**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bunch of people can't chat!

Plz help this problem I know 10 or more people who this has happened 2 in the last 2 days and there are probably more! Plz help fix this is really making me want to quit thx plz help

Comments

• doctordoomdoctordoom Posts: 261
    Username doctordoom!!!!!
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    How long have you or they been unable to chat?
    Me yesterday and some people 2 nights ago
    edited June 2017
    Could be a number of things, a bug , a temporary chat mute , or a permanent chat ban. It really depends, typically if your chat is down for 48-72 hours it's a mute and they're investigating it.

If it's over that , like for a week or longer than it's likely a permanent chat ban and there's nothing you can do about it.

When you type and send does the message disappear or does it do something else ? If it disappears then it's probably a chat ban temp or perm if not then it's a bug with the chst.

Your best bet would be to contact support and submit a ticket and keep pestering them about it to see exactly what's going on
    It disappears but I know alot it people who haven't done anything bad that it happened 2 and wouldn't they send a message to you it you got a ban?
    Some people had the same problem that's never on global but it got fixed think it's just a glitch
    And if they don't tell you when you get a ban that's just bull ****
    Some people had the same problem that's never on global but it got fixed think it's just a glitch
    And don't you get a amount of temp ban intill a permanent? Since it so this would be my first if not a glitch
    I heard you have 4 warnings AKA temp ban intill permanent ban is this true?
    Think it is a glitch though if this many people are having this problem i hope the game team investigations this
    I heard you have 4 warnings AKA temp ban before
    I hope Kabam investigations this really want this fixed
    Idc if we get gifted for the problem I just want it fixed
    edited June 2017
    You'd be surprised at what they will or won't tell you, and what might be enough to net yourself a temporary or permanent chat ban or what some people can get away with.

They won't always tell you or warn you that you're close to getting one or have one until it's to late which I agree is bs but that's their nature even if you didn't say anything or do anything you may net yourself a chat ban.

Like I said if it's a temporary chat ban then it'll resolve itself withing 3 days, and if not then it could a permanent chat ban with no option or way to reversal due to their policy on that.

If they did or didn't give you and your friends one you might get the run-around by support and the mods if you submit a ticket or post here about this enough and probably will get the same answer it could be a bug it could be a chat ban that's temporary or permanent.

Usually when a chat just disappears when you try to send it , it's usually a ban though in some instances it could be a bug

I know quite a bit about this particular issue, and what I'm saying was exactly what I heard from the mods and support though it was a pain in the ass to get a straight answer from them.

They gave me the run-around for months before finally giving me an answer about what I was dealing with though they never actually warned me nor did the ever give me a definite answer on exactly what happened and what the cause of it was.

Even now I don't know what happened, I barely used golbal, private chat, or allaince chat or any of them back then and was never ever warned or anything it just stopped working in the middle of my conversation with my allaince without warning or explation and It made being leader and officer a pain.

I wish you and your friends luck, and I hope your situations are resolved. Just though I'd put my two cents in and the experience I had with the samething. Btw I think you're friends with my alt
    What's your alt account?
    If I got banned forever there is no point in being in a alliance I'll just quit the game forever
    Yeah I'm a leader it really stinks wish this will get fixed or tell me what happened if not bye MCOC
    Half my alliance had this problem or have what do we get banned from chat now for kicking people?
    Hopefully this makes kabams list on things to work on
    Anyone else having the problem not chating?
    Well it looks like a permanent​ ban thx kabam you just ruined the game for me good bye MCOC unless you fix it if it's a bug or send a message on what happened that means no more money spent on the game
    plz look into this problem thx
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Get LINE from the app store, for free! Cuss, swear, go wild!

Right! In game chat is horrible anyway.
    How would I tell my alliance my line app? If I can't talk in game?
    wray1976 wrote: »

Really line? How would anyone​ know my line if I can't talk
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    doctordoom wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »

Really line? How would anyone​ know my line if I can't talk

Well, there are many ways to do it.

Reddit, forums, facebook, twitter, instagram, messenger or any social media app should do the trick!
    Still how would I tell them any of these if I can't chat that's really not any help
  • If you're experiencing an issue where you're unable to type because your keyboard will not pop up on your device - this may be a bug. Please start a new thread with details regarding the issue including device information and OS version.

However, if you're able to type but then when you go to submit your message it just "disappears" then it's likely related to your account and not a bug. This will happen if your account has been banned from chat. A chat ban can last from one hour to several days and possibly even permanent. A chat ban can occur if you have been flooding chat with alliance recruitment, being rude, posting inappropriate content (even if much of it is getting filtered), or posting anything that may violate our terms of service.

Please consider your past chat history. If you have been chatting in the game in an inappropriate manner, it's best to stop doing so immediately. Continuing to post in this manner that may have earned you a temporary chat ban could result in a permanent chat ban in the future.

For account specific inquiries, please contact our Support Team as we are not able to assist with account specific issues in the public forums.
This discussion has been closed.