**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Again Heal Block in the EQ?

2»

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@Worknprogress this is a dumb take, even from you. I dont run suicides personally, but i understand the frustration. Having healblock in an entire quest unnecessarily penalizes a specific popular mastery setup, and changing to and from that setup is quite expensive, just for a quest. It is like locking a quest behind a gate that NEEDS MD5 which is quite stupid.

I understand the frustration, I just don't care. Healthpools across the entire game get tuned vs people running suicides and OP DPS champs which makes using anyone else that much worse. I deal with garbage in AQ and everywhere else in game bc people just cheese stuff with Corvus, Magneto, and Ghost everyday so things won't ever get adjusted. So sorry if I don't have any sympathy that people get inconvenienced in an event quest every few months
    Many feel like Suicides is a QOL decision. Arena, grindy side quests, AQ... of course it helps. Who wouldn't want to reduce their time spent on these by 60%? We just don't like the design concept of "just slap heal block on it". Or by the same token.. "just slap true focus on it". It comes across as lazy and has side effects. The true focus "solution" nerfs other champs that weren't the target. For example.
    I get that. It's a decision nonetheless. They are just as easily removed as they are put on. You either care enough to run them the rest of the time and then remove them when inconvenienced or you care enough to run them and then use other champs when inconvenienced. You can't expect everything to cater to your specific choices bc that's silly. It's like all of 7.2 had heal block on it, it's one quest in a monthly event.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

This is most "your" fault then their's.
    Either don't use suicides or use champions that can counter them

What's your reasoning behind this? Why shouldn't I be able to run suicides for this quest?
    Kabam has decided to boost a particular class in each quest and if you run suicides you only have 4 viable options from the skill class. Suicide users shouldn't have this penalty just because they prefer to run this matsery set-up
    This is like saying people that don't use them shouldn't have to deal with longer arena and quest fights bc they choose not to use them. Your mastery setup is a choice not a right.
    Difference is that it doesn't actively hurt to not run suicides in arena. There isn't a node that unreasonably punishes 80%+ of the champs in the game by forcing health loss. That's not a good comparison at all.
    Slower fights are a penalty regardless. If someone doesn't like any cosmic champs and choose to not rank them up, should Kabam delete the cosmic quest from EQ for them?

Heal block exists in this game. It's not a new node. If you want to run those masteries, figure out how to deal with it or just change them.
    Time is not a penalty for most. The only people who care about speed are those top 5% who are pushing to stay there. The cosmic quest can be done by any champ regardless. All classes are affected by a global quest heal block. It's not even comparable.

And yes, heal block LANES exist in the game. Tell me where else Heal Block is implemented in an entire quest apart from the Cav Skill EQ?
    The skill quest can be done with any champ as well. Use a robot
    That's a bad take and you know it. Your bitterness towards those who want to run suicides all the time while you can't or don't want to, shows. Valid criticism of the way an entire quest is penalising the large majority of the games champs because of a fundamental core game mechanic, being masteries, is not good game design. Having a bad take because of your own bitterness is not a good argument.
    It's not a bad take. I'm also not bitter, I used to run them full time but swapping for things like this and placing defense became too much hassle so I stopped. I made that choice bc I was inconvenienced, I didn't come here and start whinging about bad design just bc things don't fit what I want. Expecting things to cater to you is just being entitled.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Ronin and OG BP can also purify debuffs. Any robot/double immune works. Claire. And as somebody else mentioned, Fury+deadpool with a single immune will give you no debuffs (and should even start you with one fury)
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    You dont need to use a skill champ tho
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

Of course not. Tbh, I've never used any items to complete these. And I can even do them with skill champs too. R1 unduped HM (with Nick and Dpx) says hi. It's just the principal, for me. Of blanket nodes across a whole map. I just think it's counterintuitive to design all these nodes for skill champs, then push some folks to use robots or Ghost. 🙄 These Cav quests are supposed to discourage the use of "OP meta champs".
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

You do not have to, but the entire point of the nodes is to create incentive to use a certain class while thinking outside the box. I think the better argument is that skill by definition is the class that shrugs debuffs- use those champs. Sure it limits a little more, but you still have options.

Personally, I think there are better solutions than heal block, so I would rather see some of those (namely, a 75% reduction in healing abilities), but to say not to use a skill champ for the entire skill quest defeats the entire QOL adjustment made by including these nodes in the first place.
    Agree with this. This solution of not using skill champ is more akin to the suggestion to use a 3* champ to increase difficulty artificially.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    The idea of suicide masteries is that you take some damage to deal more damage.

If anything being poison immune I think should also make you immune to liquid courage, and similar for bleed and double edge.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    You don’t have to convince the naysayers, just good to get these concerns out and heard, People make the choice to run suicides, they also make the choice to complain when kabam make frustrating design choices, that is their right, doesn’t really need arguing with, this forum is full of toxic arguments for every relevant concern, kind of love watching valid concerns get fixed by kabam after a monster thread of people mocking and belittling it. (Ie the parry bug had plenty of disbelievers, the bugged notification for the 90 day summer event, the gold shortage pre incursions, the t1a shortage 3 years ago. Pretty much every valid concern, forums have a natural attraction for people that love arguing and nit picking
  • BalambkBalambk Posts: 13

Like Kabam do you even listen to our feedback? If you had then you would already know how much of a BS node the skill one is.
    If you run suicides you are practically screwed. You are gonna have only 4 options (Aegon, Mole-Man, Hit-Monkey, Shang-Chi) from the skill class out of 34 champs!!!
    Is this your idea for fun content? No one is gonna spend 60+ units on mastery change just for this quest.

Heal block in EQ, Heal block in AW, what's next? Heal block in the arena? Heal block in story content?

(https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268866/why-is-there-a-heal-block-passive-in-eq
    Previous thread on this BS node)

It's okay I removed suicides since the cav quest and it's nodes like my r5 sig200 void 100% this months 1.1 easily cause the node so we dnt need suicides keep em off anywhere exwpt arena its cost potions.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh right, forgot my obligatory "I hate Global Heal Block" post for this month.

"Do I think it's a good design?"

Yes! It's excellent at generating this discussion every single month that it's use, now and in the future. Really enjoy all this divisiveness and negativity that it generates, haha. Nothing brings this community together like hating on each other for dumb things.

"Why don't you just _____?"

Chances are a) I did already, b) You said a rude thing, or c) Both a and b are true. Quest is done already, I have good counters, yada-yada.

Well anyways, see you guys the next time this setup is used! It's not like all this fracas could be avoided by something like clearing Suicide debuffs at the start of the fight. No way it'd be that simple, lol.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Like Kabam do you even listen to our feedback? If you had then you would already know how much of a BS node the skill one is.
    If you run suicides you are practically screwed. You are gonna have only 4 options (Aegon, Mole-Man, Hit-Monkey, Shang-Chi) from the skill class out of 34 champs!!!
    Is this your idea for fun content? No one is gonna spend 60+ units on mastery change just for this quest.

Heal block in EQ, Heal block in AW, what's next? Heal block in the arena? Heal block in story content?

(https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268866/why-is-there-a-heal-block-passive-in-eq
    Previous thread on this BS node)

I find it pretty bad it's on the skill paths ... that heal block appears to be total nerf to Nick Fury .. (I took him once, lost my LMD, and the 2nd phase playing at something stupid like 5% health ... O.o like, wtf?

so that's pretty lame cheese right there.

I can understand them wanting to prevent easy willpower healing during this path, because of the debuffs the nodes is dropping on you ... (and they want you to use a purify champ for the bonus) .. but yeah, once again, a very poorly thought out process/node/interaction ..

*sigh*
    if you really want to "nerf" willpower, but reward use of skill champs .. change the heal block node to:

"non-skill champions are heal blocked"

there, easy ... doesn't screw nick fury .. encourages/rewards use of skill champs .. win-win ..
    *shrug*

If it seems too easy, then perhaps they need to take this entire idea back to the drawing board ;)