**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    DNA3000 said:

Swank777 said:

So, in order to get more of these tokens you have to spend money to get the extra milestone rewards? Or did I miss something?

Yes exactly. Summoner appreciation no longer exist, it's just a spending event now.
    It is just a spending event now except for the parts that are completely free and award the same amount of stuff as prior summoner appreciation calendars.
    Swank777 said:

I think they are trying to get everyone to quit and start playing the new game they made.

Giving players a ton of stuff for free is a very inefficient way of doing that. However, by making the event as confusing as possible they probably did get more people to post complaints on the forums, which is technically an increase in player engagement.
    It awards more if you join in spending. It gives nothing really what a few cav crystals? there is a side quest with rewards you can earn? But they are not giving anything away this year but a few 3* champs from cav crystals so yay.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Swank777 said:

DNA3000 said:

Swank777 said:

So, in order to get more of these tokens you have to spend money to get the extra milestone rewards? Or did I miss something?

Yes exactly. Summoner appreciation no longer exist, it's just a spending event now.
    It is just a spending event now except for the parts that are completely free and award the same amount of stuff as prior summoner appreciation calendars.
    Swank777 said:

I think they are trying to get everyone to quit and start playing the new game they made.

Giving players a ton of stuff for free is a very inefficient way of doing that. However, by making the event as confusing as possible they probably did get more people to post complaints on the forums, which is technically an increase in player engagement.
    It awards more if you join in spending. It gives nothing really what a few cav crystals? there is a side quest with rewards you can earn? But they are not giving anything away this year but a few 3* champs from cav crystals so yay.
    Spending gets you stuff, yes. Kabam should patent that invention.

And if the free part of the event gives nothing, the Summoner Appreciation calendar from last year gave less than nothing, as others have lined up all the rewards and compared the two, and basically the free event this year gives out a bit more stuff than the SAC gave out last year. So if you think the free event this year is nothing, I have no idea why you would miss last year's SAC. Is it because you like your nothing to come with less effort?
    DNA3000 said:

Swank777 said:

DNA3000 said:

Swank777 said:

Swank777 said:

Spending gets you stuff, yes. Kabam should patent that invention.

And if the free part of the event gives nothing, the Summoner Appreciation calendar from last year gave less than nothing, as others have lined up all the rewards and compared the two, and basically the free event this year gives out a bit more stuff than the SAC gave out last year. So if you think the free event this year is nothing, I have no idea why you would miss last year's SAC. Is it because you like your nothing to come with less effort?
    Yes people have compared rewards you can grind for this year to the calendar. Rewards we grind for are not free they are earned. The only free part of this spending event is a few cavalier crystals. Yes if you grind and spend your rewards are more depending on how much you grind or spend but free rewards are virtually nonexistent this year summoner appreciation is clearly over.
  • LenilsonLenilson Posts: 2
    I bought the Summoner Resort promotion, but I can't get the rewards, it's pending, what do I do?
  • Mr_Surfer1Mr_Surfer1 Posts: 30
    Lenilson said:

I bought the Summoner Resort promotion, but I can't get the rewards, it's pending, what do I do?

Hit another milestone or file a help ticket.
  • 3size3size Posts: 7
    Summer event is not very kind.
    I lost many sun-glasses for forgetting to claim that. Even though I've done the requirements(ten times beat champs)
    there's no batch that notify complete the requirements.
    Long term event with aiming not to claiming.
    Gabebravo said:

Kabam bummer summer 😞

Agreed. I don't think Kabam even realises how bad they hurt themselves also by not having the calendar. Consider this many of our old friends who have retired from the game came back annually for that calendar. We could talk our buddies into coming back for a few months and if they got a good pull or 2 they might stick around a few more months. I'm sure this helped revenue for a month but was it worth the collateral damage? This has not gone over well and it's far from over though I wish it was I look forward to the next event daily when I login and see this event I'm reminded of the lack of summoner appreciation this year and it's extremely aggravating.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    It was better when we just used login and get rewards. Such a long cycle and in the current condition of game is pathetic.
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 615 ★★★
    Swank777 said:

Yes exactly. Summoner appreciation no longer exist, it's just a spending event now. They did bloat the side quest rewards. I think they are trying to get everyone to quit and start playing the new game they made. I'm sad to think of what they will do to Christmas now.
    I totally agree with this. I saw the new game on marvel insider. Looks cool but it’s sad they are slacking on this one. To honest I don’t like the way the new one is. Just way to much going on, but into games like that either. I really like the way this one is and hope they don’t screw this one over for their new and improved version.
    Also you’ll still be able to win 10 fight and claim your glasses to get points toward the milestones and collect tokens without spending more money. You can buy the weekly upgrade of 7 days in each event if your behind or want to get ahead. I am sad to see them charging us for this year for the summoners appreciation event. I started right at the beginning of it last year and loved it. Was totally disappointed when I saw we had to pay for it this year.
  • RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
    I missed collecting a set of sunglasses. Does this mean I won't be able to reach the 5* awakening gem crystal?
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Riciton said:

I missed collecting a set of sunglasses. Does this mean I won't be able to reach the 5* awakening gem crystal?

No because they gave the 7 grace days in the summer booster pack. If you forgot to claim it go do it now. If you forgot it only once then you have 6 spare days left, so it’s fine
  • RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
    Cool. It was only one I missed. I did the objective but because there was no notification to remind me to collect the glasses I forgot about it. The awakening gem is the only thing I want from this event. I'm on the last quest of 6.1, I'm praying for a mystic gem for my Dormammu, so kabam if you're listening lol.

Riciton said:

No because they gave the 7 grace days in the summer booster pack. If you forgot to claim it go do it now. If you forgot it only once then you have 6 spare days left, so it’s fine
    Plus once a week a you can spend 4.99 for extra days in each one. So you basically get 14 days for 4.99. I get every week so I can get to the last one to claim the daily shards. The sooner you claim it the the more shards you get. I don’t every realize that. I’m already at 55 points. Remember the start day to collect the daily shards front the summer resort starts on the days you colloquial the the little clip board and ends October 13. I hope that makes sense.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Anyone know what day should we be on now?
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    So it seems like there is no point in doing this now. I just came back to the game and I am not paying that much for a summoner appreciation calendar replacement, especially if I can’t get all the rewards. Unless I am missing something.
  • SantySanty Posts: 25
    Well, I purchase the summoner resort pass and nothing happen, is that what suppose to get u 15 dollars. Or 14.99??
    edited August 2021
    Is there a bug, or am I not understanding the process, cause I just purchase that 14.99 resort pass but I still see the milestones pending

My ingame name is mr. ST
    @Santy you have to send support through the game a ticket and they will get it fixed for you
    @Deder80 i don't know how.. ill look into it, am pist now..