**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    just curious, are you guys on android or ios?
  • OWENSOWENS Posts: 77

just curious, are you guys on android or ios?

Android
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

Again, SEQ and MEQ are easy. I have players who have completed everything last month with the bugs. Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content. You can always choose to do it using items if you find it difficult and then ask for compensation, which is fair. Not even attempting them and asking for the shards is a little odd though.
    No idea why you are asking about the EF fight. The more skilled you are, the easier it gets. I found the fight very difficult at first, and once I got enough practice in, I finished the fight.

Aaarrgghhh! I feel like I'm talking to a wall!

SEQ and MEQ are easy FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE!! How about someone who has only recently become Cavalier?

Great for you that you think these are easy. Great for you that you don't need the shards. Compensation will be global, separated by progression level. Just because you missed nothing, plenty others did.

You also say that items are worth more than shards? Because it gets you through more content right? What are you doing that extra content for if not for the shards at the end?!? Also how do you invest resource in a champ you haven't pulled yet?

Honestly, your nonsense is making my head hurt. Since shards are nothing, do me a favour and show me the hundreds of unopened crystals in your inventory.

Anyway, my doctor suggests I stop engaging with you now as it's detrimental to my mental health
    Read this slowly. If you completed something when there was an issue in the game using items, you are entitled to a compensation. If you don't even attempt it, but expect something, you are not entitled to the shards.
    I complete content for the rewards, be it shards or cats or whatever. But, I don't expect Kabam to give me compensation for something I did not spend. That being said, here you go. I opened some 20 featured crystals trying for vision and war machine, so I am a little short on 5 star shards.

Actually, the "don't do hard stuff" directive from the management, shatters your "you're not entitled to a compensation if you don't attempt it" reasoning.
    I have no idea why people don't read the whole thing. I was specifically talking about MEQ and SEQ. I agree that tackling content like Abyss, Act 6 and some variants is not good. Kabam have said that. But, SEQ and MEQ are not the hard stuff. So, all it shatters is my belief that people actually read posts before replying.

I am not even against compensation, I was not affected as others and I still will get it. What I was asking if you some posts before this one was that, compensation should not be shards, it should be items used to complete the content when the game was bugged. I know we will still get the shards, but people should not expect whatever they could not get by completing content as compensation.
    In which post did kabam specify that act 6, abyss and variants are the hard stuff? They made a blanket statement that avoid hard stuff. To me act 6 and variants are not the hard stuff since I explored them all and abyss is just a unit sink and not hard. But to a new/mid cavalier, the monthly event quest and side quest may be hard. Since kabam didn’t specify what is considered hard, you are just extrapolating your experience to the broader community. And if people spent units to complete content, is it ok to expect units?
    What did you use the units for? To buy items which you will get back. Kabam have never compensated with units. Even the act 6 compensation did not have them. Of course what is hard is personal. I found the summer of pain hard, someone said it was simply a summer of annoyance. So. What is hard depends on the individuals skill.
    It makes sense to avoid the permanent content when there is a problem in the game and try to tackle the temp content like meq and seq even with the bugs. The compensation most likely will include shards and crystals. What people should not expect is to get rhe whole months rewards as compensation.

Sorry if I am repeating myself. I am against compensation for small stuff. This is not one of those times, but I want the compensation to be things that you actually lost because of the bug. But, I will be happy with what ever I get. Hope everyone is happy when it lands. 👍
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I'm on Android here too, more specifically Xiaomi, and I agree that the issues are still present. As you said, parries pop-ups are appearing but no stun.

But for me, and another friend, who also uses Xiaomi, the main thing that has been messed up since all this began is the frame rate. The lag and frame skips is what makes the game unplayable far more actively than failed parries.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

Again, SEQ and MEQ are easy. I have players who have completed everything last month with the bugs. Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content. You can always choose to do it using items if you find it difficult and then ask for compensation, which is fair. Not even attempting them and asking for the shards is a little odd though.
    No idea why you are asking about the EF fight. The more skilled you are, the easier it gets. I found the fight very difficult at first, and once I got enough practice in, I finished the fight.

SEQ and MEQ are easy FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE!! How about someone who has only recently become Cavalier?

Great for you that you think these are easy. Great for you that you don't need the shards. Compensation will be global, separated by progression level. Just because you missed nothing, plenty others did.

You also say that items are worth more than shards? Because it gets you through more content right? What are you doing that extra content for if not for the shards at the end?!? Also how do you invest resource in a champ you haven't pulled yet?

Honestly, your nonsense is making my head hurt. Since shards are nothing, do me a favour and show me the hundreds of unopened crystals in your inventory.

Anyway, my doctor suggests I stop engaging with you now as it's detrimental to my mental health
    Read this slowly. If you completed something when there was an issue in the game using items, you are entitled to a compensation. If you don't even attempt it, but expect something, you are not entitled to the shards.
    I complete content for the rewards, be it shards or cats or whatever. But, I don't expect Kabam to give me compensation for something I did not spend. That being said, here you go. I opened some 20 featured crystals trying for vision and war machine, so I am a little short on 5 star shards.

Actually, the "don't do hard stuff" directive from the management, shatters your "you're not entitled to a compensation if you don't attempt it" reasoning.
    I have no idea why people don't read the whole thing. I was specifically talking about MEQ and SEQ. I agree that tackling content like Abyss, Act 6 and some variants is not good. Kabam have said that. But, SEQ and MEQ are not the hard stuff. So, all it shatters is my belief that people actually read posts before replying.

I am not even against compensation, I was not affected as others and I still will get it. What I was asking if you some posts before this one was that, compensation should not be shards, it should be items used to complete the content when the game was bugged. I know we will still get the shards, but people should not expect whatever they could not get by completing content as compensation.
    What about new Cavs, who may see Cav EQ as a similar difficulty to Act 6? Cav EQ is not difficult for you, but remember there is a wide spectrum of players who play this game.
    OK. I get that and I did take into account the new cavs or the new uc players too. New cav players would have found the cav eq difficult regardless or bugs and there will be some items used to explore cav eq by new players. This bug just makes it more item intensive.
    Kabam will compensate with shards, regardless of what I say, so I don't even know what is the issue. I have been saying from the start this is from my perspective. Not for everyone. Not even other players who have explored act 6, just me. 😂
    You weren’t saying “MEQ SEQ are easy to me” you literally said “ Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content.”
    I said it at the start of the thread. Of course I will only talk about myself. I cannot speak for everyone who plays the game when it comes to difficulty of a content. It varies with skill and roster. You said summer of pain was easy, I thought it was appropriate difficulty for the rewards.
    Graves_3 said:

Pulyaman said:

Graves_3 said:

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

In which post did kabam specify that act 6, abyss and variants are the hard stuff? They made a blanket statement that avoid hard stuff. To me act 6 and variants are not the hard stuff since I explored them all and abyss is just a unit sink and not hard. But to a new/mid cavalier, the monthly event quest and side quest may be hard. Since kabam didn’t specify what is considered hard, you are just extrapolating your experience to the broader community. And if people spent units to complete content, is it ok to expect units?
    but I want the compensation to be things that you actually lost because of the bug.
    That’s what people have been trying to get across to you that they lost the rewards they would have gained from completing MEQ and SQ.
    I am not getting into the same argument again. We can agree to disagree mate. Cheers.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Compensations have been sent regularly. Even if they were too much based on alliance activites, while some players - mostly or exclusively - experienced the bugs in the monthly personal activities, I think Kabam did well and enough.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

What about new Cavs, who may see Cav EQ as a similar difficulty to Act 6? Cav EQ is not difficult for you, but remember there is a wide spectrum of players who play this game.
    OK. I get that and I did take into account the new cavs or the new uc players too. New cav players would have found the cav eq difficult regardless or bugs and there will be some items used to explore cav eq by new players. This bug just makes it more item intensive.
    Kabam will compensate with shards, regardless of what I say, so I don't even know what is the issue. I have been saying from the start this is from my perspective. Not for everyone. Not even other players who have explored act 6, just me. 😂
    You weren’t saying “MEQ SEQ are easy to me” you literally said “ Kabam advised people to stay away from difficult content, SEQ and MEQ are not difficult content.”
    I said it at the start of the thread. Of course I will only talk about myself. I cannot speak for everyone who plays the game when it comes to difficulty of a content. It varies with skill and roster. You said summer of pain was easy, I thought it was appropriate difficulty for the rewards.
    That’s very much a different situation and you know it. You’re saying people should only get what they missed due to the bug, some people missed out on MEQ and SEQ rewards, you and I didn’t since we don’t find it as hard, but I can see beyond myself and imagine that not completing MEQ due to a bug would be frustrating. You accept then, that MEQ and SEQ should be covered in the compensation?
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It sounds like they fixed it up for IOS but there are still problems on Android.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Searmenis said:

Pulyaman said:

Jeal79 said:

Pulyaman said:

That’s very much a different situation and you know it. You’re saying people should only get what they missed due to the bug, some people missed out on MEQ and SEQ rewards, you and I didn’t since we don’t find it as hard, but I can see beyond myself and imagine that not completing MEQ due to a bug would be frustrating. You accept then, that MEQ and SEQ should be covered in the compensation?
    I don't agree completely, but I can accept the argument that not everyone was affected equally and it's fine to include meq and seq. Do you think that arena and incursions should also be covered too then? If meq and seq are covered, they should be too I think.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    I'm on Android and had seldom issues. Since the update it's significantly worse. Now I have long loading time and now losing connection awhile in aq. This is just getting ridiculous!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    JimmyB said:

I'm on Android and had seldom issues. Since the update it's significantly worse. Now I have long loading time and now losing connection awhile in aq. This is just getting ridiculous!

This sounds more like an internet problem than anything pertaining to parry/dexterity.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    I personally can’t think of a good reason why compensation wouldn’t cover some missed incursions and arena time, but it looks like Kabam has already decided what things they will be compensating for in the announcement:

1. AW Season delay (small amount of shards and catalysts?)
    2. Items used (pretty obviously revives, heals and maybe some boosts)
    3. Some gifts for staying patient (this better be big if they want to earn back some good-will)
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Wicket329 said:

JimmyB said:

This sounds more like an internet problem than anything pertaining to parry/dexterity.
    No it's not a internet problem. It's a kabam problem! Like I said before, I had seldom issues until I downloaded the recent update. Reading is fundamental!
    And just to be clear, I'm not here to argue or mince words. I'm clearly stating what's happened since I downloaded the update. It may have fixed others, but mine is worse. I didn't having any connection issues whatsoever until this update. And the only connection issues is during Aq if that clarifies anything. But thanks for your input.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s improved for me, on iOS
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

JimmyB said:

I agree. But I'd like to hear from @DNA3000 if tweaking the Unity Engine could have any effects like that. Or if would only notice it on the gameplay side.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    So my gameplay seems fine. No issues that I can tell.. they seem to be resolved for me.

BUT!
    So I've only been doing arena since and the AI is crazy, I'm getting intercepted when I definitely shouldn't, it's like some omega level player taking a new op champ in to rol and I'm winter soldier 🤣
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I'm on Android and I did 2 fights in a Variant since the update. The first was flawless. The start of the 2nd, the game clearly did not register my parry. Very small sample size so can't really make any conclusions, but it honestly didn't feel any different so far.

I'll try again later tonight.
  • For me the parry bug really hit me hard all last month. Maybe 25% of the time my parry would land, 25% of the time the 'timing would be off' and it wouldn't count as a parry, and about 50% of the time I'd just take a combo to the face.

Since the recent update parry has felt fine for the most part, but now sometimes my attack inputs suddenly cease in the middle of a combo. Like I'll be mashing the right side of the screen, yet my champ will sometimes just stop attacking and stand there despite my inputs. At first I thought maybe it was just water in my case or something, but it happens even without the case, and I'm using a phone that's been out of the box for a bit over a week. I use an iPhone and this new input-eating bug seems to happen a lot more infrequently than the parry bug did, but it's still incredibly annoying to take a combo to the face for no good reason when you were in the middle of hitting the opponent.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    JollyHawk said:

Wicket329 said:

JimmyB said:

I agree. But I'd like to hear from @DNA3000 if tweaking the Unity Engine could have any effects like that. Or if would only notice it on the gameplay side.
    It cannot in general, but we don't know the complete contents of what is in the update. It might contain only engine fixes for the Unity upgrade, or it might contain other things as well since the developers are also working on the memory leak issue which has been causing crashes, lag, and other problems for months now (going back to the beginning of the year in fact). I know for a fact that problem has not yet been fully resolved yet, and manifests differently for different players depending on how they play the game (since the problem is related to how the game client manages memory as it swaps resources in and out to do what the player is asking it to do moment by moment).

If people see problems that appear unrelated to the Parry/Dex bug with the latest update, they should still report them to Kabam.