**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is my PI so low?

dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
I don't run suicides, and I know that affects PI, but I just feel like compared to others who also don't run suicides, my PI is still lower than theirs. For example my 6 star rank 2 Doom is 10.5k, whereas my friend's Doom is 12k, also unduped. Are there any ways I can increase my champs PI without running suicides?

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    The precision and cruelty masteries affect PI greatly. But I wouldn't be worried about PI if I were you, doesn't really affect anything and your prestige will remain the same regardless.
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    Posting your masteries would help.
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    Doom is a bad one to compare because mystic dispersion really pumps up mystic PI’s. Most likely he has 4/5 points in it
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Cap45 said:

The number 1 pi guide

Nice
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    OP could you post your masteries? Absurtly low PI could mean you have a pretty bad (not optimal) mastery setup. PI in itself does not matter too much, it only makes arena easier. But having bad masteries (which also give bad PI in a lot of cases) can greatly impact your gameplay. Since your masteries only give you a rough increase of +19,5% PI. That really is quite low, even a medium level mastery setup will give you around 32-37% increase.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

OP could you post your masteries? Absurtly low PI could mean you have a pretty bad (not optimal) mastery setup. PI in itself does not matter too much, it only makes arena easier. But having bad masteries (which also give bad PI in a lot of cases) can greatly impact your gameplay. Since your masteries only give you a rough increase of +19,5% PI. That really is quite low, even a medium level mastery setup will give you around 32-37% increase.

Oh yeah, my masteries are extremely bad. Like abhorrent. Haven't really changed them since when I started playing. Definitely in need of a change:

yeah all those points you have in defense need to get thrown into offense. The first two masteries on defense and offenseive tree you should only have 2 points in. you need to unlock pierce, lesser then normal cruelty and precision. That is why your pi is insanely low.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You need to redo your masteries ASAP lol. Defense you need only one point in Vitality and Greater Vitality. 4 points in Block Proficiency (which you have zero currently.) If you decide to unlock willpower you will need more points in defense, but that's all you need right now. When you get more one point in Salve is enough and you can max recovery. A point in Perfect Block and one or more in Stand your Ground.

Offense you only need one point in everything leading up to Greater Cruelty and Greater Precision which you want to max. A point or two in Courage is nice. Later you can decide if you want deep wounds, suicides, etc.

Proficiencies you want max parry, one point in dexterity. Max stupefy is nice. You'll need more points if you want mystic D but that's all you need. You'll need to save a lot of units for mastery cores.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★

You need to redo your masteries ASAP lol. Defense you need only one point in Vitality and Greater Vitality. 4 points in Block Proficiency (which you have zero currently.) If you decide to unlock willpower you will need more points in defense, but that's all you need right now. When you get more one point in Salve is enough and you can max recovery. A point in Perfect Block and one or more in Stand your Ground.

Offense you only need one point in everything leading up to Greater Cruelty and Greater Precision which you want to max. A point or two in Courage is nice. Later you can decide if you want deep wounds, suicides, etc.

Proficiencies you want max parry, one point in dexterity. Max stupefy is nice. You'll need more points if you want mystic D but that's all you need. You'll need to save a lot of units for mastery cores.

How do these look now?:

By my calculations this should cost me around 6.5k units...Time to get grinding
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    That suicide build might be rough with slim points in willpower and the regen masteries.

I personally went for the bloodletting assassin tree and that has worked well, but if you’ve got a suicide friendly roster, you do you.

You might save some points on the bottom branch of the defense path though and redistribute them. Maxing out perfect block in the middle gets you a whopping 4% chance and heavies are easy enough to evade that the resist points essentially benefit AW defense and that’s it.

That suicide build might be rough with slim points in willpower and the regen masteries.

I personally went for the bloodletting assassin tree and that has worked well, but if you’ve got a suicide friendly roster, you do you.

You might save some points on the bottom branch of the defense path though and redistribute them. Maxing out perfect block in the middle gets you a whopping 4% chance and heavies are easy enough to evade that the resist points essentially benefit AW defense and that’s it.

So should I just invest 1 point in each?

How do these look now?:

If you wanna invest in suicides, you must first have the roster for it. You must have champs like Ghost, Corvus, Hercules, BWCV etc.
    Then you will have to get 3/3 points in both Liquid Courage and Double Edge. It isn't worth it if you have only 1 point in both of them cause of the Recoil mastery. Then you will need to unlock 3/3 Willpower and I would advise you to unlock 3/3 Coagulate.

But FIRST of all you have to unlock Precision and Cruelty, 5/5.

So: Precision + Cruelty then 1 point in Willpower then Double Edge + Liquid Courage + Willpower (the rest 2 points) then Coagulate. But use suicide mastery set-up only if you have the right champs for it
    I use Doom, Warlock, NF, HT, Gwenpool, Archangel and Starky the most...Gonna have to reconsider suicides
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    @dangarang122 up to you for distributing the defensive points, but I wouldn’t put any more than 1 point in the perfect block one and even then, only if you really wanted the resist mastery.

The questing team you described would get WRECKED with suicides (except warlock). If you chose to go that direction, you may have to forfeit use of special attacks 1 and 2 as you would take 5-10% damage with each use on top of 10-20% bleed damage every fight and constant poison damage (that reduces regeneration potency as well)

Like @Dissapointed said, 1 point in lesser cruelty and lesser precision and max out cruelty and precision (far right on first tree of offense)

Pierce and Courage are decent in that tree as well. Then determine if you need more health or more damage for placement of your remaining points. Glasscannon along with despair, Open wounds, and assassin with increase your damage. Willpower, salve and recovery increase health/regen.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    For now focus on your masteries up to glass cannon. Way more affordable and critical. The easy mode of some variants will help you with small cores, just check the rewards before you start them to know which ones.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    @dangarang122

I would forget about suicide masteries for now. Just unlock everything you have posted above and stop at Glass cannon. You can always get the suicide masteries later, right now your champs aren`t really friendly with them.

Some people don`t like suicides, I have them, but they are not a must. They do make life much easier in arena and act 6+. But only if you can put 3 points in both and 3 in willpower.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

How do these look now?:

If you wanna invest in suicides, you must first have the roster for it. You must have champs like Ghost, Corvus, Hercules, BWCV etc.
    Then you will have to get 3/3 points in both Liquid Courage and Double Edge. It isn't worth it if you have only 1 point in both of them cause of the Recoil mastery. Then you will need to unlock 3/3 Willpower and I would advise you to unlock 3/3 Coagulate.

But FIRST of all you have to unlock Precision and Cruelty, 5/5.

So: Precision + Cruelty then 1 point in Willpower then Double Edge + Liquid Courage + Willpower (the rest 2 points) then Coagulate. But use suicide mastery set-up only if you have the right champs for it
    I use Doom, Warlock, NF, HT, Gwenpool, Archangel and Starky the most...Gonna have to reconsider suicides
    If those are your mains, you definitely don't want suicides. Get despair, and deep wounds maxed to deal with regen and enhance your bleeders. A point or 2 in assassin and get some points in petrify and pacify.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Cap45 said:

The number 1 pi guide

I don’t even understand this. It doesn’t show any points needed to put in each mastery to get that 69% PI increase.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Cap45 said:

The number 1 pi guide

I don’t even understand this. It doesn’t show any points needed to put in each mastery to get that 69% PI increase.
    Probably one in each?
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Oh yeah, my masteries are extremely bad. Like abhorrent. Haven't really changed them since when I started playing. Definitely in need of a change:

Yep, this is why. Problem solved, invest in better masteries.