**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is wrong with SoP Emma?

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
I hold block and she is in armor Phase and randomly shoots SP1 and SP2.

When you hold block enemy only throws in like 1% of cases their SP into your block normaly.

And she has the passive armor phase as well. Doesn't make any sense.

Well I guess I have a week to get used to this -_-

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I think the SOP AI in general acts like it has an aggression node. Might just be how my playstyle interacts with the AI but I’ve definitely noticed more aggression in SoP

Umm, Rogue? Mistress of floating and stupidly passive ai
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

MojoHater said:

This is just so annoying...
    they need to nerf it and remove kinetic transference ffs

i love how people complain that summer of pain is too easy and then complain that it's too hard. there's just no middle ground anymore
    I mean, person. Singular. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody else say it’s *too* hard or needs a nerf, just that it is hard.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

For me whenever she was in armour phase she gained:

- special intercept (proficiency 100)
    - light intercept (proficiency 100)

I got really annoyed with myself as whenever she did this she was barely below 90%

I got tired and just used Guardian. He's auto block on mutant special attacks is extremely clutch.

Guardian FTW
  • Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 148 ★★
    When I saw she was throwing her specials whenever she was on her Armor Phase, I immediately changed my playstyle. What i did, I was prepared for her to throw specials in armor phase and after dexing the attack i got opening to attack her while she was on her phase. Basically I just took the advantage of attacking her while she was in Armor Phase. Worked like a charm. Yeah my damage was not that good but as I used Stealth Spidey, Torch and Ghost for Objectives they sure did benefit from it. Stealth Crits most of the time, and every hit of Torch was giving her Nova Flame
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    i found emmas is the best ai so far after venom. i could heavy spam in the corner even when she had a bar of power as long as she was in armour pahse
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    I feel like Mysterio just got a worthy opponent.
  • LudaLuda Posts: 20
    I think this Emma is fine besides the reverse controls on specials. Ugh, it just sucks when you accidently dash the wrong way and lose all of your health. Guess I'll just have to get used to the motions more.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Well I guess fighting her often helps.

Got 2 Solos so only skill is left.

This week is hard.
    Maybe I will just revive Nick when it becomes too annoying 😅
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Oscillate. It affects the opponents AI based on the fury or armor up. Armor up means she becomes ROL winter soldier. Fury means she will play aggressive and throw her specials more often, as if it were a passive taunt but instead increases her damage. While she has the armor up pssive you can heavy attack her in the corner repeatedly with low risk of emma throwing a special attack. Up to you if you want to risk it. Fun fight i must say, once you get the pattern down. Perfect SOP fight. Props to the kabam team.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

While she has the armor up pssive you can heavy attack her in the corner repeatedly with low risk of emma throwing a special attack. Up to you if you want to risk it.

This is what I did with HT, just crazily throw chained heavies (around 5 - 6) and risk her throw SP3 slower than mine. Each time I took her ~30-35% health. Not a good strategy but I have no clues to handle her yet, even though I watched many YT vids ytd.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★

I had no problem with her using aegon r3, then using r5 void,

I cannot do the female fight. I don’t play any. I’m getting crushed. I cannot handle this light intercept, and armor phase on champs I never play. I’m a disgrace.

50-100 tries, all useless best I did was 20%

Try ghost. She absolutely destroyed Emma for me.

Just can't do normal ghost stuff. Treat her like normal champ and do backdraft intercepts during fury phase. I found it best to do 3 or 4 hit combos rather than 1 becuase the ai would occasionally pause in its pursuit and light intercept me instead. Push her to her side during armor phase to have more room. Dex sp1.rinse and repeat.

Makes sure to do specials during fury to maximize damage. That's it...I know easier said than done but she worked
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Guardian was great. 1 revive
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★

Wondering if anyone has tried red mags? I'm thinking if I just get the evades down it should work over time. Also, could an unduped guardian or caiw do the trick?

I tried him early in my testing. He'll eventually work but my God it'll be a long fight. I quit out. I just couldn't. Of course I have a Prof X who is way better and faster so that's made it easier to be...snobby.