**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry Hotfix: How does it affect your game?

Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
As the title says, the hotfix went live for many if not most of us today, but are things better or are things worse? Or are they more of the same? Post about you experience below!

Parry Hotfix: How does it affect your game? 285 votes

Parry/Dex is working great again (Reliable Dex/parries are back)
10%
GroundedWisdomLeNoirFaineantTheManMythLegendSempaidavidBlitzattackYoMovesDragonMCOCLordabckSnurrisGrootman1294playinggameletCr7ms7rs7RockypantherxstrongmandibleJollyHawkTimeGenesisBawa69IronGladiator22IRQQfury 30 votes
Parry/Dex is working better but not like normal (More reliable Dex/parries)
25%
DrZolaCarmel1Severus35VceeAce_03CristalmanTendersquaddalexander1974Lvernon15CropDuster16wegnerkTaintedfrodo2377LilMaddogHTSyndicatedlIPowerIlScopeotoe987AdarshmahadevDenzel116Wine_Lover 74 votes
Parry/Dex still feels the same to me after the update (No change)
27%
DeeparviBadroseGarryDKDanielRandSpity68FabiusBRCaptain_007_Batmania15Vuskajdrum663Speedbumpbm3eppsSpicyslicerUncle_Fatty_247Fredhorst23WingTSETonyViegas1990MasterduxRbk19Pizzabeat 77 votes
Parry/Dex feel worse for me after the update (More frequent Dex/parry issues)
27%
Crine60Mr_PlatypusHaji_SaabRaganatorRyanGolfkmbell81yossShakyJake743McOBGAndyscouse86Kamikaze_TurtleTreininJmd82harit82CaramesEoD_BawsPanchulon21yuwArchdemon_TheHoodedDormammu 77 votes
I’ve had no issues with parry.
9%
TerraShadowstrikeTheHeroDeservedDRTOredsoxpatsfan89PikoluAmazing_Demon05KnordyLeathersmw2017Thicco_ModeUvoginIcy000Aomine_Daiki109832057573CapdevilasebSwarmOfRavensChikelSTARKtechStebo_79Negative_100 27 votes

Comments

• Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    I've been grinding resources so haven't been doing challenging content, so it could boil down to the weird AI of lower-end content, or the parry issues still exist for me.

Either way, I'm missing parries noticeably and it feels the same.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Noticeably better. Just did a quest in cav eq.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Working good again.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    edited August 2021
    Parry still bug after update to 32.1.1
    Still getting hit by combo when i really think i'm doing good well-time block... and with block positions after that fails, i get combo hits.
    Dex also not in the right time... i already dash back to dex but it look like fail to move and.. again.. got combo hits..
    Not once... i get this in Arena today and AW too.
    This is insane.
    How Kabam will start AW when they cannot fix this first ?

My device : Samsung Galaxy S10+ Snapdragon with 8GB memory.
    Android : 10
    No problem with internet connection.
    Mcoc ver : 32.1.1
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Works better before now I got parry message but no parry at all...
    or in some fights every second is working.
    Dexterity is completly dessapear co ...
    I think we are Kabameeeddddddd
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Parries have been fine. Dex on the other hand, has been a problem. I keep getting backdraft intercepted too :neutral:
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I'll reserve judgement for later when I can try it without being newly awake (which usually means I'm super sluggish myself and will miss parries even without a bug), but it doesn't feel too different. I went into AQ and got absolutely wrecked. It was only because I was using Colossus and he's a tanky beast that I managed to clear my path to the first node, but he missed parries like there was no tomorrow.

But as I said, that can very well just be a "me problem" because I'm still a bit tired. Additionally, I never really experienced the bug to the crazy extent that some others did, so I'm not really the person whose problems needs to be fixed.
  • DedaDeda Posts: 43
    I still have problems with parry. Sometimes everything works and sometimes it does not. Same as before hot fix. For me problem is not solved.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    I vote without trying properly, after playing 7.2 i realised problem is not solved. Parry and dex is not working properly yet better then before but not so good.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I've noticed stun not working intermittently. It'll register (the word "stun" will show up) but the defender will not be stunned. It happened in arena against Karnak if that matters. It made me pay attention since but I haven't noticed it again, could've been a fluke.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    It hasn’t changed one bit, it’s actually the same with missing a parry that was well timed.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 299 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Works good on newer phone, doesn't work in about 80% of takes on older one. That might be the phone's issue however since nothing in the game works properly there.

I do however notice that parry stuns seem to be shorter. As in, parry into heavy attack in arena against limber mastery opponents used to be possible. Now the stun always ends before the heavy lands.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    For me the parry issue is much improved, but my dexes do not seem to register as frequently, which is pretty painful..
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,485 Guardian
    The game has been working great for me and I miss like 1 out of a 1000 parries and dexs due to the game. They rest of the time I miss them because I'm still not good at this game 🤣
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I hadn’t had any issues with parry before this update but now I am starting to notice them quite often
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    It definitely feels worse now. I even have cases now where the "Parry" text shows up and it doesn't stun the opponent. Also had one case where I couldn't get controls to register at all for the first like 2 seconds of a fight. Feels completely broken now.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    iPhone 12 Pro. Feels significantly worse. It would come and go before the update. Now every AQ and AQ fight I am experience problems with Dex and Parry. Starting Season 28 is going to be a bad idea. I will likely have to step away from my alliance.
  • Yale007Yale007 Posts: 39
    iPad has been overheating since the last update.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★
    My new iPad Pro is still taking face blocks and input drops of all types.
    How are we expected to participate in the SOP boss rush like this?
    Compensation is great, buttttt not being able to competitively play top tier events is an issue.

@Kabam Miike Why not leave this boss rush up until the bug has been properly addressed?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    At first I thought it fixed the problem but after few more fights in AQ\AW\Cav EQ I still have some random fights that parry didn't trigger... even in simple situations like after 5 hits combo or the one right after the fight start...
  • ReigncoatReigncoat Posts: 7
    I had really small issues with parry sometimes before, now it happens almost every fight AND now my dex doesn't work half the time. Worse for me for sure.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    edited August 2021
    iPad Pro 10.5
    Most recent iOS

Parry is better, but not consistent. One fight parry is pretty close to ‘normal’, then the next fight parry doesn’t work.

Dex seems to be worse. Also defender’s dash is covering a lot more of the screen. I’m wondering if increased dash distance is contributing to the Dex issues? Was seeing this before the hot fix too. Further, more champs are having a shallow dash back. One example; Cav EQ Colossus fighting Carnage boss. Dashed back 4 swipes, carnage still gets to me with his single dash, as I’m trying to dash back more to get the Dex.

At times defender’s special has more reach. Noticed this with most defender’s; Luke Cage (Sp 1&2) Sabretooth (Sp1) especially.

Specials occasionally won’t fire. More frustrating is when I hit my special and the defender’s special goes off instead and my champ just stands there thinking it’s a lunch special….?