**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    The past month and a half have been quite the struggle, BUT with struggle has come compensation packages to help us see the light of the situation. And I think we have been rewarded very well with the compensation packages that we have gotten in the past 5 weeks or so. But the question still stands, does the amount of glory (which I believe might just be AQ compensation) make up for the amount of stress, frustration and anger that have come from the Parry and Controls issue.

Personally, I think the glory is a perfect way to apologise and keep us at high hopes. But every one has had the Parry and Controls bug effect them differently, in my case, it hasn't effected me at all (nearly at all).

Some people think that we should get a larger final compensation package when the entire bug has been fixed, and i'm pretty down for it. but I'm not sure if it's really a need, more of a generous thing to do.

IF we did get this final compensation package, I would think we'd see this in each level of progression:

Thronebreaker - x5000 6-Star Shards + x5 Level 3 Revives

Cavalier - x2500 6-Star Shards + x5 Level 3 Revives OR 1x 5-Star Nexus + x5 Level 3 Revives

Uncollected - x7500 5-Star Shards + x5 Level 2 Revives

Everyone Else - x1 4-Star Nexus + x5 Level 2 Revives

I need to make this clear, I don't think I need this, but some do.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

They already said we getting compensation once the patch is released

Ah.. think you might be mistaken.

They said once the fix is in place is when they'll start measuring the impact it's had on the game.

My estimation is 2 weeks tops once the fix is live
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Fenico said:

Let me rephrase your title, you had some mistakes in it:

Do we need another thread about compensation?

This isn't about the same exact topic. I'm saying that I think we don't need a compensation package, but you keep doing what you're doing
  • Just to note: Kabam Mods specifically said that they would be working on a final compensation package once the issue has been resolved. So something is coming for certain, but we have no details what or when. I like your suggestion, although for many who have been affected by this issue and forced to spend units to complete content, 5 revives would likely feel like a slap in the face (especially after they got AQ revives every week for 5+ weeks). I was not personally affected as much as some others, but it complicated my Summer of Pain progression. Personally, I would suggest the following (building off your tiered list):

Thronebreaker - x5000 6-Star Shards OR 1 Mythic Crystal + x15 Level 3 Revives and 25 Level 5 Health Potions

Cavalier - x2500 6-Star Shards OR 1x 5-Star Nexus + x15 Level 3 Revives and 20 Level 5 Health Potions

Uncollected - x5000 5-Star Shards OR 1 Legendary Crystal + x15 Level 2 Revives and 20 Level 4 Potions

Everyone Else - x2500 5-Star Shards OR 1 4-Star Nexus + x15 Level 2 Revives and 20 Level 3 Potions

Add on some champion boosts for each package. Players get to choose what they feel impacts them the most. Maybe 5k 6 star shards is not appealing because they just opened a 6*. The mythic crystal represents a chance at another 6*, but could be only 5*. Interesting choices (in my mind) for each of the progression tiers. I increased the rewards overall from your suggestion because Kabam has mentioned that they want to increase the rate of progression for lower level players.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Would probably be similar to the one last year... or was it the year before?
    Anyone under conqueror got a 4 star nexus and 5k 5 star shards.
    Over got a 5 star nexus and 5k 6 star shards. Maybe this time TBs will get a 6 star nexus and an awakening gem or something
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Fenico said:

This isn't about the same exact topic. I'm saying that I think we don't need a compensation package, but you keep doing what you're doing
    I dont think so either but people are gonna milk those rewards and disagree with anyone who says otherwise. But hey, benefits us all atleast.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Fenico said:

You mean you don't need it seeing you were not affected at all. The compensation that was sent out was for people who were affected running AQ. Plenty of people were affected and had to step down from higher tiers of maps and do difficult content despite having issues. You could always not claim the compensation if you don't need it, just saying.
    With regards to your compensation package, I think they can skip the shards and only give items. Compensation is for things you used when the bug was present. Items are what people use to clear content, not shards or cats. Glory, revives and potions are what I would be looking at.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    You do realize that for Regular Compensation they sent out we got 10 L2 revives and 10 potions which heal for 10k health (don’t know the level lol)

That would be so much less
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Fenico said:

I'm usually against most comp because it's rarely needed for super small bugs. This is not one of those cases. There truly people who can't play some content because of the bug like the monthly EQs or AQ. There are ones who are trying and spending resources they wouldn't normally.

Kabam has said to back off the harder content for now. I do expect compensation for things like MEQs. Not act 7 or abyss rewards because that can be done anytime. But I would expect shards for sure. Maybe some rank up materials but doubtful and definitely revives and pots.

We don't need things like 6* nexus crystals or t6b. But there is a need for it.
    Yeah the trouble is that people ask for compensation for the game going down for 5 mins and it just makes the whole compensation conversation on the forum like the boy who cried wolf.

This is a genuine need for compensation, but people need to remember that Kabam decide compensation mostly on what you miss out on due to the issue. That’s what they mean by “measuring the impact”. They figure out what the bug has caused you to miss. There is a small addendum that sometimes there is extra stuff added on as, I suppose, a small apology, or a “for your troubles” type thing. But I would be immensely surprised if that amounted to something like a 6* nexus which had been thrown around by some people.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Fenico said:

With regards to your compensation package, I think they can skip the shards and only give items. Compensation is for things you used when the bug was present. Items are what people use to clear content, not shards or cats. Glory, revives and potions are what I would be looking at.
    To your point regarding shards. I wonder how much and how in depth the data will be reviewed post bug fix.

I say this as if people heeded kabam’s advice and did not do harder content while the bug is in play they actually did miss out on some shards. At least the difference between the level the normally do and the lower level of content
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    Qfury said:

They already said we getting compensation once the patch is released

Ah.. think you might be mistaken.

They said once the fix is in place is when they'll start measuring the impact it's had on the game.

My estimation is 2 weeks tops once the fix is live
    My question is when will the fix be live in the first place..😂😂

Pulyaman said:

Fenico said:

To your point regarding shards. I wonder how much and how in depth the data will be reviewed post bug fix.

I say this as if people heeded kabam’s advice and did not do harder content while the bug is in play they actually did miss out on some shards. At least the difference between the level the normally do and the lower level of content
    Depends on what content though. The events like Monthly eq and side events are always on, so I don't think they need to be compensated, similar to arena or incursions. Permanent content can be done anytime. Only thing that was temporary is SOP. Some would argue that even that was easy. So, I am not sure what content people missed out on.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

So 5 revives is enough to compensate on all your revives you had to use 'if you have the bug' during your last 45 days and counting?
    I think Math is hard sometimes
    :smiley:

They did say they did not face the bug at all. Maybe they will let the compensation sit in stash unclaimed and expire😉
    Graves_3 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Fenico said:

Depends on what content though. The events like Monthly eq and side events are always on, so I don't think they need to be compensated, similar to arena or incursions. Permanent content can be done anytime. Only thing that was temporary is SOP. Some would argue that even that was easy. So, I am not sure what content people missed out on.
    Multiple compensation threads have had a common theme where people were asking regular revives and potions and other people were pointing them to the kabam announcement of not doing hard content. For some that may have meant not doing cavalier event quest of the legendary side quest and doing the lower difficulty. If kabam sent questing revives and potions regularly and encouraged people to do the more difficult content, I would agree with you that shards may not be needed but if people stepped down a difficulty per kabams advice then they do merit shard compensation.
    And you mention that they only deserve consumable as compensation since that’s what they spent. Now let me ask you what the need for consumable(which expire) is once the bug has been fixed? Will they give units since some people used units to revive/top up on health?
    And why are you discounting monthly event quest and side quest since it’s recurring? When kabam clearly is giving resources for AQ which recurs weekly?
    I was always in support of compensating or at least increasing the inventory temporarily once it crossed 14 days. It's not a popular opinion, but I was a little surprised when Kabam compensated for a failed AQ week, but people said that since it was a major resource giver, it made sense to compensate AQ and Kabam have continued to do so. I don't consider SEQ and MEQ as difficult content, so I don't see any reason to not complete it even with the current issues.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    As much as I love their compensation it gets annoying when that's all people talk about. Let's worry about the game. Compensation is coming.