**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stealth Spidey question

Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
He's suppose to take 100% less damage from incinerate with the IMIW synergy but was getting hurt by Maphistos Aura. Does the aura bypass this?

Comments

• Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Added note had the slow active
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    Taking 100% less doesn't mean immune in some cases .. node might boost ability accuracy etc. So in a normal situation he'd be "immune" but one never knows how nodes and such interact with synergies ya know.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I believe that would reduce the chance to activate an incinerate ability but not change the damage for any effect already present.
  • Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 82
    Mephisto is aar immune

Mephisto is aar immune

Passive AAR immune, his abilities are subject to debuffs which reduce AA.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Mephisto is aar immune

Awakened Mephisto is immune to passive AAR as @Eb0ny-O-M4w states, and I suspect that the synergy is essentially a passive AAR effect so it does nothing to stop Mephisto's incinerate aura from ticking damage on the player.
  • Think everyone might be missing the actual reason.

IMIW synergy only provides relief from Incinerate EFFECTS.

And since during Aura, it is only Incinerate Damage while opponent is close, so Aura does NOT actually apply an Incinerate Debuff (effect) on opponent. (else game would constantly have to toggle that Debuff on and off as you move closer and further away from each other).
    Pretty sure you only see the icon for Aura on Mephisto himself, not any type of Incinerate icon under opponent.

However, that Incinerate from his SP1, well that may actually be one that StealthSpidey might be able to reduce, **subject to all the above discussion about AAR**

Think everyone might be missing the actual reason.

IMIW synergy only provides relief from Incinerate EFFECTS.

And since during Aura, it is only Incinerate Damage while opponent is close, so Aura does NOT actually apply an Incinerate Debuff (effect) on opponent. (else game would constantly have to toggle that Debuff on and off as you move closer and further away from each other).
    Pretty sure you only see the icon for Aura on Mephisto himself, not any type of Incinerate icon under opponent.

However, that Incinerate from his SP1, well that may actually be one that StealthSpidey might be able to reduce, **subject to all the above discussion about AAR**

I don't *think* this is relevant, for this reason. Yes, Mephisto's damage aura does not leave a persistent effect on the target, either a debuff or a passive. But the damage is itself an effect of the aura. In other words, there's no damaging effect on the target, but I believe there is an effect that is triggered on Mephisto that deals the damage to the target. That effect is an incinerate effect, it just doesn't target Mephisto with its damage, it targets the nearby target. Because it is an effect which has a type of "incinerate" its ability accuracy can be reduced.

We normally think of "effects" as things that have a duration. But not all effects have a duration. For example, when Magik's Limbo unwinds damage, it performs an instant heal: it just dumps health points into the champion. It doesn't apply a heal buff or passive effect that generates heal over time. It just does something, all at once. This effect can be suppressed with ability accuracy reduction. I believe when Mephisto's aura "pulses" damage, those individual pulses are effects. They aren't duration effects that have to be turned on and off. They are just instantaneous effects that do something and that's it.
    I would look at blade and his interaction with Mephisto, he can prevent the aura but not the ticks.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The aura does deal incinerate damage, which is classified as an incinerate effect.

Due to that, champions that are naturally immune to "incinerate effects", or that can become immune to, don't take damage from it

I would look at blade and his interaction with Mephisto, he can prevent the aura but not the ticks.

I couldn't find anyone silly enough to stand next to Mephisto long enough to really tell, and I used up all my duel credits today, but I will definitely look at this interaction more carefully next chance I get.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Ah thanks everyone for the input
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    "Maphisto"