a mega Cav nexus but didn't update the odds.

For the record, if the Nexus actually did obey the current basic drop odds for each Nexus pull, this is what the equivalent expected drop rate would be:

6* 8.73%
    5* 38.12%
    4* 40.64%
    3* 12.5%

That seems awfully high, but not so high so as to be obviously ridiculous. So I think both possibilities are not beyond the realm of possibility.

What’s tough for players to digest—I think—is a “Cav crystal” having a 1% 6* drop rate.

What is further hard to grasp is that a batch of 10 nexus with that drop rate is actually akin to 30 crystals with 1%, all leading to an “effective” 6* drop rate of ~3%. So it isn’t really far off what’s normal for generic Cavs.

Whether that’s good or not isn’t my call. I bought it—I had Apple Cards from blood donation—and my pulls stunk (including my 4th 6* Beast from the 6*). I wish the disclosure was a little more overt but I can’t see any malfeasance here.

If it were my call, I’d probably be overly clear about rates from here on out. I’d also probably throw some goodwill out to everyone who purchased, but I’d also understand if they didn’t.

Dr. Zola

Side note #1: Some of my disatisfaction at the deal was alleviated by back to back 6* from Heroes and Gods crystals (OG Thor/Annihilus).

Side note #2: If people gave blood as often as they post on threads here, blood shortages would be a lot less likely and a lot less severe.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm honestly not sure if the odds are an error or not, but when I looked at the crystal I thought there were two possibilities: one: the odds were an error and were intended to be updated, and two: the odds were correct and the nexus crystal was actually intended to give players exactly what they've asked for, just using different technology.

Here's some math. Suppose we assume that in general, players will always pick the highest rarity that shows up, or pick from that highest rarity if multiple champs of the same rarity show up. If we make this assumption, we can calculate the odds of pulling each rarity from the crystal, starting from the base odds (and assuming nexus drops equal their rarity) of 1%, 11%, 38%, 50%. We get:

6* 2.97%
    5* 28.88%
    4* 55.64%
    3* 12.5%

Compare this to the current basic Cav:

6* 3%
    5* 16%
    4* 31%
    3* 50%

The Nexus Cav is basically an improved version of the Basic Cav where the odds of 3* pulls is dramatically lowered and the odds of 4* and 5* are dramatically increased. Granted the odds of pulling a 6* champ are marginally lower, but that difference is all but negligable. This is basically what people have been asking for Cav crystals to move towards. If they actually made a Cav+ crystal with those odds, I suspect people would love them.

Now, the question is whether Kabam *intended* to do this. I have no idea. It seems to me to be a basically 50/50 proposition that either someone at Kabam got clever but didn't feel they needed to explain that cleverness, or made an error and intended to release a mega Cav nexus but didn't update the odds.

For the record, if the Nexus actually did obey the current basic drop odds for each Nexus pull, this is what the equivalent expected drop rate would be:

6* 8.73%
    5* 38.12%
    4* 40.64%
    3* 12.5%

That seems awfully high, but not so high so as to be obviously ridiculous. So I think both possibilities are not beyond the realm of possibility.

What’s tough for players to digest—I think—is a “Cav crystal” having a 1% 6* drop rate.

What is further hard to grasp is that a batch of 10 nexus with that drop rate is actually akin to 30 crystals with 1%, all leading to an “effective” 6* drop rate of ~3%. So it isn’t really far off what’s normal for generic Cavs.

Whether that’s good or not isn’t my call. I bought it—I had Apple Cards from blood donation—and my pulls stunk (including my 4th 6* Beast from the 6*). I wish the disclosure was a little more overt but I can’t see any malfeasance here.

If it were my call, I’d probably be overly clear about rates from here on out. I’d also probably throw some goodwill out to everyone who purchased, but I’d also understand if they didn’t.

Dr. Zola

Side note #1: Some of my disatisfaction at the deal was alleviated by back to back 6* from Heroes and Gods crystals (OG Thor/Annihilus).

Side note #2: If people gave blood as often as they post on threads here, blood shortages would be a lot less likely and a lot less severe.
    I wonder if someone who only purchases offers in this manner could still be considered an F2P player, as technically speaking all of their stuff comes from nothing but blood, sweat, and tears.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

Lol anybody can throw shade brother like a nobody…. But I am not mean try being nicer @Jaded

Wasn’t throwing shade or being mean. I gave facts. KT1 is/was a merc and Prof Hoff does a lot of conspiracy videos. These are facts not made up theories of both of them. So instead of name dropping people that side with you try using just your own opinion. Stop regurgitation other person(s) POV, have your own thoughts.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    It’s a mistake and Kabam will compensate those who purchased. My guess is they’ll just send another 10 crystals with the correct drop rates. Let’s not forget this was a TB exclusive deal so the 8% drop rate that @DNA3000 posted about doesn’t seem too absurd for players who are only trying to expand their 6* roster, especially with R4 just around the corner. From what I gather it’s been a Canadian holiday so it will likely be addressed by an administrator tomorrow and I’m sure there will be quite a bit of work involved in identifying and compensating every player who purchased the deal so probably well into next week before the replacement crystals hit the mail.
    edited August 2021
    Kd101 said:

Kd101 said:

theham said:

It wasn’t about whether or not the info was available. It was misleading try watching the videos of the content creators and figure it out. Without turning it off or muting it after 10 seconds.
    What's misleading exactly?

Kd101 said:

theham said:

Yeah because those 2 are in charge huh? Stop the presses, KT1 and Prof Hoff said comp is needed. Get it out right away.
    Dude literally said it’s Kabam’s decision like I said earlier read the whole thing not half.
    edited August 2021
    If you aren’t going to watch the videos don’t ask what, the whole point is that you can see for yourself and judge.
    Kd101 said:

Kd101 said:

theham said:

Yeah because those 2 are in charge huh? Stop the presses, KT1 and Prof Hoff said comp is needed. Get it out right away.
    Dude literally said it’s Kabam’s decision like I said earlier read the whole thing not half.
    I'm good. I don't feel the need to increase either of those 2 views. Could care less about their opinions. Kt1's a former merch and Prof Hoff causes more issues than anyone in this game.
    Kd101 said:

If you aren’t going to watch the videos don’t ask what, the whole point is that you can see for yourself and judge.

I don't need to watch their videos to form an opinion. I bought the deal myself and I have all the info I need.
    edited August 2021
    Then don’t judge dude if you aren’t willing to educate yourself it’s your choice but don’t act educated on the matter if you only listen to half of it and refuse to watch the vids of other people’s opinions for the sake of a single view. Knowing your enemy at least is a smart thing. Ignorance is not bliss.
    Just stop asking the same points over and over even though you get responses. That doesn’t help us work toward a solution. It is just going in circles.
    Chances are everything you are asking is already mentioned in the 350 comments or however many there are now.
This discussion has been closed.