**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Who are your favourite 2021 champions so far?

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

um yeah hasn't been updated with Peni Parker and Spiderman 2099 yet, but I'm happy for people to include those two in there

Who are your top 3 favourite champions released in 2021 thus far? This can be for any reason. (IMO choosing your faves based on who's the 'most useful in-game' is boring, but hey you're allowed to do that if you want)

My favourite 3 releases so far have been (in no particular order, apart from Peni, who is OBVIOUSLY first place)

Mister Negative (those animations tho)
Silver Centurion (that victory animation tho, that cracks me up every time)
and Peni Parker (i mean come on it's anime spidey, what's not to love?)

with Hercules coming in at a VERY close 4th. He's awesome but that pec bounce gives me nightmares.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    MN, Silver Centurion, and Spidey 2099. Too bad this year has had mostly awful/mediocre champs with only 2 that are really, really good
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Shang chi, psychoman, haven't played any of the others for more then like 5mins as a 3*.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Shang-chi
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Spider-Man 2099 is my favorite already
    America Chavez as well
    Mr Negative third
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Mister Negative
    Hercules
    Open tryouts for 3rd (hint Spidey2099)
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    1.Peni Parker (she looks well designed and I like her kit and animations, playstyle also seems engaging enough)

2.Mr Negative ( Probably the most fun playstyle of any champ released this year)

3.Hercules ( free spot because blitzing through fights is a fun and immortality leads to interesting match ups)
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

America Chavez as well
    Mr Negative third

I reserve my opinion on this months champs, but I can agree with you I think 2099 and peni are gonna be amazing I am pumped
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I think Shang and Herc are objectively the easy choices. I don’t think we’ve seen everything that Chavez, Purgatory, overseer, Mr. N, and Sigil Witch can do. Otherwise, the new champs are promising, and the others seems duddy.
  • SliceandDiceSliceandDice Posts: 63
    Stryfe
    Purgatory
    peni
  • sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 246 ★★★
    I really like Jabari Panther, even though I don't have her.
  • UnitmanUnitman Posts: 238 ★★
    sherin_66 said:

I really like Jabari Panther, even though I don't have her.

I think she’s gonna make a really good attacker in aw.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I haven't played around with vast majority of them (so I can't judge), but those that I own I enjoy. I own only Stryfe, Super Skrull and Jubilee.

I have been enjoying Stryfe and Super Skrull very much
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Spider-Man 2099 - looks sick
    Mr Negative - looks sick
    Odin - is a god
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Stryfe obviously lol.

But I have to say Shang chi and Hercules are very fun, and negative looks cool, and I like the mixture of the light and dark play styles.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    Jubilee swigil chavez and purgatory are my favs this year so far thats been released even if not as good i love all there animations and special looks
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I'm biased towards Mutants, so Stryfe then Jubilee.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

I'm biased towards Mutants, so Stryfe then Jubilee.

hey a mutant bias is definitely a valid reason

but I'm just interested; who would your favourite non-mutants released this year be then?
    Crcrcrc said:

MN, Silver Centurion, and Spidey 2099. Too bad this year has had mostly awful/mediocre champs with only 2 that are really, really good

honestly I'm fine with most of the champs this month being middle of the pack. For the most part they still tend to stand out one way or another IMO (eg. i'd argue psycho man stood out with his more advanced AI manipulation; too bad he doesn't utilise it all that well) and with the whole 'buffing underperforming champs' thing (both in terms of they'll get buffed later AND they're stretching themselves here so it sorta makes sense it'll happen occasionally) I'm definitely fine with not every champ being insane (and don't get me started on my position on Ghost and Quake)
    Bendy said:

Jubilee swigil chavez and purgatory are my favs this year so far thats been released even if not as good i love all there animations and special looks

oh for sure Kabam's art department has been killing it as always
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Shang chi and negative. Everyone else has been a disappointment and not worth getting exited over
    Skiddy212 said:

America Chavez as well
    Mr Negative third

I reserve my opinion on this months champs, but I can agree with you I think 2099 and peni are gonna be amazing I am pumped
    I love his animations so much. He’s just so cool

Shang chi and negative. Everyone else has been a disappointment and not worth getting exited over

Hercules wants to know your location

Yay. Another cosmic ramp up champ. That’s definitely what this game needed.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I LOVE Shang Chi. Great champion.

Purgatory was a little meh, but she's super fun to play.

I mean I’d rather Omega Sentinel, but I can’t deny Hercules is broken
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

But Hercules is actually good?
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm looking at Peni (damn you autocorrect!) to be the meta-definer of the pack. Great kit, even if I'm not too thrilled about her "infinity+1" autoblock. A good new tech champion, anyways.

Beyond her, Shang and Herc. They both hang with the top dogs in their class, but overall I think I enjoy Shang more.

I haven't even ranked my Herc yet, which I got from a random frustration Cav, but will eventually. As long as they can't counter his Immortality, he's basically Unitman. Don't have a proper counter? Rev it up, rev it up. 🎶

But Hercules is actually good?
    So is most of the cosmic class. What’s your point?