**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

True focus - abandon Elsa & Spidergwen?

RillianRillian Posts: 691 ★★★

I was planning to r3 Spidergwen next level up. My 2nd r3. with Elsa soon after.

With the arrival of the true focus node should I now abandon them?

How many champs have been nerfed by this node, and is there a list?

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Nah, they’re still worth ranking
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No champs have been nerfed by this node. FYI Gwen will also not be good for Size Matters, Buffed Up, Acid Wash, and many other nodes.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    By this logic one shouldn't rank up any champs that rely on bleed damage because robots exist.

True focus sucks yeah but they're still useful in other parts of the game
  • Still don’t really understand the whole true focus freak out. It’s no different than seeing any other node that’d counter/impair a champ. That’s why roster development is a thing, you aren’t supposed to be able to bring a single champ everywhere and have them shine. I will admit true focus is a rather lazy node as it hurts other champs who aren’t cheat codes to the game, but nonetheless it doesn’t make sense to stop ranking the champs that suffer from it regardless.

Just gives people a chance to say kabam is "nerfing" champs
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Elsa isn’t even worth rank 2 IMO

Very Overrated Champion who isn’t even on Par with other Skill Champions
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

Gwen only *really* loses her evade vs unblockable specials imo. I would still r3 her. As for Elsa, i wouldnt r3 her regardless of the situation so ill let the Elsa “fans” answer that one.

Ronin also evades
    Nobody uses that garbage unless it is an accident or a special you cant dex
  • Erin_2099Erin_2099 Posts: 61
    I got elsa to r3 for tb and dont regret it one bit she is incredible and underrated skill champ not overrated by any means imo a top10 in skill category. Can cold snap so opposition cant evade bust a champ n go full tilt with crazy incinerate and switch it up as n when u want her to, shes rapid quick compared to most champs u dont want to cold snap then dont. Just always finish combo on a light attack n not a medium.
  • Erin_2099Erin_2099 Posts: 61
    If people cant play ghost ghost is bad if they cant quake then quake is bad they cant use elsa then elsa is bad not there ability to use the champ is bad rather the champ is bad 😂😂
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    This node is on boss island in AW, right?

I would never let that highly specific situation impact my rank up decisions.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

This node is on boss island in AW, right?

I would never let that highly specific situation impact my rank up decisions.

For now it's on boss Island and SoP. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was added as a global for the entirety of 7.3. Kabam is shoving it in everything they are currently making
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Elsa is worth much more than just that Evade.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    No matter who we Rank, they're not going to be useful for every situation. The game is comprised of Nodes and Champs that counter others. The idea is to have a range of options for as many things as they throw at us.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Congrats! Welcome to the r3 Sgwen club!