**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Showdown Rewards

Are there just none this year? I could’ve sworn there were some last year like 5k 5 star shards for each fight or something. Am I tripping?

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    The fight is quite fun in on itself. 3* not maxed out Shang Chi just soloed for me in bronze.
    It costs 0 energy too.

So far, I like it from a fight perspective. Better rewards would have been nice I'm enjoying it for now.
  • RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
    DNA3000 said:

Riciton said:

It's an event that I won't be bothering with. It's absolute rubbish, the pic doesn't even look good. This month has been a bad month. I've done everything worth doing and now this just feels like a slap in the face. On the plus side I can take a break from the game for a while.

Perhaps it feels like a slap in the face because that's the appropriate response to this particular attitude.

Everything in the game isn't here to pour resources into your pockets. Some of it is intended to be a challenge, and challenges with too high rewards, or sometimes any rewards, fall into the problem of players believing that they deserve those rewards, and thus the challenge needs to be toned down to their level. This literally happened the last time around. By eliminating the rewards except for cosmetic ones, the content can be designed as a pure challenge meant for people who want that challenge explicitly, and don't need to be bribed to participate in it. If you're not one of those people, then it is not for you. Since there are no rewards, there's nothing to lose by passing on it. But it isn't rubbish just because you happen to not be one of those players capable of enjoying a pure challenge.

While you're sitting around with nothing at all to do, maybe this would be a good time to sharpen your playing skills, or practicing higher content, or learning how your champs work. All of that is part of the game, and a part I don't believe you've completely mastered yet. Or you can take a break from the game, and come back next month in exactly the same state you are in now, wondering where the next giant bucket of rewards is supposed to fall from.
    It's rubbish because not everyone has appropriate champs to participate. I can't afford to spend gold on 3* champs and I can't afford to spend t4 basics on my 4* champs so I don't have much to have a go. If I could get something back then maybe I could invest in my lower tier champs. I'm not asking for fantastic rewards but something for the effort would be nice, even if it were resources for those specific tier champs.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Riciton said:

DNA3000 said:

Riciton said:

It's an event that I won't be bothering with. It's absolute rubbish, the pic doesn't even look good. This month has been a bad month. I've done everything worth doing and now this just feels like a slap in the face. On the plus side I can take a break from the game for a while.

Perhaps it feels like a slap in the face because that's the appropriate response to this particular attitude.

Everything in the game isn't here to pour resources into your pockets. Some of it is intended to be a challenge, and challenges with too high rewards, or sometimes any rewards, fall into the problem of players believing that they deserve those rewards, and thus the challenge needs to be toned down to their level. This literally happened the last time around. By eliminating the rewards except for cosmetic ones, the content can be designed as a pure challenge meant for people who want that challenge explicitly, and don't need to be bribed to participate in it. If you're not one of those people, then it is not for you. Since there are no rewards, there's nothing to lose by passing on it. But it isn't rubbish just because you happen to not be one of those players capable of enjoying a pure challenge.

While you're sitting around with nothing at all to do, maybe this would be a good time to sharpen your playing skills, or practicing higher content, or learning how your champs work. All of that is part of the game, and a part I don't believe you've completely mastered yet. Or you can take a break from the game, and come back next month in exactly the same state you are in now, wondering where the next giant bucket of rewards is supposed to fall from.
    It's rubbish because not everyone has appropriate champs to participate. I can't afford to spend gold on 3* champs and I can't afford to spend t4 basics on my 4* champs so I don't have much to have a go. If I could get something back then maybe I could invest in my lower tier champs. I'm not asking for fantastic rewards but something for the effort would be nice, even if it were resources for those specific tier champs.
    You have 14 days to choose an up the right champion to do each fights !
    so if kabam give a gem to rank up a 3 stars, you will have the resources to rank up a 3 stars in order to try the challenge and win the gem ? a bit weird...
    I do hope there will be rewards, like the first showdown, but even there is non i will try the challenge at least to see i can do as well as known top players :wink: