**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Peni Parker Autoblock

Comments

• DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 180 ★★

Drauglin said:

Falcon’s lock-on works against Peni’s auto-block

How? It should be immune to AA reduction.
    Dash back hold block to activate. Whether or not her autoblock is unaffected by AA his lock on worked every time. Only champion I used that didn’t have an issue with her.

• DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 180 ★★
    mgj0630 said:

Drauglin said:

Falcon’s lock-on works against Peni’s auto-block

How? It should be immune to AA reduction.
    It doesn't work. I personally tried it. I'm guessing he assumed it would work cause it's not a variation of the true strikes that are called out in her kit, but hasn't actually tried it.

But you're right @KnightZero, the AAR from his Lock On doesn't prevent her auto-block.
    I tried it that’s why I suggested Falcon. Worked every time for me.

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

I haven't gotten to her yet as I somehow enjoy 100% each chapter before I move on but with how it read above. Shouldn't champs like Falcon and Angela be able to avoid her auto block?

Everyone in the thread has been saying she isn't affected by ability acc reduction but that's only from True Strike, True Sense and True Accuracy so champs who don't use those and counter Auto Block should work fine yeah?

You're missing this

Saiyan said:

I haven't gotten to her yet as I somehow enjoy 100% each chapter before I move on but with how it read above. Shouldn't champs like Falcon and Angela be able to avoid her auto block?

Everyone in the thread has been saying she isn't affected by ability acc reduction but that's only from True Strike, True Sense and True Accuracy so champs who don't use those and counter Auto Block should work fine yeah?

You're missing this
    I 100% missed that. Cool thanks. Guess Red Mags is the way. I really don't understand why Kabam would make a champ that counters the counters to a mechanic. Same with Spiderman 2099. She can auto block most things and can block heavy attacks also. She like the best Cosmic class counter if you think about it. They could have at least make her abilities go into cooldown for a few second when a cosmic champ applies an armor break to her jeez.
    Lazy ability creation imo. Give her autoblock and let it counter anything that counters autoblock.
    Give S99 added physical Resistance and let it counter the ability that counters the added resistance.
    Yeah the S2099 one baffles me. He now has a resistance to an ability that ignores all resistances. Makes perfect sense.

How about we all come up with champs who counter her then.

Red Mags: Metal King (cept vs Colossus)
    Super Skrull: Undermine
    Annihlus with the Darkhawk synergy: Becomes unblockable when hitting auto block so he should burst right through and he's immune to power control effcts when his rod is up.
    Venom (kinda): Being immune to power drain/burn from techs helps
    King Groot (Unawakened): Can't be power drained and doesn't have the healing to be blocked and damaged by her. and auto block makes him more angry to get more fury.
    Shang Chi: On demand unblockable

Champs with easy to access unblockable attacks (Carnage, Dragonman, etc)
    Champs that do higher than normal block penetration (Yondo, Massacre, etc).
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Parry heavy champs also work I think?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I haven't fought (or even seen) her yet, as I'm camping and haven't downloaded the Update yet. No idea what nodes she's got or anything.

But, reading this thread, and her spotlight - has anyone tried this guy?

Massive block penetration; if he hits her, can inflict lots of burst damage despite her Incinerate Immunity; once ignited he can generate power when hitting into her block; and if she Autoblocks his SP2 she'll take a shedload of damage.

Masacre sounds like an option to me; but as I said: haven't tried it myself.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Nope. She can resist heavies lol.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Can confirm magneto absolutely wrecks her.

Parry heavy - R2 6* was doing 14k heavies, actually a really easy fight.

Finished her off with a 272k sp2 (whilst stunned)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Nope. She can resist heavies lol.
    Well that sucks.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Hopefully these two champions mean that we get some new buffs and cool counters to the issues we're currently facing.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    What about ma main man moledude
    Was also gonna suggest my other main man, the king of bugs and the negative zone (with Darkhawk synergy). Or spam specials with my boi AirWalker
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    GNASTY said:

What about ma main man moledude

She has an ability to ignore effects that would remove autoblock so true strike would be countered
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Voltolos said:

Neev_4321 said:

Except unblokable, the only character I think is a counter is nick fury who has permanent unblokable

She neuters his LMD so that isn't an option
    Unless you revive
    Wait, what??? How is that even possible, "neutering his LMD"?
    Her sig heal blocks him when he regens 5% of his max health
    Except his LMD isnt regeneration. This is the same nonsense we saw with the “heal prevention” node
    except it is. the game does not care for lore. if health is increasing then it is a regeneration effect . adrenaine being the only exception

Honestly, S99 and Peni are badly designed champs in terms of abilities imo. Honestly, I wouldn't like playing if this is the way forward. Meta change is one thing, but making abilities that counter the way to counter those actual abilities doesn't make sense to me. Stopping one type of counter is one thing, stopping nearly all is another.

well, slow is a thing. even if unstoppable procs it remains unaffective
    And how could I forget, my number one dawg, cavalryman Stryfe.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Honestly, S99 and Peni are badly designed champs in terms of abilities imo. Honestly, I wouldn't like playing if this is the way forward. Meta change is one thing, but making abilities that counter the way to counter those actual abilities doesn't make sense to me. Stopping one type of counter is one thing, stopping nearly all is another.

This isn't unstoppable. It's Autoblock. Both are completely different. And as far as I know, slow doesn't stop autoblock.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

Voltolos said:

Neev_4321 said:

Except unblokable, the only character I think is a counter is nick fury who has permanent unblokable

Unless you revive
    Except his LMD isnt regeneration. This is the same nonsense we saw with the “heal prevention” node
    except it is. the game does not care for lore. if health is increasing then it is a regeneration effect . adrenaine being the only exception
    Lore? I’m going off Nick fury’s listed abilities in game and what his spotlight says. Regeneration isn’t one of his abilites and yes I all about what kabam has said about his LMD and “heal prevention”. Somehow, heal prevention was intended to effect a champ with no actual regen ability.

• bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I took her down with Corvus, and didn't even lose 5% health.

This isn't unstoppable. It's Autoblock. Both are completely different. And as far as I know, slow doesn't stop autoblock.
    yeah i was thinking of something else

Voltolos said:

Neev_4321 said:

Unless you revive
    Lore? I’m going off Nick fury’s listed abilities in game and what his spotlight says. Regeneration isn’t one of his abilites and yes I all about what kabam has said about his LMD and “heal prevention”. Somehow, heal prevention was intended to effect a champ with no actual regen ability.

doesn't matter. all of this is flair words to make some sense of the game working for the user. if it truly were just a decoy, why would it bleed? why does nick only have specifically 30% health after coming back? why not just 1%? why not 99%?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

Nah, Peni has the awesome quirk of completely ignoring basically every ability that should counter her auto-block, making her extremely annoying to fight.

wait till she is on war defense, this hurts the game IMO.
    Pretty sure she’s a garbage defender
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Ercarret said:

Nah, Peni has the awesome quirk of completely ignoring basically every ability that should counter her auto-block, making her extremely annoying to fight.

wait till she is on war defense, this hurts the game IMO.
    Pretty sure she’s a garbage defender
    Only node where she might be a problem is explosive personality but then Corvus exists so
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i used Terrax .. didn't encounter any issues with auto block
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Try using power burn immune champion like King Groot or Venompool

Even if she auto-block your attack you won’t take damage from power burn