**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

Would seem appropriate if Kabam approached this the same way as they did with the Namor/Cull changes.

Sell the champ and have them sent back plus the resources. That way anyone who used AG and stones for a sig that works differently to how they expected can use them elsewhere...

Those were fundamental changes to champs where actual changes happened. This is no where near the same thing.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I've been curious as to what was said about Hercules' immortality in his deep dive video. For whatever it's worth, at 5:20 they actually show an sp3 knocking him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YI8G_Cv7fA&t=320s

edited August 2021
    Of course the wording was ambiguous, and the fact that we watched Hercules tank sp3s for a month as an EQ / SQ defender naturally made us believe that was meant to be part of his kit. I think the one thing we all agree on is that Kabam should have been more transparent about changing the way Hercules' immortality has been working.
    Jeal79 said:

Those were fundamental changes to champs where actual changes happened. This is no where near the same thing.

Sig ability not working the way you saw it work 30x during Side event after spending an AG sounds like a fundamental change to me.

Give people their gems and stones back is all I'm saying.

BTW... Don't get flattered over your "awesome". That was my fat thumbs trying to click on Quote 😂😂
    You can always undo the "awesome" by clicking on it again. I don't care about those things anyway. I don't even use them myself.

Namor and Cull had their written abilities changed. Herc has not had his written abilities changed. Now if they came in and reduced his damage, I'd totally agree with you but that's not what's happened here.

Again, I don't think very many people ranked him for the Sp3 thing. He's an offensive powerhouse and a prestige champion. If you're playing him correctly, there's no need to ever tank a Sp3. I highly doubt the only reason someone used a gem and sig stones on him was because of that bugged interaction.
    Jeal79 said:

o_o said:

I've been curious as to what was said about Hercules' immortality in his deep dive video. For whatever it's worth, at 5:20 they actually show an sp3 knocking him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YI8G_Cv7fA&t=320s

You mean at 5:42...

Which shows the sp3 knocking him out AFTER the invulnerability has been triggered (screenshot below). Nobody is disputing that part.

good lord how did i miss that :#:D
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We apologise for any inconvenience and confusion caused. We have shared your thoughts and feedback with the team and they will look into some clarification for Hercules' Signature Ability description. For now, we confirm once more that Hercules is working as intended. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi.
    A lot of people spend money, and resources on Hércules. Please do not nerf him 🙏🏻
    Jeal79 said:

Namor and Cull had their written abilities changed. Herc has not had his written abilities changed. Now if they came in and reduced his damage, I'd totally agree with you but that's not what's happened here.

Again, I don't think very many people ranked him for the Sp3 thing. He's an offensive powerhouse and a prestige champion. If you're playing him correctly, there's no need to ever tank a Sp3. I highly doubt the only reason someone used a gem and sig stones on him was because of that bugged interaction.

Doesn't matter that "you think". People will know themselves if that's what made them rank/awaken him.

My point is... Using the Namor/Cull approach you are not giving anyone anything they didn't already have. Some might re-rank but not awaken. Some might use all resources elsewhere. THEY GAIN NOTHING EXTRA TO WHAT THEY ALREADY HAD.

Kabam have already admitted fault for the wording. Additionally there was no flag to the community that the bosses we were fighting were bugged.

Anyway, why oppose a solution that could appease the wider community without granting those same people any extra advantage? Getting back what you put in under false pretenses should be standard practice.

Because it starts to set a precedent that anytime something like this happens, that becomes the norm.

The only reason people want this solution is because the can't fathom mistakes happening. Rank down tickets aren't the solution to bugs.

Again, Kabam should have mentioned this either in game or a sticky thread. That's their bad. They are also looking into the issue in more detail as well. This is not a comparable issue to Namor/Cull/She Hulk.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,340 ★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

Sig ability not working the way you saw it work 30x during Side event after spending an AG sounds like a fundamental change to me.

BTW... Don't get flattered over your "awesome". That was my fat thumbs trying to click on Quote 😂😂
    With his amount of dislikes, it is not like it matters much anyway... 😂😂
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Cash grab - month of people fighting a character with an ability then wanting a character for said ability. Much money was spent, much was grabbed and kabam never had the intention of letting them keep it.

Bait and switch - videos galore showcasing said ability then silently pulling it away without a word. There is the switch. You would have to be a kabam employee to try side with them on this.

I shouldn’t need to take you to community college.

Still missing the facts part of all this Kevin.
    I am actually embarrassed for you at this point, I feel like I am picking on someone that is incapable for forming a rational thought. You need me to post Youtube links of Hercules not being knocked out by a special 3 last month during the event?

Come on Joshy, grow up now.
    You can try and play it that way all you want. You haven't given any facts. At all. You've given your loose definition of the two phrases you used but none of that actually happened in game. You still don't understand what either of them actually mean.

You think insulting me and calling me by my real name is somehow going to make up for the fact that you don't have any ground to stand on.

Yes, I'd like you back up your claim of "videos galore" when there's only one that I know of which was Seating whole accidentally stumbled on it while testing. He was as surprised as anyone. Other than that, what content creator who is apart of the CCP, specifically said this is a mechanic of Hercules during the time the CCP had him to test.
    No I think that by patronizing you it irks you and it makes me laugh, don't get it twisted. You are just a child after all.

Seatin's early video showed it clearly, a special 3 did not take him down and triggered his immortal. A google search of hurizzgaming shows him surviving the S3 as well in July. Now in a silent update, many are realizing that their Herc's are going down on an S3. Got it?

Are you seriously debating that all of us that played the event last month didn't realize our S3's did not take him completely down and still left him with his immortal in tact? This is becoming counter productive, I shouldn't need to explain what has already been admitted by Kabam.
    It doesn't irk me.

So 2 videos is your example of "videos galore"? One from someone I've never even heard of? Awesome.

I didn't rely on sp3s to take him down. Pretty sure you didn't either. Probably just saying to make your argument work.

Kabam admitted the wording isn't correct for the interaction that's happening. The said it's working as intended. So you're right everything you've said has been counter productive.
    BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

With his amount of dislikes, it is not like it matters much anyway... 😂😂
    The amount of dislikes I have is a skewed number. There are people.on here that no matter what I put, actual proven facts or if I agree with them or if I don't, the out disagree. I'd say 60% of those are true disagrees. But I also have almost as many agrees. And at one point I had more agrees than disagrees. But whatever. I don't care about those and it doesn't hurt my feelings either way. So if you think you're making some dig at me, you aren't.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Odin, Shang Chi, Hercules...
    In a few words.. STOP BUYING EARLY ACCESS
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

My take on this issue:

From reading the sig ability I can see how it could be interpreted both ways where he should be able to tank an sp3 and where he shouldn't.

I totally agree with this. I can also see how it could be interpreted both ways...
    ... However, whenever a champ description is ambiguous then the proof is in testing for yourself. The very first time I faced Herc in side event I read his ability carefully and believed myself that if I threw an sp3 at him below 5% health that it would finish the job. Witnessing with my own eyes that this wasn't the case led me to a 100% definite conclusion on what the sig ability meant since I had now tested it for myself.

My conclusion on what the wording meant was determined by what I experienced first hand
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Cash grab - month of people fighting a character with an ability then wanting a character for said ability. Much money was spent, much was grabbed and kabam never had the intention of letting them keep it.

Bait and switch - videos galore showcasing said ability then silently pulling it away without a word. There is the switch. You would have to be a kabam employee to try side with them on this.

I shouldn’t need to take you to community college.

Still missing the facts part of all this Kevin.
    I am actually embarrassed for you at this point, I feel like I am picking on someone that is incapable for forming a rational thought. You need me to post Youtube links of Hercules not being knocked out by a special 3 last month during the event?

Come on Joshy, grow up now.
    You can try and play it that way all you want. You haven't given any facts. At all. You've given your loose definition of the two phrases you used but none of that actually happened in game. You still don't understand what either of them actually mean.

You think insulting me and calling me by my real name is somehow going to make up for the fact that you don't have any ground to stand on.

Yes, I'd like you back up your claim of "videos galore" when there's only one that I know of which was Seating whole accidentally stumbled on it while testing. He was as surprised as anyone. Other than that, what content creator who is apart of the CCP, specifically said this is a mechanic of Hercules during the time the CCP had him to test.
    No I think that by patronizing you it irks you and it makes me laugh, don't get it twisted. You are just a child after all.

Seatin's early video showed it clearly, a special 3 did not take him down and triggered his immortal. A google search of hurizzgaming shows him surviving the S3 as well in July. Now in a silent update, many are realizing that their Herc's are going down on an S3. Got it?

Are you seriously debating that all of us that played the event last month didn't realize our S3's did not take him completely down and still left him with his immortal in tact? This is becoming counter productive, I shouldn't need to explain what has already been admitted by Kabam.
    It doesn't irk me.

So 2 videos is your example of "videos galore"? One from someone I've never even heard of? Awesome.

I didn't rely on sp3s to take him down. Pretty sure you didn't either. Probably just saying to make your argument work.

Kabam admitted the wording isn't correct for the interaction that's happening. The said it's working as intended. So you're right everything you've said has been counter productive.
    Talk about grasping at straws, good grief this generation of children are pathetic.

The facts are simple, a change was made, people were not made aware, it affects the champ and how you use him (plus now we realize we could have fought him differently), the end.

Anyone who awakened him may want to reverse their decision, or they may not. Either way, they at the very least deserve their awakening and sigs back because this screams "silent nerf".
    Whatever homie.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Sooo all month long Kabam benefitted from the bug during the EQ only to screw people that dumped a lot of money based on CCP videos and actual game play during the event when facing the champ. This is a new low Kabam.

How did Kabam benefit from the bug exactly?

Sooo all month long Kabam benefitted from the bug during the EQ only to screw people that dumped a lot of money based on CCP videos and actual game play during the event when facing the champ. This is a new low Kabam.

because you could have just built up a sp3 and took him out and not dealt with the unblockable immortality. Its shady imo, you of course have the opposite of everyone else which is ok, you can have your opinion. Plus the huge upside of a champ having immortality is being able to survive a sp3, just like luke cage, so people spent money to awaken him for this reason thinking this could be an option. Having a high damage champ be able to keep attacking the AI and not having to bait a sp2 is a huge benefit knowing they cannot take you out with a sp3 especially during end game content. In every scenario they benefitted, otherwise this champ doesnt need to be awakened.
    Luke Cage has indestructible, not immortality. Hercules kit literally says it's not designed to withstand a Sp3.

Yes, herc in EQ was bugged but I don't see how any of that cost anyone anything extra.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

because you could have just built up a sp3 and took him out and not dealt with the unblockable immortality. Its shady imo, you of course have the opposite of everyone else which is ok, you can have your opinion. Plus the huge upside of a champ having immortality is being able to survive a sp3, just like luke cage, so people spent money to awaken him for this reason thinking this could be an option. Having a high damage champ be able to keep attacking the AI and not having to bait a sp2 is a huge benefit knowing they cannot take you out with a sp3 especially during end game content. In every scenario they benefitted, otherwise this champ doesnt need to be awakened.
    How does Kabam benefit from ANY bug in their own product? Eventually, all bugs need to be dealt with. No one benefits from it. That's the point. This ridiculous idea that they keep bugs to make money on them is not only illogical, it's just wrong. No one benefits from a bug.
    Fuzzycat said:

Luke Cage has indestructible, not immortality. Hercules kit literally says it's not designed to withstand a Sp3.

Yes, herc in EQ was bugged but I don't see how any of that cost anyone anything extra.
    On a serious note, Demonzfyre, do you work for Kabam? The way you’re championing/defending Kabam’s move, it makes me feel Kabam has promised to make you the next Summoner’s Choice Champion… 🤔🤔🤔😎😎😎

Let’s call spade a spade. Kabam messed this up real bad. They had ample time to fix this “bug” (that was showcased in numerous YouTube videos and CCP gameplay) but decided to do so ONLY AFTER thousands of players spent countless hours grinding in arenas (which even set a record cutoff) and spent $$$$$ for this champ. And they “fixed” Hercules silently too. C’mon, Kabam!!! We were not born yesterday.
    Oh look the ol "calling me a Kabam employee" bit. Haven't heard that one huh.

Your tinfoil seems a bit tight. Might want to loosen it up a bit
    Typhoon said:

Mods really need to clean up this thread. Sometimes I wonder why some people are continuously allowed to post here...

I'm assuming you mean the ones that don't agree with what you say.

Sure, only allow the people who agree with comment.