**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will a moderator please respond to the emergency maintenance?

I’m reposting an earlier comment I made from another thread in the hopes that a moderator might address this:

I’m curious to see if the administrators will actually address this on the forums. And more so, will we get something in return for the lost time, energy refills, fights that were compromised, etc, etc, etc. Should we expect another “lofty standards” message with something like 50 PHC shards for recompensation? I’m guessing we’ll get nothing at all since “emergency maintenance” is assumed to be an expected part of the game, and we should probably “plan accordingly”, or something like that. Though how we can plan for emergency maintenance is beyond me. Just so frustrating that Kabam puts so much effort into warning us about scheduled maintenance (and that is appreciated by a lot of us, even if it is not expressed nearly often enough), only to have us plan our playing time around it and be hosed by emergency maintenance more than 30 minutes before scheduled maintenance was supposed to start.

Comments

• BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    a mod posted in the other categories, I forget each one but I'm sure you could find it.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    We're not supposed to plan for emergency maintenance, we're supposed to plan for planned maintenance. You're confusing the two.

Tonight there was emergency maintenance just before the planned maintenance. Does it suck? Yep. What do you want them to say? "**** broke unexpectedly cause software can do that".
  • PraetextatusPraetextatus Posts: 16
    I hear ya roastedbagel, but I think I worded my thoughts wrong. I didn’t mean to say we should plan for emergency maintenance. I was saying that Kabam would probably tell us that we should “plan accordingly”. Maybe a better phrase would’ve been more in line with what you’re saying, I.e., “expect the unexpected” or something to that effect.

In other words, all games have unexpected glitches, unexpected downtime, etc., I get that. What is just so frustrating about this situation is that most of us had planned for scheduled maintenance and then the emergency maintenance happened right before it. I know emergency issues are unpredictable in video games, but the timing was just so much more damned inconvenient because scheduled maintenance was coming so soon afterward.
  • I have to agree. The game goes down for emergency maintenance quite often, especially after the new update. Which is sad because this new update is really really good in my opinion.

There should be some basic rewards given. Some energy refills would go a long way in my mind helping to make up the lost time after AQ and AW series, this time would be used by a lot of players to do master quests and arena grinds.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I hear ya roastedbagel, but I think I worded my thoughts wrong. I didn’t mean to say we should plan for emergency maintenance. I was saying that Kabam would probably tell us that we should “plan accordingly”. Maybe a better phrase would’ve been more in line with what you’re saying, I.e., “expect the unexpected” or something to that effect.

In other words, all games have unexpected glitches, unexpected downtime, etc., I get that. What is just so frustrating about this situation is that most of us had planned for scheduled maintenance and then the emergency maintenance happened right before it. I know emergency issues are unpredictable in video games, but the timing was just so much more damned inconvenient because scheduled maintenance was coming so soon afterward.

So you understand that stuff happens that isn't planned, and because it happened before something that was planned happened you're frustrated, especially since you didn't plan on being frustrated because you didn't plan on not being inconvenienced by the unplanned disruption before the planned disruption which you understand but nonetheless frustrates you? Ok.
  • @Praetextatus you get pre planned bonus points for that
    Thanks CYNDRDBODY, but that was off the cuff, no planning, just to respond in kind to the sarcasm.

To HOPEFULLY avoid further sarcasm, let me sum up my original point as succinctly as I can:

****/emergency maintenance happens in any game. The timing of this one right before already scheduled maintenance was just so damned inconvenient as to warrant mention and ask for a response from the administrators/moderators if they have the time to.

If that’s not simple enough, maybe this will be: emergency maintenance; happens, understood. Scheduled maintenance, we’ve been warned, thank you (sincerely) for the heads up Kabam. Emergency maintenance 1/2 hour before scheduled maintenance? Not cool, but again, **** happens, I understand. We hope you give us some kind of recompense for the inconvenience.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    As to why emergency maintenance has occurred I’ve got nothing, but as a friend said to me once, if you get a premium and plan on getting a 2* champ you’ll never be disappointed, the same goes with compensation, plan for nothing and who knows we may be surprised...at best we could be left with the chance to feel the grass/dirt under our feet the wind in our hair...could be an opportunity...or not depends on your perspective.
  • ChunkChunk Posts: 67
    Truth be told, there's maintenance for a reason. They're probably too busy trying to fix the game to respond.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I’ve not played a game that has this many unexpected maintenance or scheduled maintenance issues. If World Of Warcraft can manage to keep their servers up with hundreds of thousands of players operating in a 3 dimensional space... we should expect to have no more than a monthly maintenance on a fighting game on my phone.......

WoW had maintenance every Tuesday, every week without fail. And without fail it was 8 hours minimum. Not to mention at expansion times it has went down for close to 72 hours. If you played wow you would be used to it.
  • Games up
  • AdonislinkAdonislink Posts: 27
    LOST MY STREAK BECAUSE OF THIS FRIGGIN MAINTENANCE!!!!! Fought 1 fight (won) after it came up, but went back down. Came up and showed I lost that one. Fought the second fight in same match (won) then the game went back down. Came back up and it gave me 100 bc’s for winning 1 fight! WTF!?!? I only fought 2, BUT YOU “GIVE” me 1!! Now I gotta start the streak all over!?! You know how ANNOYING that is!?!? Theres gotta be reparations for this RIDICULOUSNESS!!! #PISSED!!!!
    I feel your frustration Adonislink, I’m right there with you. Compensation would be nice, but as Scud77 said, we should expect nothing and hope to be surprised.

Getting back on point with my main question in starting this thread: I’m wondering if the moderators will address the emergency maintenance at all in the forums. I would, again, please ask that they do so.
This discussion has been closed.