**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is nobody talking about how much worse the gameplay issues are since the update?

2»

Comments

• StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Right, no one is talking about it. There’s just 35+ pages on the bug fix merged thread and countless other threads complaining about compensation and bugs that have been closed.

We get it, the game is not functioning as intended. They’ve stated they’re working on it. Be patient.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Lags and freezes are everywhere in the game now.

For example arena. I play arena very regularly. I have 15 mio BC and 30k Units, just to state, that I really know what i am saying.

Before the update, lags and freezes were here and there, just normal stuff. Now, my iPhone is overheating very fast and almost every special attack is lagging. Crazy state of the game right now …
  • GameChanger12GameChanger12 Posts: 43
    People are talking about. Comments just keep getting moved and taken down
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Why we are thoes who have to spend resources to play ?

We talk about:
    - slow responses,
    - Parry and dexterity failures
    - being frozen in the middle of a combo sequence.
    - Ios lag and crashing
    - Android lag and crashing

if AQ is still open we are obliged to play so as not to damage the alliance or lose a position in it. which means that by playing with all these problems, we spend more and more resources.

I personally appreciate the 4 compensations that you sent us, however this does not cover the problem and becomes a vicious cycle of use of high value resources

ideas that I am sure already more than one proposed. shut down AQ and release daily compensation missions.

Give us a compensation in gratitude for playing under these conditions, compensation should not be to encourage us to spend more and more.
    DalBot said:

Right, no one is talking about it. There’s just 35+ pages on the bug fix merged thread and countless other threads complaining about compensation and bugs that have been closed.

We get it, the game is not functioning as intended. They’ve stated they’re working on it. Be patient.

Do you honestly think one response by Kabam every 2-3 weeks is sufficient communication? The timing of this alongside SoP is questionable at best and the compensation hasn't been anywhere near enough for what it's costing a lot of Map 7 players and SoP challengers.
    I don't think posting unending complaints on the forums is going to change anything. It's not productive (clearly) and if anything only serves to aggravate the developers.

I agree that all these bugs presenting with the introduction of some of the most rewarding challenges in the game is suspect, however, they could not foresee that changing the games engine would have resulted in these outcomes, and because the engine change was required to maintain the game, the bugs are better than the alternative and the game shutting down.

If you don't feel the compensation is enough, consider transitioning to another map. Regarding the cost of resources for SOP, each player chooses when and which resources to use. If you feel that the cost is too high, find another champion to complete the challenges, or simply forgo the challenge altogether. It baffles me that people willingly use resources knowing that the game currently has issues and then complains that they "have" to use them.

I understand this is an unpopular opinion, but these complaints have become tiring.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Very easy to explain to you in very simple terms why your opinion is an unpopular one.

There is currently a broad spectrum of how the player base is being affected. Some players are experiencing little to no issue, whilst others are trying to persevere under game-breaking conditions (lag & input drops).

It has already been discussed on the forum how huge the SoP rewards are in comparison to size/difficulty to complete yet you expect people to just happily forgo these rewards? Are you participating in SoP yourself? Maybe you might want to give up your rewards also. Somehow I don't think you'd be prepared to do that.

Frustration stems from the people most heavily impacted by the in-game issues who are having to spend more resource in order to not miss out on time restricted content/reward.

Previously Kabam advised that some people were able to pick up an extra point on Darkhawk but this will be removed in the interest of fairness. Equally, how is it fair that some people are able to sweep through this content without experiencing issues yet those who have them to contend with should "forgo the rewards"?

Its equally tiring seeing the white knights acting as vigilante reps for Kabam and attempting to squash the voices of those who are upset at the state of things as they are.
    @Jeal79 I am frustrated with the game as well and have encountered the challenges like everyone else (particularly evident in the Spidey2099 Cav EQ quest where Parry would appear on screen, but never activate a stun).

I am participating in SOP and did choose to forgo rewards on the Mysterio week because I was unwilling to spend money on the resources needed for me to clear it. Every other week, despite struggle, I continued to make attempt after attempt until I felt I could clear the fight with reasonable resource utilization (<2 or 3 revives and potions).

I think there is a productive way to address the concerns currently in game such as the suggestions made by @jondark86. What I find tiring is the incessant repetition of people complaining without introducing a supportive way to alleviate the problem.

Honestly, I don't wish to squash the voices of other's concerns, I would just like to see more productive recommendations than complaints without any attempt to provide constructive ideas.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Thanks @StaphMember.

That's a much more constructive post.

I feel like there would be a lot less aggro on here though if we had more frequent communication. That's the main bugbear. I'm not a game developer. I can't propose any better way for them to fix it, but I am well versed in customer service and this is what I feel has been lacking.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★

Yeah game perfecto man ever has worsened from last month for me

I love autocorrect so much. It’s perfect in every way. I’ve noticed performance issues getting worse since the new update.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    edited August 2021

DalBot said:

Do you honestly think one response by Kabam every 2-3 weeks is sufficient communication? The timing of this alongside SoP is questionable at best and the compensation hasn't been anywhere near enough for what it's costing a lot of Map 7 players and SoP challengers.
    I don't think posting unending complaints on the forums is going to change anything. It's not productive (clearly) and if anything only serves to aggravate the developers.

I agree that all these bugs presenting with the introduction of some of the most rewarding challenges in the game is suspect, however, they could not foresee that changing the games engine would have resulted in these outcomes, and because the engine change was required to maintain the game, the bugs are better than the alternative and the game shutting down.

If you don't feel the compensation is enough, consider transitioning to another map. Regarding the cost of resources for SOP, each player chooses when and which resources to use. If you feel that the cost is too high, find another champion to complete the challenges, or simply forgo the challenge altogether. It baffles me that people willingly use resources knowing that the game currently has issues and then complains that they "have" to use them.

I understand this is an unpopular opinion, but these complaints have become tiring.
    So you're saying that we should skip all timed hard content until Kabam fixes everything? Even though we don't have any kind of timeline on the said FIX.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Bro posted about same and this guys deleted it. Now they don’t want people to point out there mistakes. What wrong with you kabam.
    edited August 2021
    YsF said:

DalBot said:

So you're saying that we should skip all timed hard content until Kabam fixes everything? Even though we don't have any kind of timeline on the said FIX.
    @YsF No, I'm suggesting that we find a way to complete the challenging content without utilizing excessive resources or purchases. SoP costs 0 energy and can be completed with a few good runs. Anyone utilizing resources to complete this content does so willingly and in full knowledge of the bugs currently active and has no basis to complain about how much it has cost them. I am by no means a top tier player, but have completed many of the challenges itemless or with limited resources. I have forgone rewards when I felt that completion would take more items than I was willing to spend to clear it with the current issues. I have also challenged those fights countless times and nearly gave up before I managed a rotation with the proper counters to beat it.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    I play on an iPad and have had some difficulty parrying at distance before but now I get the parry issues everywhere.
    Definetly feels worse.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★

YsF said:

DalBot said:

@YsF No, I'm suggesting that we find a way to complete the challenging content without utilizing excessive resources or purchases. SoP costs 0 energy and can be completed with a few good runs. Anyone utilizing resources to complete this content does so willingly and in full knowledge of the bugs currently active and has no basis to complain about how much it has cost them. I am by no means a top tier player, but have completed many of the challenges itemless or with limited resources. I have forgone rewards when I felt that completion would take more items than I was willing to spend to clear it with the current issues. I have also challenged those fights countless times and nearly gave up before I managed a rotation with the proper counters to beat it.
    I'm one of those people that does countless runs instead of revives for like the first 3 days of SoP. Till now only bosses I haven''t been able to solo are Mysterio (1 revive), Symbiote Supreme (didn't have objective champs ranked up - 2/3 revives per objective), Emma (2/3 revives per objective).

I will say that I'm not spending "countless" items on SoP, but the frustration comes from the fact that in those hundreds of runs, many good runs fail due to issues in the game. So I am allowed to complain about the issues in the game if it actually affects me directly. Also Cav EQ is literally unplayable with the current issues and I have stopped it for the time being with just initial clear. But that is monthly content and there is still time for it.

My main issue is that Kabam has been proactive for AQ compensations, but is the rest of the game working okay? Does that one compensation of revives/health pots cover the month long issues we've had? Incursions have been screwed up for a long time now, why no proper acknowledgement/compensation for that? Arena bots issues still there in 6* arenas, why no proper acknowledgement and resolution for that? Every update has a plethora of bugs. Most champs are released bugged.

This game is not doing well at all right now. Considering profit, player feedback and all. This might just be the final straw for a lot of people. I had hoped that considering their last update, that it should have been solved by now, but there's no fix and no communication of a timeline.
  • MrWTFMrWTF Posts: 68 ★★
    My champs are freezing during combos. When it happens it always after the forth hit. My dex’s fail when ever the the camera angle shifts. It seems when the camera angles shifts the depth of my dex is shortened. Block and parry issues too. My theory on block and parry issues is they stem from the intro of “perfect block”. Issues didn’t happen with blocks until Shang entered the picture. And none of this happens in aw or aq for me. Only because I don’t do aw or aq. So, kabam please give out regular revives and potions when you give compensation. Because my issues are happening during regular content. And