Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hotfix? What Hotfix?

AlecFantasticAlecFantastic Posts: 159 ★★★
edited August 17 in Bugs and Known Issues
Now before I start I just wanted to state my purpose for this post. I am not here to even mention compensation, I just want the game to be playable again. I want to bring the issues I’ve experienced to the attention of Kabam so they can hopefully be addressed as well as see if anyone else has experienced these same issues to make sure I’m not going crazy.

So I’ve been experiencing so many more issues since this hotfix went live, and for reference I’m playing on an IPhone 12 Pro Max that isn’t even a year old, my internet and data are excellent and everything else runs fine on my end. Throughout the parry bug saga (pre hotfix) I had experienced it occasionally in arenas, regularly in incursions, and maybe twice a week in AQ. But now, it’s worse, so much worse.

Issues in General Gameplay:

The following I’ve experienced throughout the entire game not just any one game mode or against a specific node just normal playing.

1. For me starting a fight trying to parry seems to now have a 50/50 chance of it actually landing. I never had this issue before.

2. There seems to be a little more of a delay after a 5 hit combo or Special attack by both me or the defenders.

3. The defenders seem to be holding their specials no matter how much baiting and standing next to them I do.

4. I can’t tell if parry itself is delayed or early but trying to look closely as I’m playing I’m parrying with the same timing I was before to get a perfect block and it results in just a regular block, or sometimes misses completely and I take a combo.

5. Specials are not working. In a few fights I’ve clicked on the special 3x trying to throw it and it still doesn’t.

6. Incorrect inputs, I’ve had instances where I’m doing a 5 hit combo (MLLLM) and instead of the second medium attack working instead my champ randomly dashes back, and it’s not a finger swipe error/accident.

7. Server “WiFi” Symbol likes to make a regular appearance trying to move tiles in questing after everything was moving smoothly just moments before.

Issues Specifically in Arena:

1. The AI likes to just stand there, sometimes they do it just to parry the second I go in for an attack, other times I’ve had them do it the entire fight and I couple just combo into them over and over without them fighting back.

2. My champs seem to not be hitting as hard. I run “Suicide” masteries and use the same trios over and over in Arenas. Going up against the same group of Kang/Thanos teams with my same trio matchups I can see that they are not winning the fights quite as quickly as before without any changes in my playstyle.

3. Help button does not work. Sometimes my champs don’t even show up with the help button for the entire day. Other times I hit it and the game freezes completely or I just can’t scroll up or down. Sometimes it results in my champs being duplicated and it shows 2 and then I can’t move either of them.

4. Game crashes after about 5 matchups or begins running brutally slow through the load screens or the champ selection screen.

5. Trying to apply a boost has a 50/50 shot my game crashes.

I’ve already updated the game to the hotfix, even deleted and redownloaded the game to try to see if that fixed anything and same issues occurred.

These are the issues I’m experiencing the most right now and I hope Kabam can use some of these as reference for what they may need to look into.

If you have been experiencing anything I mentioned above or maybe even want to add something that you are experiencing that I didn’t list feel free to add it below so that maybe they can fix that too.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 1,840 ★★★★
    Did you uninstall the game and clear application cache I did that seemed to help. Will test in aq.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,952 ★★★★★
    The game seems mostly fixed for me, but I am not doubting you.
  • NomedYeshuaNomedYeshua Posts: 182 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

It’s literally like there was a minor fix, but as time goes on, the game reverts back to its awful state. And the AI speed has increased as well, and their recovery times. This is pretty ridiculous, I get what the issues are, but kabam should of been more forward thinking, than reacting. And I know some things my have been unforeseen, but common sense would have you test the mechanics of the game if you have a server change… Then make adjustments before going live.

It's not a server change. It's a whole game engine change. It's literally like removing an old engine from an old car and putting in a new engine from a newer model into the old car. Sure it's compatible, but there will be hiccups and there will be work to get it running properly.
    Wow, even worse then, I thought it was only a server change, tough, because they can’t pull down the whole game to test I guess. You would think they would have a somewhat live way to test, before releasing.
  • AlecFantasticAlecFantastic Posts: 159 ★★★

@Colinwhitworth69 yeah that’s why it’s so weird about it, because before during the Parry Bug Saga it wasn’t as bad for me as it was for many others. But now it’s reversed with the hotfix and I’m experiencing much more of it than maybe some others are. That’s kinda why I wanted to make the post to bring attention to the issues and see how it’s affecting others since it seems to affect everyone differently even before the hotfix.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 201 ★★

@Colinwhitworth69 yeah that’s why it’s so weird about it, because before during the Parry Bug Saga it wasn’t as bad for me as it was for many others. But now it’s reversed with the hotfix and I’m experiencing much more of it than maybe some others are. That’s kinda why I wanted to make the post to bring attention to the issues and see how it’s affecting others since it seems to affect everyone differently even before the hotfix.
    100% this. Before the hotfix, I had a few issues with parry (maybe a couple per day). However, since the hotfix it feels like it kicked into overdrive. Especially the dashing back for no reason and parry not registering much more.

I have noticed the bots in arena just sitting there. Can't say I have noticed not hitting as hard though. However, I do barely pay attention while I'm grinding arena.
  • GabebravoGabebravo Posts: 25
    Hot tricks.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,890 ★★★★
    Honestly it gets worse every week when aq starts, I’d say it improves during the aq week
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 473 ★★★
    Before the hotfix, I did had all these, but not every day, with the exception of the help button in arenas, if I hit "help" to a second champ before the 1st one "disappears, the game freezes and I have to restart my phone.

After the hotfix, the only thing that works fine, is dexterity. Everything else you mentioned is double or triple the time. Especially the screen freezes during fights. Some of the times I get 3 freezes in a single fight now.
  • HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 44

Now before I start I just wanted to state my purpose for this post. I am not here to even mention compensation, I just want the game to be playable again. I want to bring the issues I’ve experienced to the attention of Kabam so they can hopefully be addressed as well as see if anyone else has experienced these same issues to make sure I’m not going crazy.

So I’ve been experiencing so many more issues since this hotfix went live, and for reference I’m playing on an IPhone 12 Pro Max that isn’t even a year old, my internet and data are excellent and everything else runs fine on my end. Throughout the parry bug saga (pre hotfix) I had experienced it occasionally in arenas, regularly in incursions, and maybe twice a week in AQ. But now, it’s worse, so much worse.

The following I’ve experienced throughout the entire game not just any one game mode or against a specific node just normal playing.

1. For me starting a fight trying to parry seems to now have a 50/50 chance of it actually landing. I never had this issue before.

2. There seems to be a little more of a delay after a 5 hit combo or Special attack by both me or the defenders.

3. The defenders seem to be holding their specials no matter how much baiting and standing next to them I do.

4. I can’t tell if parry itself is delayed or early but trying to look closely as I’m playing I’m parrying with the same timing I was before to get a perfect block and it results in just a regular block, or sometimes misses completely and I take a combo.

5. Specials are not working. In a few fights I’ve clicked on the special 3x trying to throw it and it still doesn’t.

6. Incorrect inputs, I’ve had instances where I’m doing a 5 hit combo (MLLLM) and instead of the second medium attack working instead my champ randomly dashes back, and it’s not a finger swipe error/accident.

7. Server “WiFi” Symbol likes to make a regular appearance trying to move tiles in questing after everything was moving smoothly just moments before.

1. The AI likes to just stand there, sometimes they do it just to parry the second I go in for an attack, other times I’ve had them do it the entire fight and I couple just combo into them over and over without them fighting back.

2. My champs seem to not be hitting as hard. I run “Suicide” masteries and use the same trios over and over in Arenas. Going up against the same group of Kang/Thanos teams with my same trio matchups I can see that they are not winning the fights quite as quickly as before without any changes in my playstyle.

3. Help button does not work. Sometimes my champs don’t even show up with the help button for the entire day. Other times I hit it and the game freezes completely or I just can’t scroll up or down. Sometimes it results in my champs being duplicated and it shows 2 and then I can’t move either of them.

4. Game crashes after about 5 matchups or begins running brutally slow through the load screens or the champ selection screen.

I’ve already updated the game to the hotfix, even deleted and redownloaded the game to try to see if that fixed anything and same issues occurred.

These are the issues I’m experiencing the most right now and I hope Kabam can use some of these as reference for what they may need to look into.

If you have been experiencing anything I mentioned above or maybe even want to add something that you are experiencing that I didn’t list feel free to add it below so that maybe they can fix that too.

Same Issues-also iphone 12 pro-max. My game was mostly working fine prior to the hot fix. Occasional dropped inputs but rare. Now i am having all the issues you described except I hadn't noticed my champs not hitting as hard. I have only done side quest/arena since the hotfix so haven't been paying close attention to that. I'll watch.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    My champ just holds block even though am not touching my screen. This happens once in a while though.
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Similar issues for me on Note 20 Ultra, with the addition of occasionally, when I dash / medium, it chucks a heavy instead, which I've never had before
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Also getting incredible amounts of lag, even on hyper WiFi with 300/500MB Internet, or 5G at about 40-70MB

It's still better than it was last month, but the lag and 5 hit dex and random heavy or ignoring inputs are definitely still present
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

It’s literally like there was a minor fix, but as time goes on, the game reverts back to its awful state. And the AI speed has increased as well, and their recovery times. This is pretty ridiculous, I get what the issues are, but kabam should of been more forward thinking, than reacting. And I know some things my have been unforeseen, but common sense would have you test the mechanics of the game if you have a server change… Then make adjustments before going live.

It's not a server change. It's a whole game engine change. It's literally like removing an old engine from an old car and putting in a new engine from a newer model into the old car. Sure it's compatible, but there will be hiccups and there will be work to get it running properly.
    Wow, even worse then, I thought it was only a server change, tough, because they can’t pull down the whole game to test I guess. You would think they would have a somewhat live way to test, before releasing.
    If I remember correctly, in one of DNA’s explainers on the subject he talked about how for a game that updates frequently like MCOC, a test build isn’t feasible from a resource perspective. I believe he said it works for bigger games that aren’t on such tight turnaround cycles.

I am very much not a programmer/designer/tech-guy though, I’m just trying to remember what somebody smarter than me said on the subject.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 752 ★★★
    Same here. Before the hotfix there was some issues but the game was still playable. Now it's a different story and it's worse than ever. I did a couple of path on monthly EQ and lost 3 champions before the final boss. Never happened before, NEVER, not even playing with 4*
  • Fauteau_1Fauteau_1 Posts: 6
    I’ve noticed it to be worse since the hot fix, parry/dex is worse and champs not hitting as hard, also had a few times mid combo the ai is able to throw a sp attack some how and had a few times in arena the ai hitting through my blocks
  • AlecFantasticAlecFantastic Posts: 159 ★★★
    So I had another interesting one just happen to me and it’s like a lot of you have mentioned that the AI recovers before you get your last hit in. Well I was doing Cav EQ Exploration in the Peni Parker level and using Warlock since you need a tech to apply shock, I was doing the Rocket Raccoon fight and used my SP1, he combo’d me in THE MIDDLE of my special, Warlock was still shooting his shocks from SP1 and I noticed him break free and start hitting me mid animation.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 4,594 ★★★★★
    Yep, I’m working through the SL Lab challenge and just got punched through my parry for the nth time. Probably chose a bad time to do this challenge
  • KronyxKronyx Posts: 2
    Same with me. Before I notice the Parry issue but was able to work through it by holding block a little longer. Some times there were missed inputs but I was able to get through content. Now, it's unbearable. When I hold heavy it dashes back or goes into block. And when I dash back it just dashes forward. Or if I hold block it dashes back. I can not play the game under these conditions.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,520 Guardian

ItsDamien said:

The problems were, and are, very subtle to test for. Even now there are players who believe that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the game. There are other people who thought it was fine before and is broken now. The problem is that the issues are very subtle timing problems, and different people react to timing issues in different ways. Some people barely noticed the problems at all and simply adapted to them. If you simply relearn the timing of the game the problem mostly vanishes from view. On top of that on some platforms the game was more inconsistent than others, which means some people were seeing different timing at different times: sometimes the game could play exactly the same and sometimes different, on the same phone played by the same player.

It would have taken a large number of players a significant amount of time to know something was wrong. In every build, *someone* always claims something has broken, even when nothing has broken. So you would need a lot of testers to simultaneously claim something was wrong, and the same something was wrong, before you knew there was actually something wrong if the problem wasn't something obvious and reproducible.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 173 ★★★
    Chalk me up as one of those people whose experience was relatively fine but is now in a world of pain 😔

My dashback is pretty non existant. AI is lunging at me - and getting me - any time it wants.

Timing is not right and I can't "adjust" to it coz I simply can't do anything about it. My champs get frozen in animation and as a result Im getting comboed to the face.

Also, I've never heard as much general complaints about performance from team mates as with the start of AQ tonight. Different phones and yet the same rants all night. Parry fail, evade fail, timing weird, lag, frozen champs, champs throwing unwanted heavies, AI too fast recovery, and the list goes on.

The fix did not work unfortunately.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,566 ★★★★★
    The game's been running better for me personally. For my friends? Not so much.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 27
    Agree, the game had its issues before but has been much worse after the hotfix. Getting lag now an game has quick freezes during fights. Timings are way off. Day 1 of AQ terrible. So many issues now.
  • ForumName123ForumName123 Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited August 17

Agree, the game had its issues before but has been much worse after the hotfix. Getting lag now an game has quick freezes during fights. Timings are way off. Day 1 of AQ terrible. So many issues now.

Day 1 of AQ is what I was going to base my opinion off of and it’s been pretty brutal. Map 7, epic mods and getting trucked in the face multiple times... The hotfix initially seemed to improve things but it’s truly worse than it was before now. This is the first time i’ve ever been scared about the future of this game....

It’s absolutely ridiculous that they took away the pre AQ compensation and are actually going through with the start of AW Season. I give it 4 wars max before they have to shut it down again early. The definition of pointless. People will be dumping resources needlessly because of greed and ignorance...
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 272 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit buddy hope you are aware about the situation. I am also facing issues like.
    1- In End game content opponents are behaving very defensive.
    2 - opponents are not throwing Sp1 and sp2 frequently.(lots of baiting is required)
    3 - Interception is nightmare.
    4 - Dex is still not working properly for me after re-installing game.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 272 ★★★

In agreement with all the points mentioned.