**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, so quick question, how hard actually is deciding either the drop rates were right or it was a mistake?

Well, it was a holiday yesterday. Maybe they weren't even sure themselves so they are gathering info to let us know.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, so quick question, how hard actually is deciding either the drop rates were right or it was a mistake?

Well, it was a holiday yesterday. Maybe they weren't even sure themselves so they are gathering info to let us know.
    There could be a fair amount of discussion, to be honest. And it’s likely this isn’t the only thing on the agenda, with an update rolling tonight/tomorrow and a hot fix soon after.

Personally, I’d make the shift in game to using Greater/Lesser nomenclature (or something similar) on Cav crystals if this is a thing going forward. That change alone would probably involve more than one corporate department.

I’m sure Miike would love to have all the power and just decree what happens, but people should understand that’s not how corporate decisions work.

Dr. Zola
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    I’ve bought this offer thinking about the same drop rates as cavaliers crystals and was reading after in Reddit that drop rates are like original cavs crystals. If this is true Kabam should have change the name of this crystal as other than cavalier.
    DrZola said:

Gildenlow said:

There could be a fair amount of discussion, to be honest. And it’s likely this isn’t the only thing on the agenda, with an update rolling tonight/tomorrow and a hot fix soon after.

Personally, I’d make the shift in game to using Greater/Lesser nomenclature (or something similar) on Cav crystals if this is a thing going forward. That change alone would probably involve more than one corporate department.

I’m sure Miike would love to have all the power and just decree what happens, but people should understand that’s not how corporate decisions work.

Dr. Zola
    Couldn't agree more.
  • NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
    Dang. Still no response on this.. I mean I wont be too mad either way if they fix it.. I think they should, but they certainly aren't obligated to.. We are obligated to read the offers I guess.. Its a seller's market o.O. In the future, if they are going to do this kind of thing, they should call it an "old school cavalier nexus" or something to make it easily differentiated. Here's to hoping.
    Forumer said:

Kd101 said:

Specialty crystals where certain champs are unavailable are a good example. They have all champs that are in it listed… and yet Kabam still puts a * at the bottom of the list to make sure you realize that the champ is unavailable. This shouldn’t be necessary since one should be able to deduce the champ is not in the crystal by the list right? It is for the player so that they have less confusion.

Oh hey you're back. Can't wait for your next 25 comments in 3 minutes.

A good bit of Kd’s comments are just debates with other people which is fine. As for his bumping the thread I get why you would find it annoying but I also understand why, as this was a $50.00 purchase and while his bumping will have virtually no effect on how quickly the mods answer, I understand the paranoia of having it go unnoticed.

And as for the actual issue: whether it was intended or not makes no difference to me. Kabam presented 10 Cav Nexus Crystals, and as we know from other multiple rarity crystals, their nexus variants have the same drop rates. It should’ve been made more clear and I don’t think that’s up for discussion.

It's absolutely up for discussion. That's why this thread exists in the first place. I'm not sure how much clearer they could have been since they included the drop rates on the crystals with the offer like they always have.

We haven't seen any Cav Nexus crystals since they updated the drop rates in April. The last ones we had were in the daily crystal offers in the unit store and those were even higher odds if you compared them to the regular Cav crystals. So, no, we don't know what they are supposed to be since we haven't had any since the update.
  • ForumerForumer Posts: 70 ★★

Forumer said:

Kd101 said:

Specialty crystals where certain champs are unavailable are a good example. They have all champs that are in it listed… and yet Kabam still puts a * at the bottom of the list to make sure you realize that the champ is unavailable. This shouldn’t be necessary since one should be able to deduce the champ is not in the crystal by the list right? It is for the player so that they have less confusion.

A good bit of Kd’s comments are just debates with other people which is fine. As for his bumping the thread I get why you would find it annoying but I also understand why, as this was a $50.00 purchase and while his bumping will have virtually no effect on how quickly the mods answer, I understand the paranoia of having it go unnoticed.

And as for the actual issue: whether it was intended or not makes no difference to me. Kabam presented 10 Cav Nexus Crystals, and as we know from other multiple rarity crystals, their nexus variants have the same drop rates. It should’ve been made more clear and I don’t think that’s up for discussion.

It's absolutely up for discussion. That's why this thread exists in the first place. I'm not sure how much clearer they could have been since they included the drop rates on the crystals with the offer like they always have.

We haven't seen any Cav Nexus crystals since they updated the drop rates in April. The last ones we had were in the daily crystal offers in the unit store and those were even higher odds if you compared them to the regular Cav crystals. So, no, we don't know what they are supposed to be since we haven't had any since the update.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but there has never been a time where nexus crystals drop rates differed from their non-nexus variants. And no, that they should’ve made the drop rates clearer is not up for discussion or we wouldn’t have had this thread in the first place. I never argued on the rates being intentional or not because we simply don’t know but they most definitely should have said somewhere besides that small little i (that I don’t blame anyone for not clicking as it’s second nature to know the rates of a cav crystal to most TB or Cav players) that the cavs had different rates.
  • 262oo7262oo7 Posts: 28
    At least acknowledge the problem
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    theham said:

Starhawk said:

I don't even know why there is a debate. The whole notion that they are using the old drop rates on purpose just seems ridiculous to me. If that is the case why weren't the PHC Nexus crystals at 1/3 of their usual rate? The whole purpose of the nexus crystals is to further increase choice. Cavalier crystals have been buffed long enough the buffed rate is now the normal rate. The expected behavior would be the increased rates...especially when this is a Thronebreaker only deal. I don't really know why TB doesn't have their own crystals yet (how about a TB crystal that only has 4,5 and 6 stars....no 3 stars).

That would break the gold, shard, and ISO economy and almost immediately force out 7 stars.
    Not really. replace 3 stars with 4 stars (so keep 5 and 6 star rates the same) and lower the amount of ISOs/Gold you get when you pull a 4 star from those crystals specifically. The extra 5 star shards isn't going to make a big difference and would have a lesser impact than when the drop rates were increased. As well we do use more gold and ISOs when leveling up a 6 star champ from rank 2 to 3 than from 1 to 2 and someone's first rank 4 is on track to happen this year. It isn't going to break the economy of the game.
    Forumer said:

Forumer said:

Kd101 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there has never been a time where nexus crystals drop rates differed from their non-nexus variants. And no, that they should’ve made the drop rates clearer is not up for discussion or we wouldn’t have had this thread in the first place. I never argued on the rates being intentional or not because we simply don’t know but they most definitely should have said somewhere besides that small little i (that I don’t blame anyone for not clicking as it’s second nature to know the rates of a cav crystal to most TB or Cav players) that the cavs had different rates.
    We've only had Cavalier Class nexus crystals. We have not had any nexus Cavalier crystals since they updated them back in April. So new update, different rules.

It's 100% logical to think that the drop rates for these in the offer on Sunday should have been updated. I'm cool with that.

It's also logical to think that since they updated the drop rates in the single pull, they didn't want to update the Nexus ones because there's some serious potential there. I'm cool with that too.

I didn't buy the deal for the 10 cavs. I bought it for the 6* and sig stones.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Still no word? Man, how long is it going to be before Kabam responds?
  • ForumerForumer Posts: 70 ★★

Forumer said:

Forumer said:

Kd101 said:

We've only had Cavalier Class nexus crystals. We have not had any nexus Cavalier crystals since they updated them back in April. So new update, different rules.

It's 100% logical to think that the drop rates for these in the offer on Sunday should have been updated. I'm cool with that.

It's also logical to think that since they updated the drop rates in the single pull, they didn't want to update the Nexus ones because there's some serious potential there. I'm cool with that too.

I didn't buy the deal for the 10 cavs. I bought it for the 6* and sig stones.
    Makes sense, I understand where you’re coming from for sure, though they definitely should’ve been more clear about it (if it was intentional, which again, until Kabam answers we have no clue) to avoid this whole mess. And yeah I’m the same as you, bought it for the 6* champs and sig stones though the cavs were a really nice addition especially for iso.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★

Still no word? Man, how long is it going to be before Kabam responds?

So it's been less than 2 working hours for Kabam since this issue came up (yesterday was a stat holiday). Hopefully we'll get something by end of business today.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Sooooo, what was the verdict….mums the word?

I was hoping to find out before the offer expired yesterday.
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    They did respond just not in this thread. Its in the bug/known issues

• Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★

They did respond just not in this thread. Its in the bug/known issues

Hey! Redsoxpatsfan! long time!
  • SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    Update please..........
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    It’s only around noon for them I believe (honestly don’t know their time zone for sure but someone mentioned something earlier about it) and I am sure they have a schedule to keep up with and gotta get done what they need to get done before they can make any announcements.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

It’s only around noon for them I believe (honestly don’t know their time zone for sure but someone mentioned something earlier about it) and I am sure they have a schedule to keep up with and gotta get done what they need to get done before they can make any announcements.

there have been a number of things done today, including kabam boo making an official announcement about the cav eq, so they're definitely working
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    No response to my ticket either
This discussion has been closed.