**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nebula Worth r2?

PtkVascoPtkVasco Posts: 161
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
6 star Nebula worth r2?

Nebula Worth r2? 62 votes

Yes
37%
TheTAbyssSaiyanTheManMythLegendGQuantaoTheMightyKahrJuggerNotCanuckDownUnderDylanphileMorpheus_123abqberSirmacoolSuperchampion_TSR6225GiuliameijFTPAllDayScrubhanYodabolt21jbxotiicPoseidon10000utline 23 votes
No
62%
World EaterBENJI830AspenRacs0Hammerbro_64Raymundo86rockykostonAgentDoom9Gustavo20TitoBandito187shadow_lurker22NapaHeroRookiieDenslo500Dart1981NomedYeshuaNetbreakerDfour24Aomine_Daiki10skylandload 39 votes
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    No
    If she had higher block prof maybe
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I think there are two answers to that question.

The first one is simple: "No". She's not in the top-tier whatsoever.

However, I think that there is another thing to consider, which leads me to the second answer: "Maybe."

Why maybe? Well, maybe she has some use for specific content you need to clear. Bring her into the Cavalier difficulty of EQ and see if she's useful there. I ranked up my Angela even before her buff because she was super useful there, despite not being the best champion out there. But she cleared the content I ranked her up for so who cares where she is on some non-EQ tier list? Maybe the same is true for Nebula. I haven't tried her out but I think that there are a few where she can work.

It's also possible that she's good for certain lanes in Act 7, or maybe you have the tech variant left and she can be good there? I don't really know where she'd shine but I think it can be good to not completely rule out ranking up champs. Especially if you enjoy playing them.

I personally ranked up my 6* Howard the Duck recently so that I can use his synergy to steal prowess off opponents. That seems super useful to me. I haven't had the opportunity to really test it out but I look forward to doing so eventually.

I'll also r3 my Punisher 2099, which some of my alliance mates thought was absolute madness but which is a decision I stand by firmly simply because I like how he controls the opponent's power. He's not the highest-rated and I'll admit in a heartbeat that, while his damage is much better than it was pre-buff, he's still not the hardest-hitter. But he doesn't need to be. He does what he does really well, and that's what he needs to do.

So try her out and see if there is somewhere where you can imagine yourself using her. Maybe try her out in EQ and see if she works out. My r1 Old Man Logan was a miracle worker in one of the mutant quests a few months ago, and I've found him pretty sustainable in AQ as well, so I might rank him up eventually.

Good luck either way!
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    No
    Have her as a 6* awakened and as long as her block prof stays that low, my answer is no.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    No
    Don't give her any iso
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    No
    I've tried.
    She is impractical for anything but ROL Winter Soldier.
  • ThatOneSaviourThatOneSaviour Posts: 76
    No
    I say no, but she can clear high content.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Guardian exists
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    No

Hoitado said:

Guardian exists
    You would bring guardian for nebula? I would just bring guardian.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    She’s absolutely worth r2 if you don’t have better 6* tech options and her utility can help you clear some content.

Echoing a similar comment above, she’s not regarded as “top 10 tech” overall, but she’s one of those champs w specific utility that can clear tricky fights/bosses. In particular am thinking her ability to shut down robots with 5 or more shock charges. And her synergy w Proxima starts her off with 10. This was my solution for late Act 5 early Act 6 robots a la Ultron and Sentinel, and she worked great.

Her dot burst damage with 20 shock charges + sp2 is also among best in the game. plus the robot immunities.

These factors also lead me to believe she’s a good target for buff program, a moderate number mbers boost to some of her base kit and/or some additional utility tweaks could easily have her relevant again.

And there’s Guardian for her block pro.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you’ve got a ranked up Proxima that you use regularly alongside Corvus, maybe. I was considering taking mine to R3 just to watch the shock stacks but it’s far more effort than it’s worth.

She’s a real candidate for a slight tuneup that could turn her into a brilliant champion. A way to not accidentally release shock charges on parries and better block proficiency and an increased charge rate is all she needs.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    No
    Mauled said:

If you’ve got a ranked up Proxima that you use regularly alongside Corvus, maybe. I was considering taking mine to R3 just to watch the shock stacks but it’s far more effort than it’s worth.

She’s a real candidate for a slight tuneup that could turn her into a brilliant champion. A way to not accidentally release shock charges on parries and better block proficiency and an increased charge rate is all she needs.

Something akin to the gambit buff would work nicely on nebula
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    No
    Until then I’d say she’s not worth it
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Yes
    If I had a 6* Nebula, I would absolutely take her to rank 2 without question but that’s only because I love the character and enjoy using her. I wouldn’t recommend taking her to rank 2 unless you enjoy using her. She has a tricky play style so she’s not for everyone but she has good utility and huge damage.

Nebula does have a very big downside and it’s not her block proficiency. Nebula has a play style that requires you to play most of the fight defensively. You spend most of the fight holding block and dashing back. Couple this with her low block proficiency and the inability to parry frequently, it makes her impractical for a lot of content.

There’s a good chance she gets buffed so if and when she does, I hope they give her another way to gain shock charges. Maybe I’ll do a write-up about how I would buff her but changing her play style would make her more accessible to use.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Yes

Wow people really dont see the value with nebula. There is a guy in top tier ally who uses a nebula for aw and just shreds things down so fast. She could do with a minor buff for sure. But shes very solid still

I totally agree. I’ve been hunting for a 5 or 6 star version of her for so long. I wouldn’t hesitate to take her to r2 and maybe even r3. I might do a write up about how I would improve her but she’s already a solid champ.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Yes
    if you don't have any other options then go for it. To be clear I am just going off of BG's Unzo challenge, she is slightly underrated.