**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake, the best…?

Victories like this makes me believe Quake is at least a tier above all other champs…
Your thoughts?

Comments

• Yellow_CoderYellow_Coder Posts: 57

The best at giving your thumbs nightmares

Haha… seriously it numbs my thumbs…
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Almost everyone in the forums agrees that Quake is the best champion in the game

that is… debatable

Quite a few do, but almost the whole forums… eh
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    First there are other champs (Corvus, omega) that can kill with 0 hits dealt and received, as that seems to be the standout for you. But yes, she is indeed a level above other champs.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    The best is Groot, no contest. Quake is second though
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

What about Maw?

What about Maw?
    Ah yes Maw, how could I forget about such a “Maw-erful” champ (I’m so sorry). And then of course SIM, the superior being himself, second only to Groot. So after all this we can confirm the quake is officially the fourth best champ in the game.

What about Maw?
    maw trash
    🧢
  • IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    Every champion here is good at some things but not at others. Quake is probably the best at this summer of pain and clearing chapter and monthly quests. Boring as possible to play, but probably the best at that

On a node where you take damage she is terrible since she has no immunities, unlike ghost. On a node where there is constant power gain she is terrible because she can’t tank a special like Ghost. Of course - she needs no synergies and gives positive synergies to your team.

And lastly, for the most important content in the game (abyss of legends) she is dead on arrival.

So she might be the best overall, but not exactly in a tier by herself. Many would be much more excited to get a 6 star horseman of the abyss then quake.

And finally - unless she is released as a six-star champ she will eventually become less and less useful. Personally, I’m not going to shed any tears. If every champ fought like quake I wousojt play this game every day

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    IcePick said:

Every champion here is good at some things but not at others. Quake is probably the best at this summer of pain and clearing chapter and monthly quests. Boring as possible to play, but probably the best at that

On a node where you take damage she is terrible since she has no immunities, unlike ghost. On a node where there is constant power gain she is terrible because she can’t tank a special like Ghost. Of course - she needs no synergies and gives positive synergies to your team.

And lastly, for the most important content in the game (abyss of legends) she is dead on arrival.

So she might be the best overall, but not exactly in a tier by herself. Many would be much more excited to get a 6 star horseman of the abyss then quake.

And finally - unless she is released as a six-star champ she will eventually become less and less useful. Personally, I’m not going to shed any tears. If every champ fought like quake I wousojt play this game every day

I mean, as to your first point, for the game overall, there are very few champs that can handle as wide a variety of nodes/matchups as quake can, so yes, there are modes of the game where she isn’t one of the best, but few. I would also point out that while some people find her boring to play, some people enjoy the challenge and the intensity that kind of back-against-the-wall gameplay gives them in comparison to other 5-hit combo and repeat champs.

There are many different kinds of “nodes where you take damage”, and quake actually bypasses most of them, either through the fact that you can play her without ever touching the opponent, or that her concussion will render the timer or whatever useless 90% of the time. As a point of fact, ghost actually doesn’t have any immunities, she can just shrug off debuffs or they won’t apply, but it’s not quite the same thing. I will agree that typically power gain fights are where Quake is the least effective (or super massive health pools like AOL, or that new anti-Quake/Ghost node), but if it is not passive, you can time the concussion correctly so that the power gain buff does not activate, then dodge the special and keep quaking. It’s possible.

I also have a super hard time believing that AOL is “the most important content in the game”. Does it give you good rewards? Yes. Is it one of the pinnacles of long tedious content? Yes. Is it necessary for a high-tier or endgame player? Definitely not. Does it bar progression for titles or anything? Nope. Does the majority of the player base play it? Nope. Are there other contents that have come out that give, maybe not the same, but similarly crazy good rewards? Yes (Gauntlet, where Quake is OP, SOP, where Quake is OP, Carina’s Challenges, which are champ specific for the most part).

The level of excitement of what champ you’re getting definitely does not prove how good a champ is. Right now, I’d be more excited to get a 5* Hyperion, Goldpool, or Scarlet Witch than a 6* Doom just because I like those characters a lot better. I also don’t care about the abyss, but I have every other bit of content done except for V1, and Act 6 exploration (because I just don’t have time). Yes, that includes a full run of Gauntlet, and Act 7.1/2 exploration.

Not having a 6* Quake might be a bummer for the game in general, but she is one of the best examples of a champ that can do exactly the same thing as a super low star, low level champ. Her abilities are the same, it will just take you a little bit longer to finish fights. Yes, eventually that will make less people use her, but it won’t decrease the value of her abilities and unique play style very much. Until we get max ranked 6* champs or 5* gates, I don’t see the 5/65 Quake becoming irrelevant.

Also, I’m not trying to argue with the gist of your post, and you make several good points, but I’m glad you found a game you like playing every day and I 100% get not liking her play style. It’s definitely not for everyone.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    The best at making me feel absolute trash at this game because I cannot quake to save my life
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★

The best at making me feel absolute trash at this game because I cannot quake to save my life

Lol, don't feel bad. The hard part about learning Quake for me was that I just used her for months (and that's a generous estimate, was actually a lot longer) and just kept dying immediately, or barely being able to Quake'n'bake the opponent down. And then one day, it just worked. Its not even like I was trying anything different, something just clicked.

On the downside, I can now play her great, but am pretty trash with other champs that are supposed to be way easier to play. *shrugs*
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Lol, don't feel bad. The hard part about learning Quake for me was that I just used her for months (and that's a generous estimate, was actually a lot longer) and just kept dying immediately, or barely being able to Quake'n'bake the opponent down. And then one day, it just worked. Its not even like I was trying anything different, something just clicked.

On the downside, I can now play her great, but am pretty trash with other champs that are supposed to be way easier to play. *shrugs*
    I gave up lol i can do the one using parry relatively well but the other one is beyond me.
  • Yellow_CoderYellow_Coder Posts: 57

Bruv ngl, I was so bad with quaking that I started leaving her out of my squad for quests even though she was my second best champ overall (with sig lvl 50+). But eventually, after playing and playing with her, I started getting a hang of it. I can’t always do a 0 hit dealt and received, it’s actually pretty rare for me, but still it feels good when it happens 😌