**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trying to Intercept is a Total Nightmare

sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 250 ★★★
edited August 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Is it just me or it's just really hard to intercept since the hotfix? It may just be that I am bad, but I've had a hard time trying to intercept lately (since this hotfix), and I always get nervous if the AI is going to intercept my intercept and completely nuke me down.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 250 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/D1rR7x7k75M

Here is a video I took earlier today.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I seen no problem
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I'm perfectly fine with intercepting, no issues. Did it a lot for the summoner showdown bosses.

But I'm one of the guys who aren't facing much game issues.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

AI seems to be light intercepting dashes and backing off/delaying their combos more often. Affects but it's just part of the AI being tougher, which tends to be a thing over updates.

Summoner Showdown bosses tend to be more aggressive.

I've had multiple attacks dex'd in arena. Never had that happen before. Was like 😳. this ai getting good
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    A few weeks ago, I completed the kamala khan Carina challenge and I was back draft intercepting Champion boss a ton and he did not light intercepted even a once.... But during the live stream of Brian grant completing that same challenge 2-3 days back, the champion boss was light intercepting his backdrafts. I am sure their is some sort of change in AI.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I backdraft intercept nameless kg. It was nearly flawless. Then I got kicked out for not updating the hotfix🤧...
    i guess I can't put that off much longer. Hopefully it's a fix not chaos on my end
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    sherin_66 said:

Sorry to break it to you dude but none of the times that you got hit were from intercepting not being reliable or one of the other bugs people have reported. They’re all because you messed up and dashed in when nameless king groot had a good window to smack you and he did.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Pre-hotfix: minor problems with Parry. No issue at all with intercept. Beat the GM, numerous SoP bosses and MEQ Rogue using lots of intercepts.

Post-hotfix: parry feels more consistent. Intercepting is totally off. 90% of intercept attempts result in the defender intercepting my intercept. Definitely feels input lag related. The timing window for intercepting is narrower than parry IMO.

My perspective is that it sucks. I was able to play/workaround the parry issues but not being able to intercept is crippling especially given so many nodes/abilities currently that encourage it.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I’ve been intercepting pretty easy, I’m using stark spidey.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    AI was upgraded on April 2019,
    Again on June 2020,
    Looks like it's another upgrade August 2021.

It's part of the game tbh... They have said this before that as the game progresses the AI will evolve.

I'll just assume to speak in behalf of most of the community that 'We are fine with this, as the game needs to progress. But we would also like to be notified that, AI is updated'.
    So that then new AI interaction doesn't come as surprise.

Mini rant: I hated the AI update of April 2019, it tweaked the core mechanics of the game like back draft and light-hit block bait NC trick.
  • sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 250 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

sherin_66 said:

Sorry to break it to you dude but none of the times that you got hit were from intercepting not being reliable or one of the other bugs people have reported. They’re all because you messed up and dashed in when nameless king groot had a good window to smack you and he did.
    Well I did mention that I was bad. I guess the "git gud" concept applies to me lmao.
  • SybrfukSybrfuk Posts: 12
    I have a similar issue too.
    Some times swiping for a medium hit doesn’t work for me. I would say it works like 75% of the time. Some times I have to swipe two or 3 times for the guy to charge.
    Been getting my butt kicked lately because the fighter stands still when I’m swiping for him to charge with a medium.