**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SL and Inhuman Lab Challenges

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Which path is cheaper to do? The easy path or the short path?
Also, screw these challenges. Very not fun.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I’m not qualified to give advice as I haven’t done labyrinth, but yea screw those challenges they’re stupid

The Canadian one was actually pretty fun, but I’ve tried at both the other ones and so far they blow. I have 60+ revives right now so I’m gonna blow through the Starlord one. I think the short path is the way to go.
    Zan0 said:

I did both of those on the short path but that was because I didn't have a 4 star quake so I was scared of magik otherwise Imo short path is good for starlord but the easy path is better for medusa

Eh, I can’t quake worth a damn, so I’ll probably take the short path for Medusa too.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    i would rather take venompool over magik, war machine and falcon and venom. the short path does actually have less health ro go through
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Short path for inhumans.
    Used ~20 team revives and 5-6 single revives for inhumans, I didnt ran suicides and medium boosted.

Went Easy path for sabertooth.

Haven't done star lord yet, but I'll save about 60 revives just in case. Will go short path for this too.
    Bruh. 80+ revives later, I had to quit out on Strange because I just wasn’t going to make it.
    Venompool singlehandedly took at least 40 revives because of his node and wonky AI. Strange took 15+ before I had to call it quits. I ****ing hate this challenge and think it’s absolute BS.
    Next time, I’m going in with 80 revives in the stash and at least 6K units. I’m also going to be taking the easy path next time because I honestly think it’ll be cheaper going through Magik and War Machine than it was to go through Venompool and DS. I’m also waiting until this stupid bug is gone.
    Anyways. Screw this challenge.
    The stupid thing is until VP and DS, I was actually enjoying the run somewhat. If the AI cooperates (doesn’t evade), I was able to take off between 20-25% per revive of the 3.5 million opponents.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Wait, was that the star Lord challenge you tried?

Because that’s the only one I have left to do and now I’m scared
    edited August 2021
    Yeah that was the SL challenge. If it weren’t for the VP and DS it wouldn’t be so bad I think.
    It’s a nightmare though. @Rockypantherx

Yeah that was the SL challenge. If it weren’t for the VP and DS it wouldn’t be so bad I think.

Oh joy. Well I guess I’ll be saving my grinded revives for the final SoP thing rather than getting that challenge done

Oh joy. Well I guess I’ll be saving my grinded revives for the final SoP thing rather than getting that challenge done
    I’d recommend it. I quit out with 20 40% revives and 3 20% revives left in my inventory just so I wouldn’t the screwed for SoP.

I’d recommend it. I quit out with 20 40% revives and 3 20% revives left in my inventory just so I wouldn’t the screwed for SoP.
    Probably a smart move. I’m still going to try and get it done before the end of the month, but I’m not feeling anywhere near as confident anymore

Probably a smart move. I’m still going to try and get it done before the end of the month, but I’m not feeling anywhere near as confident anymore
    I really thought it’d be easier than this. I’d recommend taking the easy path with the colossus shortcut to avoid the spidergwen. You’ll still have to fight Magik, but I’d rather face her than VP and DS again.

I really thought it’d be easier than this. I’d recommend taking the easy path with the colossus shortcut to avoid the spidergwen. You’ll still have to fight Magik, but I’d rather face her than VP and DS again.
    Really? I know Venompool is a right pain, but he always is. What’s so bad about strange, I haven’t had any problems with him on my two previous runs?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

I also quit out when I was halfway through DDHK for the SL challenge cause it seemed like I was likely going to exceed my budgeted saved revives (and will resultingly have to spend units for the SOP final 2 week challenge). So just gonna chill and farm revives at the end of the month to finish it up.

DS isn't that bad (went through him for Inhumans and ST). It's the VP that will totally be a pain.

(I actually hate Thor JF as well. Just really screws my rhythm when I can't hit into block, and DDHK is just so mind-numbingly slow waiting out his sp1.)

As much as there are more fights on the easy path, SL can take off roughly 20% health off a 3.4m opponent (ie about 700k). This effectively means that for the easy path, you can take down each opponent with 1 revive (i.e. going in with full health, die after taking out 50-60% health, revive, finish up the fight then move on to the next opponent).

Whereas for the hard path, it's more or less 4-6 revives per opponent (you don't get the benefit of saving one revive past the fight), with more limitations and BS to deal with as well.

Is the War Machine on LOL the pre-buff or the post-buff one? If it's the post-buff one, might be worth it to keep some Willpower on to heal from his debuffs.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Imo full outside for inhumans (no colossus shortcut) and inside for sl

Full outside is best for inhumans as it gives you the most medusa viable fights (she works great for all but uc and magik), inside leaves most of the difficult fights which she doesn’t really work for, and colossus overall would be more revives than vision Gwen and cyclops, who in my run took 4 singles

Star lord you just want as little health to deal with as possible reslly, venompool absolutely sucks, but the rest of the inside fights are fine
    xNig said:

As much as there are more fights on the easy path, SL can take off roughly 20% health off a 3.4m opponent (ie about 700k). This effectively means that for the easy path, you can take down each opponent with 1 revive (i.e. going in with full health, die after taking out 50-60% health, revive, finish up the fight then move on to the next opponent).

Whereas for the hard path, it's more or less 4-6 revives per opponent (you don't get the benefit of saving one revive past the fight), with more limitations and BS to deal with as well.

Is the War Machine on LOL the pre-buff or the post-buff one? If it's the post-buff one, might be worth it to keep some Willpower on to heal from his debuffs.
    Pre buff, no ability changes in of legends stuff, only animation changes
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★

Bruh. 80+ revives later, I had to quit out on Strange because I just wasn’t going to make it.
    Venompool singlehandedly took at least 40 revives because of his node and wonky AI. Strange took 15+ before I had to call it quits. I ****ing hate this challenge and think it’s absolute BS.
    Next time, I’m going in with 80 revives in the stash and at least 6K units. I’m also going to be taking the easy path next time because I honestly think it’ll be cheaper going through Magik and War Machine than it was to go through Venompool and DS. I’m also waiting until this stupid bug is gone.

Damn that went rough...even with average rng venompool fight can be done in 12-15 revives but it looks your fight with venompool happened with worst rng.... In my inhumans run it also went very bad and had to use 3 team revives(4 out of 5 we're maxed 4*s) and 15-20 single revives, that demon kept getting regeneration buff and I also had no suicides.
    But the fights after Ds were just kamala and rocket which would not have been very tough and maestro would have been little tricky but in worst case it would have required atmost 40 revives. Since u already used 80+ revives , it would have been better to use a little more revives....
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Full outside is best for inhumans as it gives you the most medusa viable fights (she works great for all but uc and magik), inside leaves most of the difficult fights which she doesn’t really work for, and colossus overall would be more revives than vision Gwen and cyclops, who in my run took 4 singles

Star lord you just want as little health to deal with as possible reslly, venompool absolutely sucks, but the rest of the inside fights are fine

@Lvernon15 what about spider gwen?

@StevieManWonder did you run suicides?

Lvernon15 said:

It’s old spider Gwen, evade isn’t as big an issue

Damn that went rough...even with average rng venompool fight can be done in 12-15 revives but it looks your fight with venompool happened with worst rng.... In my inhumans run it also went very bad and had to use 3 team revives(4 out of 5 we're maxed 4*s) and 15-20 single revives, that demon kept getting regeneration buff and I also had no suicides.
    But the fights after Ds were just kamala and rocket which would not have been very tough and maestro would have been little tricky but in worst case it would have required atmost 40 revives. Since u already used 80+ revives , it would have been better to use a little more revives....
    Honestly there was no way I would have gotten past DS without blowing through 10+ more revives which wouldn’t have left me with enough revives to take down the remaining bosses. I also didn’t have any units left since I had to buy revives and I wasn’t about to spend real money to buy units for this.

Lvernon15 said:

I don’t, SL needs his sp2 a lot, so I didn’t bother with them.
    xNig said:

DS isn't that bad (went through him for Inhumans and ST). It's the VP that will totally be a pain.

(I actually hate Thor JF as well. Just really screws my rhythm when I can't hit into block, and DDHK is just so mind-numbingly slow waiting out his sp1.)
    He wasn’t bad at all when I went against him with ST, I just could not get into a rhythm against him with SL.
    The Thor JF fight was annoying as well because of the no blocked hits. DDHK wasn’t as bad as I expected just slower because of his sp1 and he’d keep on evading the last hit of my sp2
    Zan0 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I don’t, SL needs his sp2 a lot, so I didn’t bother with them.
    Suicides are horrible for starlord anyway since it doesn't scale with his sig ability. 10 hits into the fight and Suicides are basically worthless
    That’s what I heard too.