**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    SoP wasn't the only temporary event, monthly EQ and July's sidequest was also under the "influence" of the bugs. Considering they told us Not to do hard content, that, typically, includes cav difficulties of both EQ and SQ. Personally I didn't have major issues on these events, with the exception of SoP and days here and there when the game was really unplayable.

I m currently cavalier, started my way to TB a week or so before the bugs, since I m 5% before my first t5 cat, and currently stuck in 6.3.4 for the past 45 days (tried once or twice to do a path, parry and screen freezes costed my champs, so I stopped trying.) The thing is, I started making an effort for TB because of the SoP rewards, not to get the t3-t6 cats, I don't care about them at this stage, but for a somehow better rewards, a few t5 % more, especially since SoP wasn't as hard as I thought it will be. I m ending rank 6 because I skipped.. Mysterio I think, so there. As for July's EQ, I do use revives, for bosses mostly, but last month I used a LOT. I barely made it through for 100% the event by spending more than 500 units overall, not to mention SQ's hit monkey, some days was acting like he was the boss of 8.3 or something. Anyway.

Glory helped at the start, now I m overflowing of AQ revives and potions. Five lvl2 revives and some potions they gave us halfway don't cover 10% of what we spent or we ve been through, Summer of Pain was everything else except the self titled event.

I do want units as a final compensation. But I won't get units and that's natural, they can't give you the base of their money-spending system. So, Potions and revives, first of all, Level THREE and above and at least 10 each. One rank up gem 4-5 5* for cav+, one (not generic) awaking 6* gem and two 6* nexus. It's not much, but it will do for me.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

The past month and a half have been quite the struggle, BUT with struggle has come compensation packages to help us see the light of the situation. And I think we have been rewarded very well with the compensation packages that we have gotten in the past 5 weeks or so. But the question still stands, does the amount of glory (which I believe might just be AQ compensation) make up for the amount of stress, frustration and anger that have come from the Parry and Controls issue.

Personally, I think the glory is a perfect way to apologise and keep us at high hopes. But every one has had the Parry and Controls bug effect them differently, in my case, it hasn't effected me at all (nearly at all).

Some people think that we should get a larger final compensation package when the entire bug has been fixed, and i'm pretty down for it. but I'm not sure if it's really a need, more of a generous thing to do.

IF we did get this final compensation package, I would think we'd see this in each level of progression:

Thronebreaker - x5000 6-Star Shards + x5 Level 3 Revives

Cavalier - x2500 6-Star Shards + x5 Level 3 Revives OR 1x 5-Star Nexus + x5 Level 3 Revives

Uncollected - x7500 5-Star Shards + x5 Level 2 Revives

Everyone Else - x1 4-Star Nexus + x5 Level 2 Revives

I need to make this clear, I don't think I need this, but some do.

I rarely bother about compensation stuffs. It's what it is. But what you stated as compensation is way too less. This is BS tbh.

More than a month we are dealing with basic and one of most important aspect and core mechanism of the game. It's failed for some and some were less affected. But the impact was very large. It was not in terms of Content or materialistic but mentally. Players got frustrated, exhausted, annoyed, irritated, angry, de motivated occasion to occasion due to this bug. Most players who crush map 6 with epic mods were finding difficult to play 5 due to this bug. Because they were screwed by this bugs during fights. Special lock and Dex are prime example. This de motivates and irritated players. More than half of of SOP was done during this bug problem. Apart from permanent content, all temporary content were forced to be done by players because why not. Players can't rewards once such contents expires.
    Do you think after this all such Frustrating month ,your little sympathetic compensation cuts for it. I am not saying to give AGs or something ridiculous but your statement kind of disrespect majority of those players who did content despite bugs. Most of them just forced their way out somehow. Even permanent content impacted many players. For example many tried to beat GM to become TB (or theoretically) so they can participate in SOP for higher rewards. Such opportunity barely shows up.
    So don't try to become sweet child of papa kabam here and irritate players who were affected by this bug and we're actually annoyed and frustrated to a very pain point. You will never understand how much I felt when I restarted cav eq chapter 2.3 for 17 times due to special and Dex problems
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't consider SEQ and MEQ as difficult content, so I don't see any reason to not complete it even with the current issues.

YOU don't consider it difficult content but many people (particularly who might not have your roster) may do.

Quite arrogant of you that you think the benchmark should be set solely on your own personal standard πŸ™„
    Of course I don't consider it difficult, when did I speak for everyone else?. Considering UC and below can be completed with 4 stars on a regular month, using 5 stars to complete it even with the current issues should not be that difficult. It has nothing to do with the roster. If you say act 6 or any of the variants that require specific tags, I agree. I am a average player, so I am talking from that perspective.

Pulyaman said:

I was always in support of compensating or at least increasing the inventory temporarily once it crossed 14 days. It's not a popular opinion, but I was a little surprised when Kabam compensated for a failed AQ week, but people said that since it was a major resource giver, it made sense to compensate AQ and Kabam have continued to do so. I don't consider SEQ and MEQ as difficult content, so I don't see any reason to not complete it even with the current issues.

Have u ever completed any SEQ and MEQ after turning off your parry and dexterity mastery. Not saying that bug completely closes those masteries but u will get a hand on experience of how bad those bugs affected some players.
    Some players, yes. My point is even if players completed those content using revives, they should be getting back those and not the shards. Revives and potions have value in the game far more than crystal shards which are rng dependent. You can use those items to clear content. So, they are far more valuable. You can earn the same rewards from next month's EQ and use the compensated items to clear other content. That's just me though. I would definitely prefer items over shards.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I was always in support of compensating or at least increasing the inventory temporarily once it crossed 14 days. It's not a popular opinion, but I was a little surprised when Kabam compensated for a failed AQ week, but people said that since it was a major resource giver, it made sense to compensate AQ and Kabam have continued to do so. I don't consider SEQ and MEQ as difficult content, so I don't see any reason to not complete it even with the current issues.

Have u ever completed any SEQ and MEQ after turning off your parry and dexterity mastery. Not saying that bug completely closes those masteries but u will get a hand on experience of how bad those bugs affected some players.
    Some players, yes. My point is even if players completed those content using revives, they should be getting back those and not the shards. Revives and potions have value in the game far more than crystal shards which are rng dependent. You can use those items to clear content. So, they are far more valuable. You can earn the same rewards from next month's EQ and use the compensated items to clear other content. That's just me though. I would definitely prefer items over shards.
    I think you should also consider player's mental status too
    There's difference between anger over getting bad champ due to RNG of game and getting screwed out of nowhere due to a bug which is like celebrating it's 1 month birthday in game.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2021
    ItsDamien said:

The most amusing thing is... more people are excited to get compensation than the Summer Event items. Says a lot really.

People don’t know what the comp pack will be, it’s like a mystery box of goodies that you know will be great but you can’t say how great, the sense of suspense and mystery add to it.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I would be happy with some revives and potions . Say 20 lvl2 review and 20 lvl5 potions
    ItsDamien said:

The most amusing thing is... more people are excited to get compensation than the Summer Event items. Says a lot really.

The problem is, people expect a lot from these as time goes on. Tempering your expectation should be a basic now. The multitude of compensation threads are not helping it.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

There's difference between anger over getting bad champ due to RNG of game and getting screwed out of nowhere due to a bug which is like celebrating it's 1 month birthday in game.
    Sure, I am just saying what I feel will be more valuable to majority of the players in the long run. Shards will come, there is no question about that. But, we should not expect a lot which always happens when there is talk of compensation. Shards are exciting, potions and revives are boring. But, shards disappoint more often than not, items help you clear difficult content. I am willing to forego the shards if it gives me more items. Again, personal opinion.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Sure, I am just saying what I feel will be more valuable to majority of the players in the long run. Shards will come, there is no question about that. But, we should not expect a lot which always happens when there is talk of compensation. Shards are exciting, potions and revives are boring. But, shards disappoint more often than not, items help you clear difficult content. I am willing to forego the shards if it gives me more items. Again, personal opinion.
    Problem is that people's mentality regarding compensation structure is different based hoon their progression and needs. I kind of agree with you that revives are essential for content meanwhile shards will come eventually. Personally I have lot of revives saved so I want some shards to get some decent champ to work upon. But you are right on the point that how long run should be prioritize

Pulyaman said:

I am talking about u and not others since u said seq and meq are so easy that they can be easily completed with those bugs. Some players completed SOP emma with 3* so will that mean that SOP emma was easy?

Also as was advised by kabam that players should remain away from the difficult content so many may have missed on those monthly rewards so they did not lost revives but lost actual shards.

Also I dont understand why u think resources lost because SEQ and MEQ should not be considered because they can be earned next month. Its not that next month will give 2 times the total resources for making up the last month.
    Again, SEQ and MEQ are easy. I have players who have completed everything last month with the bugs. Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content. You can always choose to do it using items if you find it difficult and then ask for compensation, which is fair. Not even attempting them and asking for the shards is a little odd though.
    No idea why you are asking about the EF fight. The more skilled you are, the easier it gets. I found the fight very difficult at first, and once I got enough practice in, I finished the fight.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rillian said:

This dex parry bug marks the first time this year that I have not only failed to 100% cav eq, but also the first time I have failed to complete a single run through since launch.

For those that haven’t experienced the bug, imagine you choose an easy path in familiar content and either lose or nearly lose every fight. Or walking down the road in broad daylight and then falling down a succession of camouflaged manholes.

Those failed attempts cost time and resources.

After repeated attempts, I have soloed the majority of the SoP fights. Emma Frost however, for whatever reason cost me 45 revives for a single clear. 45 revives. And yes, I can dex her sp1. Yes I understand how the nodes work. I couldn’t bring myself to do the last objective. I’m a little bit deflated as it looks like I’ll end SoP with 26 points.

I’m feeling a little burnt out right now. I’ve got no specific demands for compensation. I’m not really sure what would work for me, but The OPs suggestion of 2k 6* shards and 5 revives does feel more than a little thin.

Emma was a completely different issue. There's a thread somewhere here, for this "new" AI upgrade/bug/whoknows nobody answers when asked, where the defender attacks when you try to intercept, starts a special middle-combo etc etc.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Fix is coming today or tomorrow, y'all can stop asking now lol
  • StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53 β˜…
    Just want to give a thanks to Kabam for keeping focus on the players while working on a fix. It's usually difficult to find the issue and develop a quick solution any time a fundamental function of a game engine, primary process, etc is changed and affects any software, because every interaction in the application needs retested after the time it takes to develop the solution.

Thanks for the weekly compensation to help offset the resource usage, extending SOP an extra week when the issue first surfaced to give players time to react, and delaying summoner showdown and the war season to keep the competition fair.
  • Cody4prezCody4prez Posts: 17 β˜…
    Whatever the compensation looks like, can we please get them broken into two compensation packages of health pots/revives and shards? I would like to have the option of waiting to have revives/health pots go into my stash and not expire of possible. I know it would likely be too complex to increase inventory or expand the expiration time frame. Having the option to claim over 30 days then use within 14 days could help manage our inventory better. @Kabam Miike
    Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

Again, SEQ and MEQ are easy. I have players who have completed everything last month with the bugs. Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content. You can always choose to do it using items if you find it difficult and then ask for compensation, which is fair. Not even attempting them and asking for the shards is a little odd though.
    No idea why you are asking about the EF fight. The more skilled you are, the easier it gets. I found the fight very difficult at first, and once I got enough practice in, I finished the fight.

Aaarrgghhh! I feel like I'm talking to a wall!

SEQ and MEQ are easy FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE!! How about someone who has only recently become Cavalier?

Great for you that you think these are easy. Great for you that you don't need the shards. Compensation will be global, separated by progression level. Just because you missed nothing, plenty others did.

You also say that items are worth more than shards? Because it gets you through more content right? What are you doing that extra content for if not for the shards at the end?!? Also how do you invest resource in a champ you haven't pulled yet?

Honestly, your nonsense is making my head hurt. Since shards are nothing, do me a favour and show me the hundreds of unopened crystals in your inventory.

Anyway, my doctor suggests I stop engaging with you now as it's detrimental to my mental health
    Read this slowly. If you completed something when there was an issue in the game using items, you are entitled to a compensation. If you don't even attempt it, but expect something, you are not entitled to the shards.
    I complete content for the rewards, be it shards or cats or whatever. But, I don't expect Kabam to give me compensation for something I did not spend. That being said, here you go. I opened some 20 featured crystals trying for vision and war machine, so I am a little short on 5 star shards.

Actually, the "don't do hard stuff" directive from the management, shatters your "you're not entitled to a compensation if you don't attempt it" reasoning.
    I have no idea why people don't read the whole thing. I was specifically talking about MEQ and SEQ. I agree that tackling content like Abyss, Act 6 and some variants is not good. Kabam have said that. But, SEQ and MEQ are not the hard stuff. So, all it shatters is my belief that people actually read posts before replying.

I am not even against compensation, I was not affected as others and I still will get it. What I was asking if you some posts before this one was that, compensation should not be shards, it should be items used to complete the content when the game was bugged. I know we will still get the shards, but people should not expect whatever they could not get by completing content as compensation.
  • OWENSOWENS Posts: 77 β˜…
    Well, i don't know about anyone else, but, parry for me, is considerably worse.

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Others in my ally are saying the same

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

Aaarrgghhh! I feel like I'm talking to a wall!

SEQ and MEQ are easy FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE!! How about someone who has only recently become Cavalier?

Great for you that you think these are easy. Great for you that you don't need the shards. Compensation will be global, separated by progression level. Just because you missed nothing, plenty others did.

You also say that items are worth more than shards? Because it gets you through more content right? What are you doing that extra content for if not for the shards at the end?!? Also how do you invest resource in a champ you haven't pulled yet?

Honestly, your nonsense is making my head hurt. Since shards are nothing, do me a favour and show me the hundreds of unopened crystals in your inventory.

Anyway, my doctor suggests I stop engaging with you now as it's detrimental to my mental health
    Read this slowly. If you completed something when there was an issue in the game using items, you are entitled to a compensation. If you don't even attempt it, but expect something, you are not entitled to the shards.
    I complete content for the rewards, be it shards or cats or whatever. But, I don't expect Kabam to give me compensation for something I did not spend. That being said, here you go. I opened some 20 featured crystals trying for vision and war machine, so I am a little short on 5 star shards.

Actually, the "don't do hard stuff" directive from the management, shatters your "you're not entitled to a compensation if you don't attempt it" reasoning.
    I have no idea why people don't read the whole thing. I was specifically talking about MEQ and SEQ. I agree that tackling content like Abyss, Act 6 and some variants is not good. Kabam have said that. But, SEQ and MEQ are not the hard stuff. So, all it shatters is my belief that people actually read posts before replying.

I am not even against compensation, I was not affected as others and I still will get it. What I was asking if you some posts before this one was that, compensation should not be shards, it should be items used to complete the content when the game was bugged. I know we will still get the shards, but people should not expect whatever they could not get by completing content as compensation.
    What about new Cavs, who may see Cav EQ as a similar difficulty to Act 6? Cav EQ is not difficult for you, but remember there is a wide spectrum of players who play this game.
    OK. I get that and I did take into account the new cavs or the new uc players too. New cav players would have found the cav eq difficult regardless or bugs and there will be some items used to explore cav eq by new players. This bug just makes it more item intensive.
    Kabam will compensate with shards, regardless of what I say, so I don't even know what is the issue. I have been saying from the start this is from my perspective. Not for everyone. Not even other players who have explored act 6, just me. πŸ˜‚