**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to Awaken and R5? Void vs Mr Negative?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
I've recently pulled Mister Negative and taken him to r4. He looks cool; he can do huge degeneration damage (although largely linked to his SP2) and has utility. But outside of his SP2, his damage is okay at best. From the utility perspective, he's got good abilities to reduce his opponents Power Gain, and surprisingly good regeneration, on his SP3, plus a solid Bulwark passive on SP1, making him very sustainable. He's also got fairly unique degeneration resistance, which will make him great vs degeneration from various Mystic opponents, Warlock, and nodes like Icarus, Rising Sun, and Starburst (don't know if he works against Brute Force; and I have suspicions he won't against Bane or Life Transfer - ?@BitterSteel?)

I've got several generic 5*Awakening Gems, and huge numbers of Science Sig Stones; many due to expire shortly. I could easily Awaken him and take him to Sig150+.

However: I also have a Void available at r2...

Void is a long-standing, tried and tested champ who is generically adaptable, and can fight in many scenarios; whilst Mr Negative is going to be less generally versatile, but more useful in specific scenarios involving Degeneration or Nullify/Stagger.

I've got important synergy partners for them already at R5 - Stealthy for MrN, and Vision and Killmonger for Void.

I've also got other decent Power Control and Healing control options like Warlock and Dr Doom who are regulars on my questing team, and cover quite a bit of what Void can do.

I can Awaken, Sig up and R5 one of them.

My suspicion is that Mr Negative will be more fun, but that Void will get more done, in more scenarios.

What are people's thoughts on Awakening and ranking up Void (Tried and tested, generally adaptable, might be a bit slow) Vs Mr Negative (new, specific utility, needs careful gameplay and SP2 to access damage)?

Game areas to consider: Act 7, AW, Variants, future Boss Rushes.
Thanks for any votes and advice.

@Moosetiptronic @TitoBandito187

Who to Awaken and R5? Void vs Mr Negative? 41 votes

Void
75%
Haji_SaabOliverJWMasterduxDoom_and_GloomRockypantherxgforcefanEtjamaAdamb208PoketanStaphMemberItsClobberinTimeRenaxqqGlassbackLpoohoundogακιJr_StarkDrauglin0casual0Thanks_D19Amneties 31 votes
Mister Negative
24%
Fingers99MysterioRockyshockyBollandRouger4CrcrcrcCowabungaDraconic_12CryptoRollZombiesXD1 10 votes

Comments

• GlassbackGlassback Posts: 378 ★★★
    Void
    I think it’s like you said, Mister Neg is satisfying when you pull off the big damage.

Void can handle all kinds of content.

If you haven’t got CapIW or HT, I’d go with void.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Ah, this is tough @Magrailothos !!

For what void does and what he's useful for, there's no beating him. Although... If you have capiw max sig and torch at 5/65, then he's not critical to a roster. Missing either of them and he's such a Swiss army knife.

And he does need the Awakening.

I also appreciate that with the new focus on 6 stars, that taking up two 5* to 5/65 can feel a little like a waste, so if your take up one, it may be the last science that you take up to 5/65. As duping 6*s is still a challenge, then the one that needs the dupe, void, is possibly the most relevant.

Because if you pull a 6* void, you won't feel like the 5/65 is a waste.

Personally, I don't like void (being a suicide user is a large part of that!!) and will leave mine unranked, I have others that can fill the role. But in your case, I think he could be right...

Lastly, void's playstyle is somewhat unique; dance around the enemy, spam sp1, often in power control matches, not really hitting them at all. But if you run kullmonger then he can be used a little more bluntly.

Whereas, mr negative seems a bit more like a brawler; despite void being better, if you like a more direct gameplay approach, then go with the more fun champ. Superficially, Mr negative looks fun.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Magrailothos I think the cases are outlined above already. I don't have a Mr. Negative to compare either so can't weigh in on him.

What I can say, is Void is still pretty unique and the "best" at what he does since he doesn't care what class the opponent is. That said, yeah, Torch, Cap IW and Warlock do some of his work (pretty well too and especially if running despair and petrify masteries), but in different ways. Fear the Void, is there pretty much the entire fight once it kicks in and the debuffs keep coming so he's almost always a good option. Plus, did you know he can parry Mordo at the cost of removing one debuff?

For me, Void fills the Niche where you cannot parry reliably (Mordo, stun immune, fista cuffs, aegis) and/or when fighting an incinerate opponent (Mephisto). I'll be honest though, I do usually take HT over Void, but it really does depend on the fight. For instance, I chose Void over torch for my initial abyss clear as he felt like the safer option to deal with Mephisto, Mordo and fixit and has no reliance on prefight, like Torch does in certain matchups where the defender is incinerate immune or where you need Nova flames in more than one fight.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.

Personally, I am mostly only focusing on 6* moving forward ... Unless a champ needs that high sig and functions better with it and provided something that most other champs don't.

So, as I just finally got CapIW, even though I already have a max sig 5* Void, max sig 5* torch and R3 6* torch/warlock, I still r5d capIW and am working to sig him up to max. They're all worth having if you have the resources and time to take them up eventually.

I am leary of taking up 5* that don't need dupe though. With my luck, the 6* will drop right after I r4 or R5 them and then it feels like the 5* resources were kind of wasted.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Thanks guys. And it was thinking of taking on the Abyss that was making me think of Void as I don't have Torch (or Awakened CAIW) above 4*. So it's good to know he worked for you there, @TitoBandito187.

Void it is then. And a Level Up Event should be here soon...
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Thanks guys. And it was thinking of taking on the Abyss that was making me think of Void as I don't have Torch (or Awakened CAIW) above 4*. So it's good to know he worked for you there, @TitoBandito187.

Void it is then. And a Level Up Event should be here soon...

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Definitely a useful and solid rankup. Max sig will definitely help in abyss too.
  • WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    Void
    As the owner of a 5* rank 5 sig 200 void I would like to mention one thing others haven't mentioned here. My favorite thing about void is how safe he feels to play. His debuffs place on a timer so if you need to wait for what ever reason and can't hit the opponent to get to the sp1 you still won't lose out on much of his utility. The debuffs themselves also do a solid amount of dot which can add up over time which once again allows him to play slower and safer. And finally the biggest thing is his massive health pool my rank 5 has almost 40k health which means if you do slip up you have a better chance to continue fighting. His utility, solid damage, and safe playstyle make him one of my favorite champs to use
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

As the owner of a 5* rank 5 sig 200 void I would like to mention one thing others haven't mentioned here. My favorite thing about void is how safe he feels to play. His debuffs place on a timer so if you need to wait for what ever reason and can't hit the opponent to get to the sp1 you still won't lose out on much of his utility. The debuffs themselves also do a solid amount of dot which can add up over time which once again allows him to play slower and safer. And finally the biggest thing is his massive health pool my rank 5 has almost 40k health which means if you do slip up you have a better chance to continue fighting. His utility, solid damage, and safe playstyle make him one of my favorite champs to use

Thanks. Agreed, it's a very different style of play; which can, in itself, enable him to dictate the pace of the fight.

And also: love the name, mate!
  • WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    Void

Thanks. Agreed, it's a very different style of play; which can, in itself, enable him to dictate the pace of the fight.

And also: love the name, mate!
    Thanks, yeah I do really like how he controls the fight you can play aggressive or defensive with ease. Also love your name too.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Void
    It seems they’ve been tweaking a lot of the newer champs (Odín, Moleman, Nova, Moleman again, Terrax, etc). For better or worse.

Void has been “tried and tested” as you said and is not likely to have anything changed. I’m always hesitant these days to invest in champs until they’ve reached the basic pool.