**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spiderman 2099 and venom syn broken

ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
I acquired spider man 2099 and discovered this syn

Being a r3 venom owner I was very interested to try this. So winter soldier here I come.

Base for my syn team and mastery combo 5 hits. The screen shot is the 5th hit that was critical. I have 2 furies, 3 cruelty and 1 armour up. Respectable 5617 damage

Now time to parry heavy to get the 50% aptitude 2 furies, 2 cruelty (one was eaten for the heavy) but now 1 precision.
My thoughts is with 50% more of what buffs I got should be 1 more fury, 1 more cruelty (but that equals original before heavy) and half a precision but imagine my surprise to see the end of combo come out at 5575

That's right, I actually deal less damage now.

I'm not seeing why this syn should lower the damage at all.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The aptitude might only Apply to new buffs while it is present. This would explain why the damage was reduced, you dropped a cruelty and didn’t get a new buff.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

The aptitude might only Apply to new buffs while it is present. This would explain why the damage was reduced, you dropped a cruelty and didn’t get a new buff.

Not how it is worded but I'll recheck my footage. Hopefully your right just means parry heavy then sp2 go ham.
    I worked it out but I still think it is wrong. I messed up the syn it doesn't affect my cruelty buff just precision, fury and armour up.

What is happening is my non critical hits are increasing by roughly 200 a hit. It appears the fury attack increase is not interacting with the cruelty buff of venom. So unless you sp2 spam this syn is useless.

This seems odd though as I know that is not the case with the fury buffs, cruelty and aptitude from cav node.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

I worked it out but I still think it is wrong. I messed up the syn it doesn't affect my cruelty buff just precision, fury and armour up.

What is happening is my non critical hits are increasing by roughly 200 a hit. It appears the fury attack increase is not interacting with the cruelty buff of venom. So unless you sp2 spam this syn is useless.

This seems odd though as I know that is not the case with the fury buffs, cruelty and aptitude from cav node.

Not entirely sure what you mean but aptitude isn't supposed to increase the potency of cruelty. It only works for fury, armour up and precision.
    edited August 2021

Not entirely sure what you mean but aptitude isn't supposed to increase the potency of cruelty. It only works for fury, armour up and precision.
    What I'm getting at is.
    My raise in attack fury buff works on non critical hits.
    Cruelty is raising my attack critical hits.

So Cruelty is overriding the fury buff. The 2 don't interact.

Made up numbers but makes a break down easier for my explanation.

Normal hit 500 damage
    Fury hit 900 damage
    Fury with aptitude 1000 damage
    Crit hit 700 damage
    Cruelty critical 1000 damage

Cruelty with 5 fury critical hit 1000 damage.
    Cruelty with 5 fury hits and aptitude critical hit 1000 damage

See how the fury and cruelty don't work together and that also explains my lower attack in the photo. 1 more fury (thanks to aptitude) 1 less Cruelty so I lost that damage.

For some reason my anwser disappeared in the abyss. If it pops up a second time sorry.

My easy breakdown of what I mean using made up numbers.

Hit 500 damage
    Hit with fury 700 damage
    Hit with fury and aptitude 900 damage
    Critical hit 700 damage
    Critical hit with cruelty 1000 damage

Critical hit with cruelty and fury 1000 damage
    Critical hit with cruelty and 3 furies and aptitude 1000 damage.

So cruelty and fury on venom normal buffs aren't interacting with each other and that is why my attack was lower in those photos.
    For further 3 fury and aptitude

As compared to my one before with furies and aptitude which dealt 5575