**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Starhawk said:

DNA3000 said:

Sparty6 said:

I can’t wait to turn this into a thread about “show me your compensation pulls” and watch the trolls cry.

I'm actually concerned that if Kabam sends out compensation to people who bought the offer, it will cause a ton of people to claim that they now need compensation because had they known the drop odds were in error they would have bought it originally.

Full disclosure: I weighed the offer last night and decided to get it. So while I think compensation would not be unreasonable in this situation, I would be a beneficiary of that compensation so I have some vested self-interest that could introduce bias.
    they don't need to compensate people that didn't buy the deal. They could simply have the deal available to anyone who didn't originally purchase it.
    That's not as easy as it sounds.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Starhawk said:

I don't even know why there is a debate. The whole notion that they are using the old drop rates on purpose just seems ridiculous to me. If that is the case why weren't the PHC Nexus crystals at 1/3 of their usual rate? The whole purpose of the nexus crystals is to further increase choice. Cavalier crystals have been buffed long enough the buffed rate is now the normal rate. The expected behavior would be the increased rates...especially when this is a Thronebreaker only deal. I don't really know why TB doesn't have their own crystals yet (how about a TB crystal that only has 4,5 and 6 stars....no 3 stars).

The purpose of single rarity nexus crystals is to improve player choice: they don't increase the number of champions the player gets of any rarity, they just allow the player to have more agency in which champion they get. But nexus versions of crystals that contain multiple rarities don't just increase choice, they dramatically increase the likelihood of the player getting the top rarity contained within the crystal (nearly tripling that rate). For things like PHCs, that might be seen as insignificant. But for a Cavalier crystal, it is very significant. It triples the value the crystal contains by many players' perceptions of value. You can't automatically assume that was intended. It might be, but the difference between a nexus PHC and a nexus Cav is night and day.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Generally, it takes me less time to do the math for a post as it takes to type the numbers into the post.

People act like some pretty basic probability calculations are some deep Good Will Hunting stuff. "OMG he knows how to use numbers!" To that end, best post in this merged mega-thread is the bifurcation diagram. No question.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★
    So was there an update I missed from kabamm, this thread was very active last night and relatively quiet since?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

I’m ftp so I don’t have any input on this actual situation. But to all, don’t argue with DNA3000. They 100% know what they’re talking about and you come across like a troll trying to argue with statistics and numbers.

That’s why nobody ever argues with him lol. He just threw up some statistics of the chance of a 6* in the cav nexus with the lowered drop rates and everyone is like “wow you solved it”
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

So was there an update I missed from kabamm, this thread was very active last night and relatively quiet since?

What more do you want exactly? People have pretty much exhausted all their arguments. Nothing else to do but wait and see if there's an answer.
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Specialty crystals where certain champs are unavailable are a good example. They have all champs that are in it listed… and yet Kabam still puts a * at the bottom of the list to make sure you realize that the champ is unavailable. This shouldn’t be necessary since one should be able to deduce the champ is not in the crystal by the list right? It is for the player so that they have less confusion.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Hey guys, so quick question, how hard actually is deciding either the drop rates were right or it was a mistake?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, so quick question, how hard actually is deciding either the drop rates were right or it was a mistake?

What's to decide? Even Kabam can change their mind on this if they wanted to.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Yesterday was a holiday in Canada and it's only 8am there now. Hopefully we will hear something more concrete today.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Gildenlow said:

Rookiie said:

Gildenlow said:

I was refering to kabam, they say the team is looking up into this. What's to look up? I mean they either made a mistake or no, I think it's a pretty simple question to answer.

It's like: Hey folks, the drop rates were right, screw you.
    or: Hey folks, the drop rates weren't right, we'll see how to compensate.

THAT'S IT.
    U do realize its an automated response right?
    Would u feel better if they responded "Yo yooo i got my crew checking it up to make a decision bruhhhh just chill for a bit and we let ya knowwww"
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Gildenlow said:

Rookiie said:

Gildenlow said:

I was refering to kabam, they say the team is looking up into this. What's to look up? I mean they either made a mistake or no, I think it's a pretty simple question to answer.

THAT'S IT.
    Oh haha.
    I suppose. I don't think Kabam Boo has the authority to answer back alone on an issue that's stirring the community. I think they would need to escalate it to the wider team, evaluate the current situation, assess the community's feedback, and then have the community leader, aka big boss @Kabam Miike, respond accordingly.
    Hope that helps ✌🏽
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Gildenlow said:

Rookiie said:

Gildenlow said:

THAT'S IT.
    Maybe they want to give away complete information or maybe they are referring to their sales team/ the team responsible for coding the offers who could have been away for the weekend/holiday and are only just coming back to the office since it's still morning time in Canada idk. This community takes everything Kabam says and holds Kabam to it word for word so they do have to be careful.
This discussion has been closed.