**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

DrZola said:

A genuine question: has anyone on the team firmed the date up for the hot fix? I don’t think I’ve seen one, but I haven’t been on forums much the past week.

Dr. Zola

I understand that we are experiencing parry issues. And that kabam are giving us few heals crystals and glory.
    But ill be honest here.. we need units compensation. I just had a nightmare vs spidernan 2099 cav EQ, once i was committed. I spent total 268 units on that fight which i did one shot 2 times before with ease.
    This time the block wouldnt register on time.

I insist on atleast ASKING for 1600 units in compensation to compensate the multiple times ive been randomly screwed over this bug.
    Glory is nice. But it doesnt make up even close to the units value.

So when you go to a restaurant and your server says to you, don't touch this plate it's hot. Do you then continue to touch it, burning your hands and then ask for $1600 because you didn't heed the warning of the server?

Kabam has said to try and refrain from doing content that might make you use more resources than normal. Plus you said you 1 shot it before admitting you aren't having that much of an issue. Y'all are ridiculous.
    When a restaurant serves me food then tells me not to eat it for an hour because there’s an issue, I’m going to take my business elsewhere until they fix it.
    Yeah. So people should take their business elsewhere until it’s fixed? Which also implies that these people shouldn’t be around to complain.

It’s very simple. Kabam wants to get things fixed ASAP, more urgently than you do, simply because it affects their bottomline, now and in future.

Complaining about the existing problems that Kabam has made known that they are aware of, and is currently fixing, will not help expedite it. If anything, it makes them even more cautious about the fix, needing it to be working 100% from the get-go, instead of being able to implement partial adjustment fixes that slowly addresses them.

This, inadvertently, will slow down the “perfect” fix implementation.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

Berjibs said:

I understand that we are experiencing parry issues. And that kabam are giving us few heals crystals and glory.
    But ill be honest here.. we need units compensation. I just had a nightmare vs spidernan 2099 cav EQ, once i was committed. I spent total 268 units on that fight which i did one shot 2 times before with ease.
    This time the block wouldnt register on time.

I insist on atleast ASKING for 1600 units in compensation to compensate the multiple times ive been randomly screwed over this bug.
    Glory is nice. But it doesnt make up even close to the units value.

So when you go to a restaurant and your server says to you, don't touch this plate it's hot. Do you then continue to touch it, burning your hands and then ask for $1600 because you didn't heed the warning of the server?

Kabam has said to try and refrain from doing content that might make you use more resources than normal. Plus you said you 1 shot it before admitting you aren't having that much of an issue. Y'all are ridiculous.
    I mean that’s fine and everything but how do you square it vs keeping SOP running? Timed content with the best rewards we’ve ever seen most likely….but we are being asked to refrain from doing content. 🤷🏽‍♂️

You have 7 days, unlimited attempts and zero energy.
    Have you ever been on the players side? 7 days sure but people that can’t dex/parry properly are getting screwed. This Emma especially needs parry and dex to work, without them it’s a pain. They’re two essential features that need to work 110% of the time. Without reliability there’s no consistency.
    Why would this emma need parry?.. parry bad for this boss... really bad...
    Speeds80 said:

Yeah so we should all sit down and be quiet cos kabam always have our best interests in mind and know exactly what problems we are having, the restaurant analogy was terrible, all kabams told us is the food will be too hot for over an our, it’s an hour and a half later; the food is for some
    Reason hotter, and they are ignoring us, some communication would help settle the frustrations, as would a few more revives for this months eq and this weeks sop. Constantly belittling peoples valid concerns must be quite tiring, but then this is the kind of toxic behaviour we’ve come to expect from the ‘get good’ forum frequenters.
    Asking for an update in overdue communication does not delay the communication.

They did. There’s even a stickied post on what they’re doing.

Complaints about bugs are valid. Complaints AFTER the company has addressed how they’ll be handling the bug isn’t valid.

It’s the entitlement mentality that things need to get done NOW.

(Side note: Ever wondered why you have to be on-call for work 24/7 to solve problems? It’s the same entitlement mentality that’s causing that as well.)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Speeds80 said:

Yeah so we should all sit down and be quiet cos kabam always have our best interests in mind and know exactly what problems we are having, the restaurant analogy was terrible, all kabams told us is the food will be too hot for over an our, it’s an hour and a half later; the food is for some
    Reason hotter, and they are ignoring us, some communication would help settle the frustrations, as would a few more revives for this months eq and this weeks sop. Constantly belittling peoples valid concerns must be quite tiring, but then this is the kind of toxic behaviour we’ve come to expect from the ‘get good’ forum frequenters.

Complaints about bugs are valid. Complaints AFTER the company has addressed how they’ll be handling the bug isn’t valid.

(Side note: Ever wondered why you have to be on-call for work 24/7 to solve problems? It’s the same entitlement mentality that’s causing that as well.)
    (Side side note: Do you think the entitled people have ever worked in a place that needs them to be on call 24/7? Because I think they'd be less entitled if they had.)
    ItsDamien said:

xNig said:

Speeds80 said:

(Side side note: Do you think the entitled people have ever worked in a place that needs them to be on call 24/7? Because I think they'd be less entitled if they had.)
    That’s true. 😂😂
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Speeds80 said:

Also, I don't know how you could even say Kabam doesn't have out best interests in mind. This game itself is a literal beacon of that since it's completely free and still running after almost 7 years.

They may not do everything we ask but none of us run a successful mobile game to know what it takes to keep it running.

Are they perfect? No, they aren't. Doesn't mean they're evil or have I'll will towards the player base.
    Speeds80 said:

Why do you think the forums exist man? As a platform for them to see the problems the players are dealing with, people are telling other people not to use the forums to express concerns and not to ask for communication …on a platform that exists for players to receive communication. They have been a good company for listening and reverting changes that have damaged the game, and these forums are where we have seen these things happen, being high and mighty and telling people to be quiet is pretty lame, we’re all waiting for a fix, but telling people that their asking for a fix is slowing down the fix is bollocks

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274203/gameplay-issues-fix-timeline#latest

Here. Communication.

What more do you want? 😒
    Speeds80 said:

Why do you think the forums exist man? As a platform for them to see the problems the players are dealing with, people are telling other people not to use the forums to express concerns and not to ask for communication …on a platform that exists for players to receive communication. They have been a good company for listening and reverting changes that have damaged the game, and these forums are where we have seen these things happen, being high and mighty and telling people to be quiet is pretty lame, we’re all waiting for a fix, but telling people that their asking for a fix is slowing down the fix is bollocks

No said it's slowing anything down since the devs don't run the forums and aren't required to MOD on here. What we're saying is that we don't need a compensation thread every 10 seconds or ridiculous requests for compensation. We don't need more threads on asking for a update to the timeline fix. We don't need more threads on the same topic over and over and over again.

You want to add to the main thread? Go for it. That's why it exists. These threads do no one any good except make it harder to find real information.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    I've probably used units and resources worth well over 6000 units. Probably 2000 or so were due to the bugs/dropped controls/lag/changed ai. Yes, it is that bad for big fights. I don't expect to see any back. I chose to proceed with content in spite of the bugs. However, the GM finally dropped, Emma is down, Gwenperion followed. Hit TB before SoP rewards with some rng luck. It's been a rough month unit wise, but I had the most fun in 7.1 than I have in a long time in story even with bugs. I was addicted to 7.1 completion. On the flip side, it's been horrible, even if self induced. It just takes 1 of the many gameplay bugs to hit and your efforts are lost or cost resources. I expect 0 back though. There is no way to compensate for the amount of frustration this game has seen from summoners recently.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Mr_Holl87 said:

_wasabi_ said:

I think it's time we stop calling it a "hot fix" and go with either "slow fix" or "no fix" instead.
    I have never been closer to quiting this game before. Frustration at it's finest!

I think it's more like the "ignore it and hope they forget about it" fix. Not gonna work, Kabam, ya silly goose.
    Nah, they know it's broke past that point. I think people are hanging around complaining thinking the more they complain, the larger the compensation...but I think we are long past that point now in frustration and people would basically need to pick any three 6 stars you want and any one t5cc you want to be happy. Not gonna happen. Lol.

Don't expect any compensation and be happy when you do get some, but more importantly when we can all get back to having fun.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Swen said:

Do you even play the game. We got a full inventory of revives the other day. Which is 400 units.
    We also got 10 Level 5 Health Potions, which is another 280 Units.
    So we technically got 680 units, NOT TO MENTION.. that glory is an overpowered resource, be grateful that we are getting anything and stop asking for more.
    Parry and Dex issues suck, I KNOW. But they are dealing with it as best as they can and you can be sure that they'll compensate us how they see it to be fair.

The severity of the in game issues and the duration utterly dwarfs the compensation sent out to date. If the best they can is a month plus if issues with some minor compensation then that is an issue. 680 units of items is not significant

I am not asking for more, just can’t listen to anyone telling me they are doing their best. If this is their best then not sure what to say
    I'm almost sure that when the bugs are finally fixed, we'll get a larger compensation package to top off the situation and make everyone think it was worth the wait. the same thing happened once or twice last year.
    Speeds80 said:

xNig said:
    I’m not the one telling people to be quiet about expressing their ideas on what they have spent and what they think compensation should include, to answer your question that was almost three weeks ago and specifically I’d like to know if summer of pain is going to be extended this week as I’ve been avoiding it after spending an hour trying it on Friday and then having champs locked up in war yesterday, and tomorrow, should I attempt it today or can I wait till the hot fix is here, or if we are getting potions this week that would also alleviate the frustration of if I have to use potions on this weeks objectives, dropping controls mid fight and screen lagging during fights wasn’t fun.
    A little communication every week or so we are in the dark would be nice

Like you'd be satisfied if they posted an update that said they're still working on a fix. Saying they haven't gotten a fix ready is the same as not saying anything at all.
  • KripokutaKripokuta Posts: 7
    temporary units would be nice, expired for a week kabam :) thumbs up if agree with me
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★

I did have to use a lot of revives for eq last month, (a lot being about 10, it was monthly rewards that disappeared and they were worth the revives so it doesn’t make sense for me to not use them, I don’t normally have to use any for eq, technically I used some 4 hour crystals so compensation with them would be nice since they don’t expire, or units would really be the equivalent. We can only hold a few revives, less than I suspect most people have used completing the monthly / weekly reward expiring content we have been doing the last 5 weeks, this month I would love to know if I should hold off cav difficulty till the end of the month or not, there are a lot of the special bugle store rewards linked with the cavalier boss kills so that is a factor and I’m hoping to not have to cram a lot of content into one week. That spidey 2099 was horrible when parry kept failing as you can’t intercept his mediums
    Maybe a few energy refills and some 60% revives since these rarer to have in our stash would be a really nice touch
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    U guys really should look in the dictionary what COMPENSATION means...