**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliances Becoming A Thing Of The Past

I wanted to check in here with other alliance leaders and see how things are going.

With Kabams current setup you no longer need an alliance. We have so much free glory you can taken a month off and maybe not use it all. There is no side quest so daily logins aren't required. War isn't going on so there is no bonus right now to being in an alliance.

Any other alliances feeling this at all? This month seems so hum-drum that everyone wants a break. I get it, I don't even want to recruit because it's harder to find decent folk.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Comments

• OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    I think you guys are confused. I'm not complaining about what's done. I'm just pointing out the facts.

Ask yourself this, why are you in your alliance? No war and no need for glory.

Is there any benefit at all right now to being in an alliance?

Some will say aq. Those that have been running the same maps for a year or more think it's more of a chore right now than a bonus. For the first time ever you can play without an alliance and it's no big deal.

As for the person saying give it time, that's all you can do.

Taking a break from the game seems like a solid idea right now since you can do all the content on a weekend. No more daily logins for anything and no need to find a new home until something else kicks in. Lots of folks are taking a break from play right now. It's the best time ever to do it.

No more complaining about what's going on this month. Let's hear some ideas on keeping our friends from leaving the game or some ideas on how to keep our groups together.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    war still gives out great rewards at the higher tiers. we've won 8 out of last 10 wars
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    If only, or rather if only there was an option for solo player progression.

AW will come back, free Glory will dry up, the cycle will begin anew. If you want to progress at a respectable pace, you'll at least have to do AQ.
  • We doing wars,keep winning. Moved up 3 tiers
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

If only, or rather if only there was an option for solo player progression.

There kind of is. You can construct a solo alliance. But in this context, that might be cheating.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    This is temporary and although I have an alliance i'm the leader so I tend to do the bare minimum to get rewards....and i don't kick people out who don't join in on AQ/AW....i stopped enjoying the game for a while when i used to take all of the alliance stuff too seriously and got stabbed in the back by my top Officer....i would rather enjoy the game and that means no serious AW/AQ for me
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Suggestion/tip: gifting events, weekly summoner advancement, weekly alliance event rewards, still doing AQ for glory on top of glory and I'll spend every drop, even if it has to be gold, but that's not gonna happen since I've r3d two 6* in the past two weeks.

Besides that, the friendships and banter in are a fun aspect of an alliance for me too.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Personally I want the 1000+ units that are coming from logging in every day plus the other things that can be had, I like my alliance and wasn't looking for a break, I still want the t5cc from AQ as well as the map 7 crystals, and the glory will go fast if more isn't coming in. We aren't having any issues maintaining 30 members, so business as usual.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    That glory will dry up at some point, then you're back needing an alliance
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    You still need to be part of alliance. The extra glory and so on is for the compensation for the parry/dexterity bug. It’s an wise move from kabam, but also nice. But they will stop giving it out when they finally find a fix.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I mean if don't wanna push AQ now, just take a small break. No need to push people or kick them out. Just relax and chill. Eventually AW, no glory compensation, etc. will return.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    This guy completely forgot that summoner advancement, 3 day and 1 day events exist lmao
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Go leave your alliance then.

We will see you back in 4 days asking why you didn't get you compensation package with "free glory".

I'll save you some time - AQ compensation package is sent only to players in alliances.
  • _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Our alliance is just fine, we keep playing the game, bugs or no bugs. We talk in our Line chat just like before.
    We are definitely not a thing of the past. Bugs will be sorted at some point, we just have to persevere.
    I actually think break from AW did a lot of alliances good lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    OneMast3r said:

I wanted to check in here with other alliance leaders and see how things are going.

With Kabams current setup you no longer need an alliance. We have so much free glory you can taken a month off and maybe not use it all. There is no side quest so daily logins aren't required. War isn't going on so there is no bonus right now to being in an alliance.

Any other alliances feeling this at all? This month seems so hum-drum that everyone wants a break. I get it, I don't even want to recruit because it's harder to find decent folk.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

My ally is happy and chugging along. We’re AQ-focused, AW-optional. People like being in our alliance so don’t see anyone dropping because of this blip.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    To be honest I’m in my alliance because there’s a bunch of cool guys in there who I enjoy playing the game with…
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No need for an alliance... 3k Glory goes away REALLY fast if you're buying T2A, T5B, or T5CC frags. Not to mention any other mats that people seem to always be low on.