**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suck it, Mercs

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/276220/regarding-7-2-legends-runs-mercs-and-the-future-of-the-legends-program

this is the most ballsy thing that kabam has done in a while. it is a huge win for everyone who hates cheaters and mercs, and now mercs are not going to have any source of income from legends run anymore. i know this is probably going to get closed, but just figured everyone should see this

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

It also ends the program for everyone else, not sure this is a win.

It was already ended for "everyone else" when mercs would complete multiple legend runs for all their customers pushing out folks playing the game themselves.
    There are videos of several youtubers, as well as forum members, that disprove this.

Can’t wait to see the arguments that unfold in this thread

Let me get it started

IKON said:

tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

It was already ended for "everyone else" when mercs would complete multiple legend runs for all their customers pushing out folks playing the game themselves.
    There are videos of several youtubers, as well as forum members, that disprove this.
    Source?
    Brian Grant, Lagacy.... They did their runs live. That's what he's referring to.
    Munash as well, forum member xNig is on the 7.1 list as well.

This isn't to say that mercs aren't a problem, they very much are, but they're not the only ones who were able to do successful legends runs.

This very much seems like a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,135 ★★★★★
    This sucks to me considering i was gonna see about 7.3 or 7.4 legends run but now cancelling it sucks for me hope they find a way soon to do the new title where they can stop cheating
    ItsDamien said:

IKON said:

Let me get it started

IKON said:

tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

Source?
    Brian Grant, Lagacy.... They did their runs live. That's what he's referring to.

This isn't to say that mercs aren't a problem, they very much are, but they're not the only ones who were able to do successful legends runs.

100s of man hours to weed out the cheaters is not worth the time. Could they implement harder restrictions? Sure. But then they just further alienate legitimate players. If they can't make it fair for all and practical in compiling the winners, then the easiest solution is no one gets to enjoy an additional incentive. May seem unfair to those who would run, but it's the most logical thing to do.
    Not worth the time is pretty strong argument, hadn't considered that.

I honestly just don't understand how they implemented a VPN ban, but chose not to account for people who said "alright I'll just get a merc without a VPN then".

At the end of the day though, this is clearly the mercs fault, not Kabams.
    edited August 2021

IKON said:

ItsDamien said:

IKON said:

Let me get it started

IKON said:

tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

Source?

100s of man hours to weed out the cheaters is not worth the time. Could they implement harder restrictions? Sure. But then they just further alienate legitimate players. If they can't make it fair for all and practical in compiling the winners, then the easiest solution is no one gets to enjoy an additional incentive. May seem unfair to those who would run, but it's the most logical thing to do.

I honestly just don't understand how they implemented a VPN ban, but chose not to account for people who said "alright I'll just get a merc without a VPN then".

Because there might have been legit people who were traveling.
    They wouldn't be banned for that though, just disqualified from eligibility on the legends run.

There are people who have legit reasons to use a VPN, but it also disqualifies you from a legends run, not sure why travel couldn't be the same.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    It’s not really a win. As this does hurt some players taking away the run cause of the rewards….yes kabam does need to do something about the mercs. With that said. The eq legend runs with mercs are just as bad if not worse and nothing being done there
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

ItsDamien said:

IKON said:

Let me get it started

IKON said:

tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

Source?

They wouldn't be banned for that though, just disqualified from eligibility on the legends run.

There are people who have legit reasons to use a VPN, but it also disqualifies you from a legends run, not sure why travel couldn't be the same.
    I know. They said it was too hard for them to determine who was legit traveling or who used a Merc that didn't use a VPN.

IKON said:

IKON said:

ItsDamien said:

IKON said:

Let me get it started

IKON said:

tfdrp2 said:

IKON said:

Source?

I know. They said it was too hard for them to determine who was legit traveling or who used a Merc that didn't use a VPN.
    Sure, but I meant going forward with 7.3 so you don't have to distinguish.