**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Cavalier be "split"?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
What do you think, would it be a good idea to put some title+progression level between Cav and TB?

Objectively, between Cav and TB there is a huge change the players' roster undergoes. Early cavs value 5*s a lot and focus on widening their rosters through ranking up utility champs (and 5*s are cheaper and easier to awaken)

Later cavs on the other hand focus almost exclusively on 6*s (whom they collect with a r3 option in mind) and 5*s lose more and more value, until they become nearly useless (with couple exceptions).

It is ofc too late for this, since 1.9. pretty much everyone becomes TB, but hypothetically, would this ever be a good idea?

P.S. I obviously got this idea after learning that compensation will be progression based. There is imo a drastic gap between early and late cavs' needs, so it seems to me nigh impossible to put together a package that helps them both. Anyway feel free to hate me for this. I am fed up w compensation threads as much as you all are.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    There'll always be a huge difference between those who just became (title) and those who are presumably just about to become (next title). You see the same thing within Thronebreaker players, with some (like me) focusing on building and r2'ing our 6* roster with some intermittent r3s, while others are charging towards the first r4s. That's a huge difference as well, but the separating line between the two groups will come later on (most likely tied to those r4s and maybe Act 7 completion).

There's no more reason to artificially split those two groups right now than to split Cavs up. It's simply the reality of progression. Unless we want a dozen or so titles, with a new one coming with basically every new chapter in an act, there will be a clear difference between the people who've mostly put in the work to reach the next tier of progression and those who've yet to do so.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Make it so you have to have Act 5 100% and act 6.1 100% before becoming Cav.

In that case, I'd be Thronebreaker, but not cav. I guess thats not necessarily a bad idea though.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Even better make it so you have to have act 4 100%, act 5 100% and 6.1 100% lol
    And all the classic back issues
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

In that case, I'd be Thronebreaker, but not cav. I guess thats not necessarily a bad idea though.
    Obviously, the TB requirements would need to be updated as well.
    OGAvenger said:

Even better make it so you have to have act 4 100%, act 5 100% and 6.1 100% lol
    25 or 30 R5 5*'s as well.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

With SoP, any current cav need only do a single run through Act 6 to become TB. By the time compensation comes out, there should be no such thing as “a late cav”

Problem is, we can't do that with the bugs.

But no, another title is completely unnecessary.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Ebony_Naw said:

With SoP, any current cav need only do a single run through Act 6 to become TB. By the time compensation comes out, there should be no such thing as “a late cav”

Problem is, we can't do that with the bugs.

But no, another title is completely unnecessary.
    You very much can do that with bugs. And if you die, use some revives now and you’ll get them compensated by, you guessed it, the compensation.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    The requirements are fine as is and there will definitely be a lot of New ThroneBreakers (myself included) after SoP but it’s not as easy you might think

You still need to get the rest of the t5cc because Cavalier Players can get 75% Max
    You need an eligible Champion to take to rank 3
    Iso is definitely a problem to take to Rank 2 even
    6.3 Nuff Said
    Grandmaster is really tough for some other people
    Other Resources (not really a problem because of all the Glory Kabam handed to us) because we have multiple champs we might need to rank up to beat Act 6
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The only reason to do another title, is if, you change the TB requirements. Complete Act 6 for middle-title with one r3 6*, and 100% Acts 1-5 for TB. With an overhaul to crystals, rewards etc, it can be done, now that there's those Mythic crystals in the game. Better ratios for TB in daily and so on. If things stay like they are now, what's going to be the difference between cav and mid-titleds? Not much to care about I m guessing, ppl will still try for TB without thinking of this new, not-that-beneficial title.

As for Act 6 with the bugs, I did 6.2 with a lot of trouble last month and half 6.3. It cost me units, especially for The Champion boss. Without the bugs, and mostly the screen freezes and the champs moving on their own, that's My bigger problem btw, I would have spent at least half these units, and maybe got to complete Act 6. I already am 900 shards away from a skill catalyst I can obviously, easily get. It's not that I m overflowing on revives @BitterSteel to be able to finish my path to TB, I ll have to spend money on units to buy more at the moment, because of, guess what, the bugs.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    The gap between CAV and TB is immense.

But that's the way it is and just about everyone has suffered from it. It's a design decision made by Kabam and let's be honest, it's a poor one.

They could ease it up, and I think SOP is their way of giving the TB title to more ppl who've been stuck for months trying to get there.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    The gap between Uncollected and Cavalier is also huge, and so does between Conqueror and Uncollected. I do think Elder's Bane could be a separate in between tier (although technically you can become Elder's Bane before Cavalier).
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I'm a late Cav, nearly at TB - will be after SoP rewards but my 5*s are faaaar from nearly useless. If you shove me in a quest with my highest ranked 6*s I'll die. I need my 5* roster (what am I meant to do without AA?)

Probably is different for a late TB though with multiple r3s.
    Gmonkey said:

Thronebreaker will need another title soon. I assume an r4 and 7.4 complete so next feb.

Call it Superior Cavalier.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

The gap between Uncollected and Cavalier is also huge, and so does between Conqueror and Uncollected. I do think Elder's Bane could be a separate in between tier (although technically you can become Elder's Bane before Cavalier).

Completely disagree.

The jump from UC to Cav bears no resemblance to the jump from Cav to TB

Just the 4 hourly crystals are a huge improvement, not to mention the access to event milestones, deals and overall value for units.