**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on no side quest

marino123marino123 Posts: 475 ★★★
I am personally looking forward to the fact that there is no side quest this month. It was becoming kind of repetitive and a daily grind for rewards that are good, once they add up.

With no side quest, i think it will be more of enjoying the game and less of daily 'job' of finishing a task.

Thr login calendar from 23 August is kind of something that I'm looking forward to as well.

Lemme know your thoughts and you feel about the no side quest month. Would you want it to be a regular thing?

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Wasn't there an announcement about a spiderman quest(new chapter/quest weekly)? I know that the main post says no SQ but I remember seeing a post about a quest.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Seems like we have to do a bit of arena in place of it to get max rewards. So I guess that can be the time filler.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Does no Side quest mean no Event quest?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    I'm fine with it, for a change-up, since it means I'll have more time to grind the bonus arena.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Wasn't there an announcement about a spiderman quest(new chapter/quest weekly)? I know that the main post says no SQ but I remember seeing a post about a quest.

That was a necro by someone of an announcement post from 2019.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    There’s no sq directly linked to the event quest but there will still be activities that need to be completed. Objectives, SOP, eq arena and I believe there is another quest. They probably left out the actual side quest because there was already a ton coming out to do.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

After the month we just did I am so excited for a break

Betrayed iHulk again? And I’m happy with no SQ since I have my exams
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

After the month we just did I am so excited for a break

Betrayed iHulk again? And I’m happy with no SQ since I have my exams
    I'm actually super excited for Spidey 2099, going all in with a ridiculous amount of units on his cavs

Malreck04 said:

That was a necro by someone of an announcement post from 2019.
    Man, I got trolled hard on that one.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

SQ is about the only thing I do in-game during summer. Cav EQ is pointless for me (32 paths w 7 defenders is too much effort for 1/3 10% t5cc nexus). I don't mind no SQ, but in light of the Summoner event, that requires daily fights, it feels a bit strange

I'll never understand why they went with 3.4.5.5.6.7 format when comes to boss fights lol

Kerneas said:

SQ is about the only thing I do in-game during summer. Cav EQ is pointless for me (32 paths w 7 defenders is too much effort for 1/3 10% t5cc nexus). I don't mind no SQ, but in light of the Summoner event, that requires daily fights, it feels a bit strange

I'll never understand why they went with 3.4.5.5.6.7 format when comes to boss fights lol
    I guess it makes it easier to explore the first chapter, which is what Kabam was pushing for when revamping Cav EQ, they talked about how moving stuff to exploration will incentivize newer Cavs to be rewarded for exploring less than the entire thing.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’ve got a lot of arena to catch up on after ST challenge costing more than it should have. I’m only at 6.6k/18k units right now
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

It makes the exploration of subsequent chapters and quests progressively more difficult. However the Cav EQ has crossed a line for me. Not that it's difficult, but the fights take longer and some paths are pretty annoying. Exploration of Chapter 3 is the main reason why I avoid it. 6+7 paths, each w 6 fights + new boss. The biggest trouble is the energy cost+time consumption. Each path is ~50 energy, which takes 5 hours to recharge and refills are expensive. And if you are like me and mess up at times, you have to restart a path, losing a ton of energy.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    This month's side quest will basically be the arena grind for snapshots
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    While I'm happy about it, I dread it as well. Objectives in this game are usually boring and mind-numbing especially if it's the crappy "end fights with light attack using champs that kill the opponent with debuffs preventing you from achieving the objective" kind of bs.
    I forsee this month being even more grindy and boring than last month.
  • AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    I liked the last side quest - mostly for the rewards. I'm curious how much of a grind it will be to complete the objectives next month. I'm not into 100 % completion of EQ (it's a bore) and not into arena.
    But the rewards look decent so I guess I'm gonna try to find those champs that need to be defeated.

In general: Side quests over EQ hands down.
  • Proman1Proman1 Posts: 41
    We need the side quests
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Love it, I like the break, however I don’t want it to be a normal thing. Here and there is nice thought, especially after a very repetitive SQ like we just had (even though the rewards were good IMO)

• Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I didn’t like the large objectives for the psycho man side quest so I doubt I’ll like it this month
  • Shadow_Blade11Shadow_Blade11 Posts: 66
    I havent decided yet. For me it depends on, if the objectives are all out from the start and i can pick and choose which ones to do when to earn the token things thats great. If its like the sunglasses then idk i if would like it. It also seems like we can get quite a but of stuff this month so thats a plus. Ill be able to work more on the EQ and hopefully do all or most of the difficulties.
  • VivavengerVivavenger Posts: 75
    Well I think so it would be good without a side quest cause it won't take much time to do the objectives